It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your name meaning.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I have a unique one for you all.

My name is Judas and contrary to the connotations most people automatically attribute to my name, it means "praised" or "He (God) is praised."

While I did not care much for my name as a kid (use your imagination and you should know why), I embrace it now.

At the age of 31, I have yet to meet another person who shares my name and that alone makes me stand out from the crowd

I rather enjoy introducing myself to someone and watching their facial reactions upon hearing my name, it is an easy way to get a read on the person, or in general is a great ice breaker lol...

I understand it is an unpopular name due to an incident that happened 2000+ years ago, but there were many people named Judas in the bible. 2 of the 12 disciples were named Judas (although the other is never mentioned), and Jesus had a brother named "Judas" and can be found in Matt 13:55, that, according to my mother, is where I got my name from.

Anyways, good thread op, and I will leave you all with this question

"Does a name make a man? Or does a man make the name?"

Take care and have a blessed day fellow ATS'ers.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
My name is Jordan, and that means the river of judgment.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IntrinsicMotivation

Hehe! When you asked, if a name makes a man or vice versa, this reminded me to Johnny Cash's "A boy named Sue".

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Well mine means High spiritual plane, intuitive, illumination, idealist, a dreamer.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
My name has been in my family for many generations and has been passed on from father to son. My great-grandfather, grandfather, father, myself and my son all bear exactly the same names. My name signifies my life's motto: I am a master on my square mile.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Wasteland. Oddly enough I'm a recovering alcoholic lol

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
My first name represents a strong willed warrior or resolute protector. My middle name means red. I am part Lakota Sioux so I guess Grayeagle is truly a red warrior.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
My first name means Strong, Healthy. My middle name means Lord is Judge, last name means morning star or light bearer.
edit on 3-8-2013 by borracho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I'm named after my favorite Rush album!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
My name first name means :

Of Mars the God of war, warlike. (Marc) an ancient name apparently.

Middle name means priceless.

Also my last name means timid or shy person, female deer. It has also been associated with the stream or to live near one and also to act in a regal manor or to be regarded regally.

It means little to me but it is fascinating.
edit on 31-8-2013 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
My first name means Noble. But I was named after two of my aunts (my mom's sisters). She just liked the names so that's what I got.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Risingfall

My name is a feminine form of a male name. It means courageous, strong and warrior.

I think it fits me quite well.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Billie: Protector
Dawn: Beginning Anew
Last Name: Shield.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join