It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Pentagram in Kazakhstan on Google Maps (VIDEO)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
WHEW! Good thing the MSM was around to clarify what this was... it's just a Star cause they used them in the former USSR...LOL

Interesting that the tackled this story isn't it? I mean why even bother?
edit on 5-8-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Could be, I guess.
Though the outer ring is not a feature of the Russian star.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Could be, I guess.
Though the outer ring is not a feature of the Russian star.

No it certainly does not. I find it odd they would report on this at all,(sure some bored reporter is the logical)... unless perhaps some theory was on to something about it and this is a deflection. But the MSM wouldn't do that would they?

I am sure it is nothing, but it is things like this (and being on ATS too much) that make me wonder.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I see very small roads or paths and I see trees but no sign at all of any missiles.

I also find it strange this was mentioned in the msm.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Guess what was painted on American WWII aircraft....

Yup, a white pentagram on a black circle with a white ring around it.

As for why no missiles are apparent in the pic, it could be that the site has been abandoned by the military (for now).

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

The site is 1200 feet in diameter. That is way larger than a soviet era SAM site. I buy the explanation that it was a park created during the Soviet era more than I buy the SAM site explanation. I just see no evidence at all that this location was used for a Surface to Air Missile installation.

Maybe it was made by a bunch of metal heads for an outdoor concert? Seems plausible

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
www.rumbur.ru...

Well, there are no missiles there, because it is not missile launch area. It is an old, abandonned park. Nothing more. The link contains more photos and explanation in russian, but you can use google translate if you want.

Star was the symbol of soviet russia, it was used everywere. This is an example. A park made in shape of a star. It looks like a pentagram because it is the best way to connect roads into star in a park. Also circle makes sense here, there is often a road that goes all the way around the park.

So no missiles guys. Just a park. Abandoned park.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
From the Wikipedia page for the S-75 Dvina (SA-2) missile system:

Each battalion will typically have six, semi-fixed, single-rail launchers for their V-750 missiles positioned approximately 60 to 100 m (200 to 330 ft) apart from each other in a hexagonal "flower" pattern, with radars and guidance systems placed in the center. It was this unique "flower" shape that led to the sites being easily recognizable in reconnaissance photos. Typically another six missiles are stored on tractor-trailers near the center of the site.

S-75 Dvina

Looks like the pattern is associated with ease of missile transport, as Phage noted originally. the aerial photo at the link shows rounded points, but that was a battery in North Vietnam

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
From the Wikipedia page for the S-75 Dvina (SA-2) missile system:

Each battalion will typically have six, semi-fixed, single-rail launchers for their V-750 missiles positioned approximately 60 to 100 m (200 to 330 ft) apart from each other in a hexagonal "flower" pattern, with radars and guidance systems placed in the center. It was this unique "flower" shape that led to the sites being easily recognizable in reconnaissance photos. Typically another six missiles are stored on tractor-trailers near the center of the site.

S-75 Dvina

Looks like the pattern is associated with ease of missile transport, as Phage noted originally. the aerial photo at the link shows rounded points, but that was a battery in North Vietnam

Which is obviously not what we're looking at

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join