It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Pentagram in Kazakhstan on Google Maps (VIDEO)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I only cited Crowley because he disagreed. I am not at all familiar with his work.
I didn't use Crowley because I believe him anymore than I believe the rest of these 'weird, old, magic guys'. I simply wanted to establish the fact that there is disagreement within occult circles as well.

I am not a Wiccan. I do not affiliate myself with any religious or spiritual groups. I consider myself an agnostic, and at times an atheist. But generally don't find the labeling that important.

I just wanted to make the point that there is nothing to support the idea that a Pentagram is exclusively an evil symbol, nor any good explanation to what makes this symbol so evil.

There is no such thing as occult science.
edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mads1987

I only cited Crowley because he disagreed. I am not at all familiar with his work.
I didn't use Crowley because I believe him anymore than I believe the rest of these 'weird, old, magic guys'. I simply wanted to establish the fact that there is disagreement within occult circles as well.

I am not a Wiccan. I do not affiliate myself with any religious or spiritual groups. I consider myself an agnostic, and at times an atheist. But generally don't find the labeling that important.

I just wanted to make the point that there is nothing to support the idea that a Pentagram is exclusively an evil symbol, nor any good explanation to what makes this symbol so evil.

There is no such thing as occult science.

No such thing to you, perhaps.

To expand on why it should matter:

If you were part of a neighboring tribe to the Mayans or Aztecs, and their empire encompassed your tribe, and they came in contact with your people, would it matter if you believed in their gods when they ripped your heart out in sacrifice to their gods on the tops of their temples? Would it really be an issue if their god's were really THE gods?
edit on 2-8-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

No, I don't see how that would be important to me at all. But I guess it's a matter of belief.
What is your point?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

No, I don't see how that would be important to me at all. But I guess that is a matter of belief.
What is your point?

So you state that you wouldn't be concerned at all if a certain group of people who just happened to be in a position of power believed you should have your heart ripped out at the top of their temples as a testament of victory to their foreign gods (which you didn't believe in to begin with)?

What is my point? Either you're trolling, or you are willingly ignorant. The point is that despite your disbelief in foreign religions, principles, etc, there are still people who consider those ideas to be truth.

You might not believe in Allah, but I'm guessing you probably wouldn't want your head cut off by some Jihadist nut job, either.

edit on 2-8-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Might have misunderstood your question. But if you are asking me if I would be concerned with the fact that someone wanted to chop my head off, or rip my heart out, then the answer is yes. I don't think I would enjoy either of those things at all.
But I wouldn't waste a sec contemplating if there was a chance that they were right. Which is what I felt you were asking me.

I am not trolling. I know that there is still a lot of people who believe different supernatural things to be true. But I still don't understand your point with all of this? Is your point that I should not be so skeptical just because others believe in it? You said something about that you wanted to explain why something matter. Why what matters?!
JUST SAY WHAT YOUR POINT IS?

Just want to add: You asked me if it would matter if I believe in their God when they killed me. Not if I would be concerned with the fact that they were killing!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Might have misunderstood your question. But if you are asking me if I would be concerned with the fact that someone wanted to chop my head off, or rip my heart out, then the answer is yes. I don't think I would enjoy either of those things at all.
But I wouldn't waste a sec contemplating if there was a chance that they were right. Which is what I felt you were asking me.

I am not trolling. I know that there is still a lot of people who believe different supernatural things to be true. But I still don't understand your point with all of this? Is your point that I should not be so skeptical just because others believe in it? You said something about that you wanted to explain why something matter. Why what matters?!
JUST SAY WHAT YOUR POINT IS?

I thought it was quite obvious?

My point is that even if you don't believe in the occult, there are people out there that do. So to dismiss it as nonsense, while working for you, does not protect you from the people who believe it. This sort of spiraled out of your desire to dismiss the inverted pentacle as an evil symbol (which it is).

It's like saying that because you are an atheist, you have no reason to be concerned about muslim extremists. It's complete nonsense. You might as well bury your head in the sand.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

No, cause studies will prove that muslim extremeist, or any other kind of extremism is dangerous to my health. The is not a single scientific study that will verify your notion that the inverted pentagram is evil or dangerous.

So no, it isn't the same.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

If you believe so much in this, why not conduct your own scientific studies?
I know that if I ever believed in anything with the passion that so many religious people claim to do, I would do more to convince others. But unfortunately it always ends the same way - they give up when asked for proof.

Of cause there aren't many scientific studies in this area, the very idea is ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I know that if I ever believed in anything with the passion that so many religious people claim to do, I would do more to convince others. But unfortunately it always ends the same way - they give up when asked for proof.

Of cause there aren't many scientific studies in this area, the very idea is ridiculous.

We could always just end this argument and you could just do some research on what I originally stated regarding the inverted pentagram, but that would require far too much effort on your part, wouldn't it? Or perhaps what you're getting at is that the entire premise of the OP is ridiculous in the first place, in which case you have no place debating the significance of a symbol you are completely ignorant to anyways?

Personally I think I'm far more clever than I give you credit for.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

We could always just end this argument and you could just do some research on what I originally stated regarding the inverted pentagram, but that would require far too much effort on your part, wouldn't it? Or perhaps what you're getting at is that the entire premise of the OP is ridiculous in the first place, in which case you have no place debating the significance of a symbol you are completely ignorant to anyways?

Personally I think I'm far more clever than I give you credit for.

Yes, it would be illogical for me to waste time researching something that is so easily dismissed. Especially since you haven't provided anything of interest. The things you originally posted were some quotes pulled from wikipedia. No quantifiable data, no studies, no research. Just quotes from weird, old, magic guys.

Even if I found the OP ridiculous in the first place, I still have just as much right to be debating or debunking this subject as any other. Besides, I do not feel any more ignorant about semiotics than you are.

You claimed it was evil, ain't gonna do your homework for you. Why and how is it evil?

By the way - I am glad to hear that you feel so good about yourself. Recently read a study that suggested that depressions were more regular among spiritual people.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Seal of The Devil

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

I'd note...some arguments are agenda driven to the point of carrying by their very own logic, however much or little it relates to the topic at hand..

Or to put it another way.. Don't feed the trolls. Err... I should have followed that last night.

@Op

Sorry for anything I did in helping create this little train wreck of the last couple pages. I'd never have even mentioned my Faith or the other purpose of the 5 point within the closed circle, had I anticipated the determined and..err..extremely motivated response.

That being said? You did make quite a find there. However pedestrian the result for what it is? (It's Anti-Air...however much some want to fantasize some wild explanation)..heck, the find itself is worth the note. Good job on that. Hey, if people aren't out looking, the REALLY good stuff never gets found either, right?

* Sometimes you find Al Capone's Vault and sometimes you find the wreck of the Titanic. The search is always worth doing tho, either way.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Acute right angles are not conducive to maneuvering missile trucks.
What is an acute right angle?

The sharpest necessary turn I see in this layout would be 90º (a right angle) at the outer ring. And, if you use Google Earth and zoom in on these areas you can see that a 90º turn would not be difficult. The road scales to a width of about 10 meters. That is the width of about 2 and half interstate freeway lanes.

edit on 8/2/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Standard USSR missile configuration.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leonidas
Standard USSR missile configuration.

Agreed, we have been looking at these for a while in the UK, standard Ussr missile config. but still a cool find.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The fact that there are quite a few makes the SAM site seem very plausible. Honestly the weirdest thing I find about this is that it's labeled (Adam, Seal of Lucifer 81694 BC) and on the current google maps there is a tag there that says "human flesh bbq" Freaky.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kazootica

You know the tags come from users, right?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

a 90 degree turn wouldn't be difficult for a car perhaps, but a missile truck? The one image you provided earlier in the thread, is a good example of a design that makes sense for a SAM site. I'm not saying this particular site is some sort of Satanist preschool (seems like they would choose a more discreet location if such a thing existed), but I'm not convinced you've conclusively shown it to be an old Soviet SAM site.

This website for instance, shows a number of SAM configurations, none of which are perfect pentagrams:

Soviet SAM configurations

Additionally, the image in the OP lacks any sort of indication that there were missile batteries present at any of the points of the star, and there doesn't seem to be any sort of disturbance to the terrain in the center of the pentagram where you'd expect the radar to be positioned. I suppose it's possible time has allowed for the growth of vegetation over those locations, but then why would the lines be left, and so clearly visible? Furthermore, why would the positions between the points be so far apart?

If you have some sort of proof that this particular location is an old Soviet SAM site other than "the almighty word of phage", I'd love to see it.
edit on 4-8-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

you aren't going to do my homework for me?

I've already done my homework. You dismissed certain quotes I provided as being nonsense without providing any sort of evidence of your own. If you can suggest some literature for me that indicates inverted pentacles aren't symbols of evil I will take a look at it. Unfortunately, common sense would seem to agree with my position given the fact it's not only a symbol used by satanists, but is also a symbol generally regarded as having negative connotations by ritual magicians themselves.

If you're trying to shift the goal posts by arguing some sort of moral relativism about what "evil" is, then I'm not particularly interested in having that debate with you here.
edit on 4-8-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join