It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Pentagram in Kazakhstan on Google Maps (VIDEO)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
A Pentagram? Symbol of Satan?

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Soloprotocol

And the old airfield to the east.
All protected by the SAMs.

And wasn't Sam the Son of Satan? OMG! Must be a connection

(these conspiracy theories are easy!)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Phage

No more evil than the Swastika was, which was a variant based on the Hindu and Buddhist symbol for fortune. It was simply disrespected and then popularized in its state of disrespect. If anything, the intentions are dark, not the symbol itself.

Just like guns don't kill people, people kill people...with guns.

That's not entirely accurate. There are quotes from all sorts of sources within esoterica that explicitly depict an inverted pentacle as being a symbol of evil, and even urge practitioners of ritual magic not to use it (thus also implying an aversion to left hand path systems of ritual magic). These aren't Christian sources, either.

-"A reversed pentagram, with two points projecting upwards, is a symbol of evil and attracts sinister forces because it overturns the proper order of things and demonstrates the triumph of matter over spirit. It is the goat of lust attacking the heavens with its horns, a sign execrated by initiates."

-"The flaming star, which, when turned upside down, is the hierolgyphic [sic] sign of the goat of Black Magic, whose head may be drawn in the star, the two horns at the top, the ears to the right and left, the beard at the bottom. It is the sign of antagonism and fatality. It is the goat of lust attacking the heavens with its horns."

-"Let us keep the figure of the Five-pointed Star always upright, with the topmost triangle pointing to heaven, for it is the seat of wisdom, and if the figure is reversed, perversion and evil will be the result."

Those are quotes from Eliphas Levi. There are other similar quotes from many other practitioners of ritual magic (Macgregor Mathers, Israel Regardie, etc etc), so it's not some kind of Christian conspiracy. Your argument doesn't hold water since the symbol is regarded by occultists as attracting positive energies in its upright position, and negative energies in it's inverted position. You can't say the intentions behind the practitioner give the symbol it's meaning since the symbol (upright or inverted) presupposes the occultists intent.
edit on 1-8-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

p
the pentagon is also related to an pentagram ....source of evil?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
really.... who ever told us the pentagram is a sign of the devil...ore satan
israel has an pentagram in his flag
for me its the sign of the 5 dimensions
the circel around it is me ore you ore reasambles the funnel to drive to
oure pre ancesters gave us an message that is an threat for those who will knichting us

the swastika is in india an Lucky sigh....do not forgett that Germany was once granted with the highist knowlidge
wich they mis-used it and got punised for it
edit on 1-8-2013 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

It has to do with efficiency of reloading the launchers and the vehicles used to do so.
Here's another configuration

Mayby you are right, but If reload times were that much of an issue, one would assume they would have taken reload times into consideration when deciding the layout of the site itself.

Also, it's not like the individual missile trucks would carry quantities that would warrant shuttling between the launchers.

Isn't it just as likely that the Russian sites is lain out to resemble the symbol of the Communist Party - the five-pointed star? And that the six-pointed American sites .. well, besides the obvious masonic link (but let's not go there) it also has for thousands of years been a symbol of military might and great weapons and "is still today a required "proved" mark on all United States military swords".

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DupontDeux

And that the six-pointed American sites

That is a mockup of a Soviet installation. It is for training purposes.
But neither is used exclusively. It depends on the missile system used, the type of radar and stuff.
www.ausairpower.net...

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

reply to post by abdel

It has to do with efficiency of reloading the launchers and the vehicles used to do so.
Here's another configuration

edit on 8/1/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I honestly doubt that is why they did it, 6 circles 7th in the middle in a pentagram.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

The six circles are surrounding the launchers (a circle so vehicles don't have to back up). Guidance radar in the center but it's not much a of a circle.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

The six circles are surrounding the launchers (a circle so vehicles don't have to back up). Guidance radar in the center but it's not much a of a circle.

Still think the design was significant to them beyond the ease of use. can't prove it of course.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Well it sure does makes it easy to drive around the area. No really sharp turns to make. No reversing.
But maybe that was just a bonus.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Just a note and observation here but as one of ATS's Wiccan members, I must ask a question. Why do folks always take the 5 points within the closed circle to be evil or Satanic? Without a point of reference for the true intended 'up'? It's not even a Pentagram. It could just as easily be a Pentacle. It's all in perspective and frame of reference I guess.

In reality, I know Phage is right. I was playing with these set ups in video games 15 years ago. Heck, I still build game setups in that general configuration because it's a default for mutual support and overlapping fields of fire in all directions, without having to think too hard for anyone in actually setting it up. Game wise? Well, they're tough to beat. If that was real life performance, it makes real solid sense.

Back to the shape tho... Think positive. Just as a frown is a smile turned upside down? A nasty old Pentagram is nothing but....

A Pentacle someone is simply looking at backwards.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Did you bother reading my reply?

It's not an in depth treatise on the pentacle by any means but there is "occult science" behind it, for what it's worth.

The most basic principle is that a pentacle with the point facing upwards is representative of spirit reigning over matter. The top most point represents spirit (or will) reigning over the 4 elements of matter. In it's inverted position, matter (or the 4 elements) reign over spirit (will), representing unchecked passions, lust, etc (passion ruling over reason).

There are entire books written on the subject and while not everyone agree's that there is such a thing as "white magic", there is an almost unanimous conclusion that an inverted pentacle is a symbol of evil. Perhaps "the book of shadows" looks cool on your shelf, but there is a wealth of other material out there on the subject.

ETA: Point of reference for up = North. Cardinal directions are a big deal in ritual magic.
edit on 2-8-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I read the OP, I skimmed your reply and didn't figure I was required to reply to it.

Given that symbol is and has been a symbol within my Religious Faith for roughly 20 years now? I'm intimately familiar with it. Far more so than a Christian with their cross as it happens, as that is merely a symbol and nothing more. (No offense to Christians. A comparison..kinda..would be Holy Water in the Catholic Church. That's more than purely symbolic..)

Thanks for the additional info though. I'm sure folks here will find it interesting.

In terms of what not everyone agrees exists? How would you figure Evil and Black Magick exist if not White as well or even as an outgrowth from it, if someone wants to look at it that way? I'll remove the suspense and wonder though. It does. That IS my Faith in large part and summary and again, for my entire adult life. It's a good place to be, spiritually. My question wasn't "How can anyone see the Pentagram as Evil". A child, quite literally as it seems to be, recognizes that symbol as negative. I simply asked why any 5 pointed star within the closed circle is assumed, almost universally, as evil? It symbolizes a number of things..that was my only point. Nothing to open a 'side thread' on.

edit on 2-8-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I read the OP, I skimmed your reply and didn't figure I was required to reply to it.

Given that symbol is and has been a symbol within my Religious Faith for roughly 20 years now? I'm intimately familiar with it. Far more so than a Christian with their cross as it happens, as that is merely a symbol and nothing more. (No offense to Christians. A comparison..kinda..would be Holy Water in the Catholic Church. That's more than purely symbolic..)

Thanks for the additional info though. I'm sure folks here will find it interesting.

In terms of what not everyone agrees exists? How would you figure Evil and Black Magick exist if not White as well or even as an outgrowth from it, if someone wants to look at it that way? I'll remove the suspense and wonder though. It does. That IS my Faith in large part and summary and again, for my entire adult life. It's a good place to be, spiritually. My question wasn't "How can anyone see the Pentagram as Evil". A child, quite literally as it seems to be, recognizes that symbol as negative. I simply asked why any 5 pointed star within the closed circle is assumed, almost universally, as evil? It symbolizes a number of things..that was my only point. Nothing to open a 'side thread' on.

edit on 2-8-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Lets skip the shenanigans, shall we? Is the inverted pentacle a symbol of darkness or isn't it? Is what I have reported about the nature of the pentacle (both upright and inverted) generally within the consensus of the occult community or is it erroneous? If I am within error, please let me know how instead of straying off topic. What I am pointing out has nothing to do with the circle around it (which we can discuss if you like) nor do your neo-pagan philosophies.

Are you willing to approach the subject of the inverted pentagram with honesty, or should we just derail the entire thread?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
For the record, I don't believe Phage's usually impeccable logic is sufficient to debunk what we are seeing here. Acute right angles are not conducive to maneuvering missile trucks.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Noticed some debate about why there weren't any roads leading to the pentagram site from the OP.
Well, there are. They do seem very corroded but they are no less visible then the ones in the pentagram when you zoom in. The pentagram has just been highlighted by Google maps and the roads inside the pentagram are about twice as wide.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

The reversed pentagram is not exclusively considered a symbol of evil. Different cultures, different meanings. It is referenced in Revelation with no association to evil nor Lucifer. Within traditional forms of Wicca a pentagram (no circle) with two points up is associated with the Second Degree Initiation and in this way differs from the encircled pentacle inverted of Satanism. It is a considered a symbol of male energy and a symbol of hunt.

And in regards to your quotes from weird, old, magic guys who really didn't know squat about what they were talking about:

Aleister Crowley also made use of the pentagram and in his Thelemic system of magic: an adverse or inverted pentagram represents the descent of spirit into matter. Crowley contradicted his old comrades in the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, who, following Levi, considered this orientation of the symbol evil and associated it with the triumph of matter over spirit.

So seems they also disagreed on this matter.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mads1987

The reversed pentagram is not exclusively considered a symbol of evil. Different cultures, different meanings. It is referenced in Revelation with no association to evil nor Lucifer. Within traditional forms of Wicca a pentagram (no circle) with two points up is associated with the Second Degree Initiation and in this way differs from the encircled pentacle inverted of Satanism. It is a considered a symbol of male energy and a symbol of hunt.

And in regards to your quotes from weird, old, magic guys who really didn't know squat about what they were talking about:

Aleister Crowley also made use of the pentagram and in his Thelemic system of magic: an adverse or inverted pentagram represents the descent of spirit into matter. Crowley contradicted his old comrades in the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, who, following Levi, considered this orientation of the symbol evil and associated it with the triumph of matter over spirit.

So seems they also disagreed on this matter.

Sources for your arguments, please. Crowley doesn't exactly make a good source as he is full of # on a number of levels. He also spoke about picking prime subjects for child human sacrifice (either in jest or for actual ritual purposes, I'll let you be the judge).

If you are being intellectually honest, even Thelemic systems admonish the uses of upright vs. inverted pentagrams, and use them for different operations depending on what they are after. The moral relativism of Thelema does not detract at all from the occult implications of an inverted pentagram no matter how much you want it to. Even Crowley admits what he is up to in many of his writings.

I also find it interesting how you reference "weird, old, magic guys who really didn't know squat about what they were talking about", while using crowley as a source for your arguments. I suppose hundreds of years of ritual magic and practice = weird old magic guys who pale in comparison to your understanding of the occult arts?

It's either occult science or it isn't. Coincidentally, what's funny about occult science is that it excludes wiccans categorically. You wouldn't happen to be one, would you?
edit on 2-8-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Pythagorean description of :

The pentagram and hexagram were both used for protection in ancient Greece (V cent. BCE). In Babylon, five-, six- and seven-rayed stars were all used. The pentagram appears in the earliest writing of Mesopotamia (precuneiform pictographic writing), c. 3000 BCE, as the Sumerian sign UB. Its meaning in the cuneiform period (by 2600 BCE) seems to be a Heavenly Quarter and also the four directions (forward, backward, left, right); the fifth direction was "above." The four directions corresponded to the planets Jupiter, Mercury, Mars and Saturn, with Venus the Queen of Heaven (Schekina) above. These are the "Smaller Planets" (omitting Sun and Moon). Ishtar (Venus) was represented by the Eight-rayed Star (Elam). See De Vogel (App. A) and Black & Green (s.v. Star).

web.eecs.utk.edu...

But, in this case, Phage is right…. it's just the best method of laying out a missile battery.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Pythagorean description of :

The pentagram and hexagram were both used for protection in ancient Greece (V cent. BCE). In Babylon, five-, six- and seven-rayed stars were all used. The pentagram appears in the earliest writing of Mesopotamia (precuneiform pictographic writing), c. 3000 BCE, as the Sumerian sign UB. Its meaning in the cuneiform period (by 2600 BCE) seems to be a Heavenly Quarter and also the four directions (forward, backward, left, right); the fifth direction was "above." The four directions corresponded to the planets Jupiter, Mercury, Mars and Saturn, with Venus the Queen of Heaven (Schekina) above. These are the "Smaller Planets" (omitting Sun and Moon). Ishtar (Venus) was represented by the Eight-rayed Star (Elam). See De Vogel (App. A) and Black & Green (s.v. Star).

web.eecs.utk.edu...

But, in this case, Phage is right…. it's just the best method of laying out a missile battery.

It really isn't.

Phage's entire premise is based on the ability of the battery to be rearmed via trucks. A pentagram with right angles in not conducive to a truck. His picture of a missile battery in the loose shape of a 6 pointed star (with concentric circles on the inside) makes sense. a pentagram does not, nor does it explain the lack of any imprints on the inside of the shape where there should be a clear space for the radar if his theory is correct.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join