It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Jesus was Caesar': New book by Philosopher and Linguist Francesco Carotta

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Try looking for it instead of being lazy. Have you read the op source. I'm just someone who had a quick investigation and saw the truth in it. Theres plenty of other sources but i suspect you have already made your mind up. Its a fairy story based get over it like i did

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by spannera
Try looking for it instead of being lazy.

Try looking for what? The "Roman Piso" book? I've read it, it's a load of bollocks. Read it here. Or save yourself the time and read the debunking of it here.

As for the book of the OP, no, I'm not going to waste money on something I know is ridiculously wrong, and I don't know why anyone would, unless they believed anything that was anti-Christian was true, simply because it was anti-Christian.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Of course some of its wrong with such an abstract idea. It's a puzzle and evidence has been destoyed it requires instincts and coomon sense. For instance the sun of man walks on water. Yes of course the sun walks on water but not at night time a its the moons turn. The Pisos were Syrians they were very familar with such concepts as held by the Essenes etc. They were very educated people. I am not knocking Christian Philosophy just the so called historical narrative.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by spannera

i dont blame u.
Thomas was there and they all told Him,,,"hey wake up,,it's true",,but u know Thomas,,,lil slow on the uptake,, if u get my drift,,,lol,
but he did so luv him,, that,,,well,, we all know the rest.

So ya its 2000 years ltr.,,no problem.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
For those interested their are large portions of the book online. You are, of course, directed to the printed edition for additional information
carotta website

Personally I do find it plausible that portions of Caesar's life could have been used along with the many other prior deities. The coincidences in the article shouldn't be dismissed so easily. What better way to bring in the Roman pagans than to identify Jesus (whoever he really was) with one of their own.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by slowisfast
Didn't you hear the good news?
Jesus is God in the flesh, and he's alive.

No dude. I think your confused. That was Elvis, not Jesus.....Elvis......

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by HUMBLEONE

Originally posted by slowisfast
Didn't you hear the good news?
Jesus is God in the flesh, and he's alive.

No dude. I think your confused. That was Elvis, not Jesus.....Elvis......

Elvis momma would slap u silly,,for saying what u said,,,Mercy,,Jerry Lee,,,

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by spannera
Of course some of its wrong with such an abstract idea. It's a puzzle and evidence has been destoyed it requires instincts and coomon sense. For instance the sun of man walks on water. Yes of course the sun walks on water but not at night time a its the moons turn.

Um, once again, you do know that the Bible wasn't written in English, right? Sun = Son might seem clever, until you realize that the words for Sun and Son in Latin (sol and filium) and Hebrew (shemesh and ben) have nothing to do with each other.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

the medium may very well be the message,,but perspective is everything.

me.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

'Jesus was Caesar'

Sure, why not.

The antichrist is Obama, too...

Well, at least here and now, we have a better vantage point from which to fish out this stuff, lol.

I'm sorry... I just offended the entire political left, the NAACP, the DNC, the Catholic Church, and the guy in the White House.

Of course, calling Jesus Christ, Julius Caesar had it's own pitfalls as well...

No problemo. If we don't worry about offending one huge sector of our species, no sense in fretting about the next.

Nothing like equal opportunity...

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Motive?
And they brought it. And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? And they said unto him, Caesar's. 17 And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Son and Sun bibles mainly used greek

he Greek masculine theonym Ἥλιος (Helios) is derived from the noun ἥλιος, "Sun" in ancient Greek. The ancient Greek word derives from Proto-Indo-European *sóh₂wl̥. Cognate with Latin sol, Sanskrit surya, Old English swegl (sky-heavens) Germanic sunna, Welsh haul, etc.[2] The female offspring of Helios were called Heliades.
Greek mythology[edit]

The best known story involving Helios is that of his son Phaëton, who attempted to drive his father's chariot but lost control and set the earth on fire.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
I have never heard of this concept before and ATS threads in the past have only mentioned Jesus as the son of Caesar.

The book is written by Francesco Carotta wikipedia

Francesco Carotta (b. 1946 in Veneto, Italy)[1] is an independent Italian ancient historian and religious historian. He is mainly known for his theory that statesman Gaius Julius Caesar was the historical Jesus, that the Gospel is a rewriting of Roman historical sources, and that Christianity developed from the cult of the deified Caesar. Carotta's work is generally ignored in academic circles.[2]

Of course he is rejected by 'academics' which doesn't impress me much. However, I have yet to do research in this area. Hoping you guys will help me out.

I have read of Jesus being royal, as in part of Herod's family, of him being of celtic origin and even the son of a roman soldier, and that the gospesl were written by a roman family, but this is entirely new to me.

Just a few of the claims in this article pr newswire Please go to the link for more.

- Both Caesar and Jesus start their rising careers in neighboring states in the north: Gallia and Galilee. - Both have to cross a fateful river: the Rubicon and the Jordan.

Once across the rivers, they both come across a patron/rival: Pompeius and John the Baptist, and their first followers: Antonius and Curio on the one hand and Peter and Andrew on the other.

- Both are continually on the move, finally arriving at the capital, Rome and Jerusalem, where they at first triumph, yet subsequently undergo their passion.

- Both have good relationships with women and have a special relationship with one particular woman, Caesar with Cleopatra and Jesus with Magdalene.

- Both have encounters at night, Caesar with Nicomedes of Bithynia, Jesus with Nicodemus of Bethany.

www.caesarsmessiah.com

you might also like to check out the 'all roads lead to rome' epic ATS thread.

if they can fake a religion and fool billions of followers worldwide, you have to ask
yourself what else are they capable of faking (ahem...9/11...ahem).

continue, please.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

i am not a linguist far from it but a quick search brought this up.
Transliteration-Translation- homophone Sun Son
Around the time of Jesus, the title divi filius (son of the divine one) was specially, but not exclusively, associated with EmperorAugustus (as adopted son of Julius Caesar).
Sol Invictus the faith of Constantine the father of Christianity?
December 25 was also considered to be the date of the winter solstice, which the Romans called bruma.[3] It was therefore the day the Sun proved itself to be "unconquered" despite the shortening of daylight hours. (When Julius Caesar introduced the Julian Calendar in 45 BC, December 25 was approximately the date of the solstice. In modern times, the solstice falls on December 21 or 22.) Yet again Christ Mas.
SUNDAYtranslation of the Ancient Greek heméra helíou
The Modern Greek word for Sunday, Κυριακή, derives from Κύριος (Lord) also, due to its liturgical significance as the day commemorating the resurrection of Jesus Christ, i.e.The Lord's Day or as i call it Sunday.

Whatever language everyone knows Sunday is Gods day, Christ according to the doctrine of the trinity is one with god and is god. He is worshiped on Sunday and he is the Lord son of God

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
An example of how its possible to have the same story told twice

An example of how it’s done
The Caeser Emperor had a very important title .. Which was "Pontifax Maximus"
Litterly means "Highest of all Priests" ie Pope

Constantine claimed to have had a vision which instructed him fight under the protection of the Christian God. In this vision a cross appeared in the sky and he heard in Latin, "in this sign, you will conquer."
The author Lactantius states that following the vision's instructions, Constantine ordered his men to paint the Christians' symbol (either a Latin cross or the Labarum) upon their shields.
Constantine, the Establisher of Christianity was a Caesar and followed Sol Invictus

The Eagle featured on the Holy Roman Empire flag is a "Symbol of Zeus", also featured on the Dollar bill ect. Zeus = Divus Iulius
Quote:
Anacreon, Fragment 505d (from Fulgentius, Mythologies) (trans. Campbell, Vol. Greek Lyric II) (Greek lyric C6th B.C.) :"According to Anakreon . . . when Zeus was beginning warfare against the Titani, ie the sons of Titan, brother of Kronos (Saturn), and had sacrificed to Ouranos (Heaven), he saw an eagle fly nearby as a favourable omen for victory. In return for this happy omen, and particularly because it was indeed followed by victory, he put a golden eagle on his war standards and dedicated it as a protection for his valour."

Then a library gets burnt in Alexandria reputedly by Julius Caesar the first time then a second time by the christians. Co-incidences abound lol

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by spannera

Then a library gets burnt in Alexandria reputedly by Julius Caesar the first time then a second time by the christians. Co-incidences abound lol
The very simple act of burning such a library as this had changed the world forever. What secrets would not be secrets if it had not been lost.

I wonder at who's direction it was really destroyed. Was it another "Vision" from some nightly visitors?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Just watched the project camelot interviiew where an ex lawyer from the World Bank states that most of the US tax revenue goes to vatican bank controlled by the jesuits on behalf of the cabal . Nothing has changed in 2000 years.
Source:www.youtube.com...

Wise up people ;

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Co-incidence

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus was a statesman of ancient Rome and the father-in-law of Julius Caesar through his daughter Calpurnia Pisonis.

.Lucius derives from latin word Lux (gen. lucis), meaning "light" (

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

Actually ROME under Juli Ceasr. thought that all wisdom should flow from Rome. As that was where the god of Rome,,sat.on his throne.
Cant have savages,,looking smarter than a roman now could we?

ya burn the books.ohh but send the good stuff to Rome first.
edit on 2-8-2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Hears a good one: luke a doctor no less when he wasn't writting the Gospel

From the Latin meaning "light" he motivates others by gentle persuasion a natural born leader.

And no doubt the Lucis trust uses gentle persuasion with the UN
The Lucis Trust is a nonprofit service organization incorporated in the United States in 1922 by Alice Bailey and her husband Foster Bailey, to act as a fiduciary trust for the publishing of twenty-four books of esoteric philosophy published under Alice Bailey's name, and to fund and administer activities concerned with the establishment of "right human relations". These include the Arcane School, a school for esoteric training, World Goodwill, Triangles, a lending library, The Beacon magazine, as well as the publishing company.
Founded as the Lucifer Publishing Company in the early 1920s, the name was changed in 1925 to the Lucis Publishing Company. In Latin lucem ferre translates to "to bear light" and lucis means of light. The Lucis Trust has always maintained the same name.[1] It has headquarters in New York City, London, and Geneva.
The objectives of the Lucis Trust as stated in its charter are: "To encourage the study of comparative religion, philosophy, science and art; to encourage every line of thought tending to the broadening of human sympathies and interests, and the expansion of ethical religious and educational literature; to assist or to engage in activities for the relief of suffering and for human betterment; and, in general, to further worthy efforts for humanitarian and educational ends."
The World Goodwill group, founded in 1932, has been recognized by the United Nations as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), and is represented during regular briefing sessions for NGOs at the United Nations. The Lucis Trust has consultative status (roster level) with the United Nations Economic and Social Council.[2]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join