It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Officials Violated Secret Fed Court Orders - Temp Restrictions Imposed- Top Secret Docs Released

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Ok now we are getting somewhere. How many of us said that these programs would be abused? Since we are not privy to what is and what isn't allowed, there is no way for us to know what the violations were. But it says that this was mentioned in the documents released this Wednesday

Did the restrictions happen some time ago and are already removed, or are they still in place? This part confuses me a bit. I included the documents for those of us who wish to look through them and see if we can find information that may pertain to the violations. Happy hunting!

National Security Agency officials violated secret federal court orders authorizing the daily collection of domestic email and telephone data from hundreds of millions of Americans, according to previously top-secret documents made public Wednesday by the Obama administration.

A spokesman for Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., told McClatchy that Wyden, who is also a member of the Intelligence Committee, was referring to the violations in an interview he gave Tuesday to MSNBC. An outspoken critic of the NSA programs, Wyden said that the breaches involving telephone call data were “serious.”

The documents didn’t disclose specific details of the violations. But they said that the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court imposed temporary restrictions on the programs after it learned of the violations until it was satisfied the NSA had revamped its procedures to conform to court requirements

Documents show NSA violated court orders on collection of phone records

______________________________________________________________________________________
3 previously top secret PDF documents released by Clapper of the NSA .
______________________________________________________________________________________

1. Cover Letter and 2009 Report on the National Security Agency’s Bulk Collection Program for USA PATRIOT Act Reauthorization

2. Cover Letters and 2011 Report on the National Security Agency’s Bulk Collection Program for USA PATRIOT Act Reauthorization

3. Primary Order for Business Records Collection Under Section 215 of the USA PATRIOT Act

edit on 1-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Great! Now tell me again how the court enforces sanctions on gigantic out-of-control super-powerful spy agencies?

Not that I take a cynical view of such things--god forfend! It's just that I can't seem to get past the niggling detail that the FISC obviously doesn't give a **** what the NSA does--until it results in bad publicity....

ETA: If the NSA is already collecting ALL of everybody's data--and after the sanctions are over they're again collecting ALL of everybody's data . . . what exactly is their punishment?
edit on 8/1/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

The courts aren't a sidebar feature to the Government, and so the answer is simply anything they choose to. If the NSA doesn't like it, they can go jump off a cliff and sing all the way down. Especially with rumors of pressure on Judges by NSA originated information in the past? I think the courts are about the last people they should expect mercy or even decent treatment from at this point.

It could also be that a good number of Judges have never liked this secrecy stuff or how the FISA court has come to be a swiss army lock pick to get through any locked door of law of ethical objection.

Obama takes the court as a joke too....to his doom and peril. He's lost some big things by the court and he'll keep losing if he and his people keep looking down on them like they are just halfway important. lol..... If the court found itself in the right or wrong position, depending on perspective, they could order Obama's arrest and incarceration in his own worthless prison cells. The more some of the Government takes the courts lightly, the more I sit back with a smile and a snack to watch the show that almost always follows.

edit on 1-8-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I predict the NSA will conform to court requirements by having the court change it's requirements.

It's worked so far.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Pretty much my thoughts. Secret courts, no matter how independently thinking they may regard themselves, are still secret courts. Who answers to whom, and how do we know? This entire business is black as the heart of Satan. You can't tell me that they can't stop terrorists with something less than a full-on dragnet of innocent bystanders.

Anyway, these judges are Supreme Court appointees--so you sure as hell can't expect them to treat us any better than the kind of dirt the Supremes have been doing to us the last few years.

I'm not buying....

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

The NSA undoubtedly has some damning evidence on all the judges on the FISC court.

Funny how people will sell their soul to preserve their reputation.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Bloody hell Elouina--we are so screwed. What do we do to bring back any form of sanity?

Feeling hopeless.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Bloody hell Elouina--we are so screwed. What do we do to bring back any form of sanity?

Feeling hopeless.

We all knew this was inevitable. Thus why they should have never even had the opportunity to be remotely tempted. The NSA domestic surveillance program must go in entirety.

For all we know the surveillance on Americans may have never been approved by the FISA court in the first place. I have mentioned this numerous times, but there was an 86 page finding of the FISA court that the NSA domestic surveillance program was unconstitutional.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

They have the power and the control. How do we wrest it back?

We simply must stand up for our rights at this moment. Look how few are even reading this thread, much less aware. What an absolute cluster ____.
edit on 1-8-2013 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

I added a few sentences to my above post. Take a look. I wonder if this was never approved in the first place. I will go look for the thread I did here at ATS on this. This revelation may be bigger than we realized.

Ok here is my thread: It was the FISA court that found this unconstitutional. But Obama's Justice Department fought the release of this finding let alone the 86 page report. I post a lot of things here, but I never forget something this big!

Justice Department Fights Release of Secret Court Opinion Finding Unconstitutional Surveillance[

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Wow, I missed that. This is so intricate and I wish I had time to keep up. I'm way more informed than your average idiot, and I'm out of the loop apparently.

Please keep us informed in this thread and link other relevant threads. I'll try to keep up.

Thank you for your diligence to the incredibly important details involved in this issue.

We are truly at a pivotal point right here.

How many of you reading realize this?

If you are here, and you get it, please check in, thanks.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Besides the half brain dead in the US who don't pay attention to anything except "american idol" dancing with dimwits and professional sports - I won't even mention what passes as music these days -

Those washington idiots are stealing our tax money and funding alqueda (CIA) in the middle east to get us into ANOTHER worthless war -

Obama, Mccain, Hillary, Christie - my god! There are all the same!

Obama care is going to bankrupt the country and leave us with no medical care!

Liars, theives, murderers - ALL OF THEM!

Who couldn't see this coming?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Here is where I am at this point with all of this crap. There were many people talking about this crap a decade ago. The wars, the spying, the torture, Abu Gharaib, Guantanamo and all the other bs.

They have spent a decade building an infrastructure through the all the friggin alphabet agencies and everyone cheered them on. Or was complaining about Hillary or Obama, or Bush, or what the ef ever. Seriously, I blame all Americans and I am pissed off.

There were a million people in the streets in the beginning of 2003 protesting against the war. Who frickin heard about it..??? No one. Those voices were silenced.

There have been a lot of sane voices through out this whole take over but there are people that allowed themselves to be drug down into a street fight about flucking Benghazi or some other meaningless bullcrap.

I am so angry and I blame YOU!!!

This has been going on for almost 13 years. Where have you been. Did you just show up and all of a sudden you are on some birther campaign. Shame, shame shame.

You fight these stupid little battles that mean squat while the war is being won. You embarrass me, they are laughing hysterically at you.

Petty, simple minded.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

The Justice department is still fighting over the release of the finding of the FISA court. Even the FISA court feels that this finding should be unclassified. It is the Obama admin's justice department that is up to no good. Why do you all think I have been all "he((" bent over exposing this administration? I really do believe that this is all inter related. Both my old article and this...

Here is my thread where I updated the fight by the Justice Dept. to block the FISA finding. I need to look for further updates on this. I truly have been following this.

FISA court, the top secret court, has ruled that the FISC rules allow disclosure of the opinion of the 86 page finding. Now this is just part of the battle and concerns FISA only, but a victory none the less. Next this has to go to the district court and the Justice Department will fight this tooth and nail. I will keep you all updated after the next step is complete

Justice Dept. Loses a Round in Battle to Keep Surveillance Wrongdoing Secre

Perhaps I am wrong, but I repeat, it is my opinion that the NSA domestic surveillance was never approved by the FISA court.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Are we going to find out Justice Roberts - who apparantly appointed all of the "double top secret" FISA court judges - was blackmailed in to OK'ing obomacare because he bought his children from south america?

Will we eventually hear the truth about Holder's involvement in Fast and Furious?

Will we hear about the US giving weapons to alqueda in Libya, and then trying to get them back - ending up with 4 dead in Benghazi?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by elouina

They have the power and the control. How do we wrest it back?

We simply must stand up for our rights at this moment. Look how few are even reading this thread, much less aware. What an absolute cluster ____.
edit on 1-8-2013 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

I do believe it is being wrested back right now. This issue is not going away, it is getting bigger by the day. The cat is all the way out of the bag now and has the rat by the neck. Change is gonna happen.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

There is no difference between Bush and Obama - they all have lead up to this point. Some believe get it now because of the internet, and some curiousity into what is really going on in the world and our country.

Benghazi, Fast and Furious, are all tied into the fake War on Drugs, War on Poverty, and War on Terrorism - that keeps the tax money flowing......

The fake War on Drugs keeps the black ops going with all the money the CIA makes on it - which keeps the US in god awful forsaken places like afghanistan - where all they do is grow poppies ( and kill people).

This is all connected - and like I said - there is no difference between the dems and the repubs.

It's sickening.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I thought his kids came from Ireland. They are awfully blonde and light skinned. And the subject was broached during his confirmation hearings and was deemed "untouchable". Everyone heard about his adoptive children.

You read to many chain emails.
[SNIP]

edit on 1-8-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2013 by Gemwolf because: Mod Edit: Removed insults

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

Perhaps I am wrong, but I repeat, it is my opinion that the NSA domestic surveillance was never approved by the FISA court.

If this is true it must be exposed, and in a monumental way. This fact should escape no one.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

Are we going to find out Justice Roberts - who apparantly appointed all of the "double top secret" FISA court judges - was blackmailed in to OK'ing obomacare because he bought his children from south america?

Will we eventually hear the truth about Holder's involvement in Fast and Furious?

Will we hear about the US giving weapons to alqueda in Libya, and then trying to get them back - ending up with 4 dead in Benghazi?

I want the truth. Who doesn't want the truth?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join