It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Braddley Manning Trial implications for the case against Julian Assange

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
So now that we have the verdict on the charges against Bradley Manning, we can start to discuss the US governments next steps in its attempt to charge Julian Assange with something.

So the major news is that on the charge of ''aiding the enemy'', Bradley Manning has been found not guilty. My understanding of that particular charge is that it was an attempt to link Julian Assange to the case, like he was some kind of handler, and not just a reciever of information. Now that this charge has been dropped, the case against Assange has been massively weakened (even though many including myself would argue there was no real basis for the charge anyhow).

So how will the US spin it so that they can continue to appear to have a legitimate case for extradition of Assange? And will this have implications to his current situation holed up in the Ecuadorean embassy?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

So how will the US spin it so that they can continue to appear to have a legitimate case for extradition of Assange?

I dont think the US has been able to charge him with anything. Hes wanted in Sweden for a so called "rape" charge but we all know thats just more US pressure..
The more they pursue this stuff like little kids, the more I grow ashamed of the country I used to admire.

new topics

join