It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Declare Detroit A Free City

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Hidden agendas, ie minimum wage out the window. Yes be trail blazers, abolish money and banking systems, and slavery. Suggest cooperation to get homes and food growing, yet private spaces and yards, and suggest volunteering to contribute talents to community with free education and upgrading. VENUS PROJECT. Even the Venus Project type idea could be heaven or hell depending on whether there is agenda behind it, or whether it would be natural progressed yet free system with grass roots educated management, The People!!!! and flexiblity, ie individual rights preserved.

But the other, say no to slavery.
edit on 31-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
So, I guess the main negative is workers rights?? Injuries on the job, etc. If this were to actually happen, everyone would need to be involved in the beginning with there expertise. Whether your a Nurse, Doctor, Employer, Employee, Firefighter, Officer, etc. Of course Federal funding would not happen because your a Free State. So, you would need your own money and base that money on something tangible. You would need laws that forbid such things as not helping a fellow Free Detroit Citizen in the time of need.

In today's day and age something like this is too far fetched. What needs to happen in that City, amongst others, is get rid of the Politicians and Re create Government For the People not lifetime Jobs for People who dont care about its citizens.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
What an interesting experiment.

and to think that this forum generally disparages experimentation upon human beings!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Hidden agendas, ie minimum wage out the window. Yes be trail blazers, abolish money and banking systems, and slavery.

More likely "abolishing" the first 2 of those 3 will result in the 3rd.

Slavery and exploitation were the default for all of human history, and grew from and flourished in societies that didn't have the paraphernalia of "modern civilization".

You think it's bad for you now - just wait until there's no police, no money, you don't know where to go or how to pay for medical treatment (not just you don't have insurance, but you don't know where it is located or what they will accept as payment!!)

The first thing that people do when they get together for a "co-operative" enterprise is they establish rules....aka laws .... to govern their interactions!
edit on 31-7-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
RT -
Hell yea, i would move there just for that reason.

Bybots -
Sounds like a killer flick, we should write it up real quick before Kurt Russell dies.
Who should be the new Snake?
I don't know why, but i kinda want it to be Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

Its a real shame it will be probably be closer to the OCP in Robocop.
Though honestly, Robotic Cops would be Epic!
We got the future under control
edit on 31-7-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

How about Kurt gets the nod for the Colonel, and Brad does Snake?
He's plenty anti-wierdo enough after becoming Tyler Durdin #2...

BACK to topic, I'm all for small government, something slightly under
a .375 WinMag for everybody that can carry one; and a .40 with three
magazines of those holler pills for anything smaller than a Kodiak bear.
Chaos would last about 48 hours and Darwin would win big. Then should
the rebuilding advance unabated and quickly.
I still look up to Kennesaw Georgia for having the right idea-- everybody
able to MUST open carry. I hear folks mind their manner there...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Very interesting, possible consideration but it seems likely a big challenge.

On a more positive note, I've heard of the Detroit citizen's gardens.
Survive and Thrive TV - Sustainable Urban Farming & Organic Gardening...

Documentary from 2011

Instead of complete decay and anarchy, small communities are coming together and finding a way to survive and thrive. One of the most notable ways they are doing this is with local food production since 85% of the population does have access to large scale grocery stores. To people are filling the void with their own local food production.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I thought that Detroit was shut down so that Hollywood would have a very cost effective way of delivering an ongoing saga of Zombie flicks for the masses.

Well if not they can always change it into a large metropolitan sized paintball arena. Only sometimes instead of paintballs you can dodge live ammunition.

It would be a perfect little place for FEMA or DHS to practice their nefarious deeds.

But heres to looking up!

edit on 1-8-2013 by txinfidel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Sounds like a good place to recruit labour for free...no police/justice system so all you need to do is keep them chained at the factory floor and feed em enough to live and shoot them when they're of no further use to their owners

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel
I thought that Detroit was shut down so that Hollywood would have a very cost effective way of delivering an ongoing saga of Zombie flicks for the masses.

Nope Hollywood set up their studios here a few years back, took hundreds of millions in freebees and tax breaks then bailed, after the state said no more free rides.

Although they do shoot movies here and there. The new Transformers is currently being shot Downtown.

Well if not they can always change it into a large metropolitan sized paintball arena. Only sometimes instead of paintballs you can dodge live ammunition.

I can see it now, as a native Detroiter meets a guy with a paintball gun. "That's not a gun, this is a gun."

It would be a perfect little place for FEMA or DHS to practice their nefarious deeds.

FEMA and the DHS don't have the nuggets to venture into some areas of our city.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Absolutely insane.

All that would do is force people into economic slavery. All city functions privatized?

Are you kidding me?

Privatized fire and police departments? (Pay us or your hose will burn to the ground) or (Pay us and we might find your relatives killer)

Can anyone say extortion?

Especially with no minimum wage? You would have companies paying people a penny a day if they paid that.

No regulations whatsoever? People will die because of contractors cutting every corner.

It would be a worse hellhole than it already is.

My idea? Sell it to Windsor as a landfill.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

This all part of the "Great Plan" set in motion hundreds of years ago ...

For the first time in its history, Western Civilization is in danger of being destroyed internally by a corrupt, criminal ruling cabal which is centered around the Rockefeller interests, which include elements from the Morgan, Brown, Rothschild, Du Pont, Harriman, Kuhn-Loeb, and other groupings as well. This junta took control of the political, financial, and cultural life of America in the first two decades of the twentieth century.

We did not heed the warnings of our forefathers and we have turned into a society of greedy, ugly, selfish people. Conditioned through the decades by TV and radio, we have forgotten our past.

“I sincerely believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people to whom it properly belongs.”
-- Thomas Jefferson

“History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance.”
-- James Madison

“The inability of the colonists to get power to issue their own money permanently out of the hands of George III and the international bankers was the PRIME reason for the Revolutionary War.”
-- Benjamin Franklin

" I have two great enemies, the southern army in front of me, and the financial institutions in the rear. Of the two, the one in my rear is my greatest foe."
---- Abraham Lincoln

We have been conditioned to forget. We worry about money and only ourselves, years of planning coming to fruition and they have us so busy bickering at each other, no one even sees it ...

We are grateful to the Washington Post, the New York Times, Time magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected the promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world-government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the National auto-determination practiced in past centuries.

This present window of opportunity, during which a truly peaceful and interdependent world order might be built, will not be open for too long - We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order.

Everything is in place, after 500 years, to build a true 'new world' in the Western Hemisphere... And what happens if we don't pass NAFTA? I truly don't think that 'criminal' would be too strong a word for rejecting NAFTA.

"...conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure -- one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it."

David Rockefeller -

Now the game is set and we have those, unknowingly so, opening the doors to them. This is just the beginning.

We will rue the day.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This is the stuff Detroit can sell to pay off its debts.

Detroit for Sale

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join