It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Declare Detroit A Free City

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Declare Detroit A Free City

mises.org...

A free Detroit would have absolutely no labor and workplace regulations, including minimum wages, mandatory insurance, equal opportunity rules, occupational safety rules, etc. People would be allowed to work together cooperatively for whatever terms their marginal productivity of labor will secure.
End all red tape that thwarts business start-ups and hobbles their expansion, such as licensing, public health regulations and inspections, zoning restrictions, etc. Do not be concerned that people ma
(visit the link for the full news article)

Privatize all government services, such as garbage pickup, water and sewage services, and allow for unbridled competition in these and other areas, even fire protection. Sell off city property (who needs offices that are empty of government bureaucrats anyway?) and deed public housing to its current occupants, making them responsible for their own abodes. You may be surprised how responsible people can be with their own property. End public education and all its costs. Allow the people to get the kind of education that they desire, whatever that may be. Since half the current population of Detroit is functionally illiterate, what’s the risk?

Do you want a safe society? Then let people arm themselves without any licensing requirements. Since it takes Detroit police approximately an hour to answer a typical 911 call, this is simply a practical solution to the basic human right of self-defense. Above all end welfare. The destructive cycle of dependency is driving American cities to the financial and cultural wall.

personalliberty.com

edit on 31-7-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
So you all want change in the USA, well Guess What?!

Here we have a city ripe to start a new way of life, government, and more, But do people have the Guts??

This is creating a stir in the Detroit area.

A group of people are suggesting that Detroit could be a trailblazer for a new way of life and a new type of governmental structure.

What concerns me about a free type of system like this, is the fact that, it could have hidden agenda's attached to it.

Being an ATS veteran, I always search for the money trails and who is funding grass-roots movements, because if one digs deep enough many times they are funded by the elite.

I would appreciate ATS members input on this, because if something like this ever does take root, and is successful, then other cities might follow suit.

I will not give my exact thoughts on what type of agenda I think they have just yet, but will wait for everyone else input first.

From the Motor City.....over and out

RT

personalliberty.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

This is, in my opinion, both a potentially positive, and very dangerous territory to tread on. The idea of getting rid of the red tape is wonderful, but what of the worker?

When a person is injured in the course of thier duty, how would they gain recompense? Who will police the streets, but a government body?

How will workers be safe from exploitative practices, and how will the people retain control over the fundamental structure of these things, in the face of corperate interest in the event of its success?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

edit on 31-7-2013 by TrueBrit because: Double post, even though I only clicked once!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Two words "Dodge City"
Return of the wild west accept this time it's sniping.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
What an interesting experiment.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Two words "Dodge City"
Return of the wild west accept this time it's sniping.

All kidding aside Detroit is already like Dodge City. No Joke!

We are already at the bottom, it's just what upwardly direction is going to be chosen.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Declare Detroit A Free City,

I had my hopes up that they would turn it in to a giant prison compound so that Snake Plissken has someplace to escape from.

A man can dream, can't he?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
What an interesting experiment.

People want change in the USA and are sick of the current government structure, so here is a prime opportunity to try something different, without changing the whole system at once.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Oh good God you actually LIVE THERE.Get out fast no one is helping you people,

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7

Oh good God you actually LIVE THERE.Get out fast no one is helping you people,

Na I love chaos, when this area becomes tranquil and peaceful then I will move.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
RT -
Hell yea, i would move there just for that reason.

Bybots -
Sounds like a killer flick, we should write it up real quick before Kurt Russell dies.
Who should be the new Snake?
I don't know why, but i kinda want it to be Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

Its a real shame it will be probably be closer to the OCP in Robocop.
Though honestly, Robotic Cops would be Epic!
We got the future under control
edit on 31-7-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

You know what Realtruth?

You're alright!

I am very interested to see how all this will work out, but with folks like you in the place, I reckon with any luck the place will either end up just fine, or on fire, and thats great, because fine is ideal, and on fire is grand too, because everything looks better on fire!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Well, I guess they are going to turn down my offer to buy the entire city for $6.50 now

I was going to use it as an arena for my friends and I to reenact scenes from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. We already had the vehicles, weapons/ammunition, people to play certain characters, everything. We even hired suicidal people who were willing to be shot for maximum authenticity.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Housing is probably dirt cheap in Detroit, I might move there

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Reality check.

The FED runs the show people.
There is no way in hell the federal government will allow this.

You want to see fema camps? Just try to be a "free city". I keep saying it and ill say it again.

There is no way that the government will ever give up the power.

I know, it sucks and im sorry to kill the mood. But lets be real here.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
so, remove welfare...person has no money, no food, no home.
remove minimum wage...corporation can have a person work for a dollar a day (gotta eat) and buy up any and all competiton sites to ensure maximum slave herding.
Remove any governmental input so even if it turns out to be something even somolians would feel pity for, it cannot revert back.

Not saying thinking out of the box is a bad thing. Detroit definitely needs some creative solutions, but this seems not so much out of the box as being shoved in a bag of snakes.

I can think of a dozen or so things, but meh, whats the point. I am not the mayor or governor.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schillinger
Housing is probably dirt cheap in Detroit, I might move there

Actually you can get houses for back taxes and nice ones too.

Investors have already caught on and houses are going quick in some areas that are more stable.

But a non-family person, or person with intestinal fortitude could find themselves a real bargain and a new home.

If it winds up like Cleveland, or some of the other cities that have turned around they might be sitting on a small fortune when the tides turn.

Detroit will make a come back, to many people with big money are buying into all the vacant land and commercial real estate as we speak.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
so, remove welfare..

That's the problem if they did this one thing alone Detroit would be the 1967 riots all over again.

Many people in Detroit are living off of the system.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The problem with detroit was simple it failed to adjust to a manufacturing infrastructure that had become increasingly automated and needed less people. Detroit needed to downsize as jobs were shed which could have happened naturaly had it not been for social programs that made living there feasible when infact it was not.

The wealth of Detroit has been bled dry you can see whats left of it in the areas pawn shops.

Make it a free city watch it sky rocket into oblivion as with out regulation or social programs that require the revenue brought in by regulation the people who are left will flee almost over night. The hardworking entrepreneur types left that city long ago.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join