It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abuse of Toddlers and Tiaras

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I have noticed they try their best to make them look like actual dolls. Do you think it accurs to them at all that dolls are plastic? And on the whole the dolls face is just a face from some template, its not something to want to emulate.

What is better than loving a person for who they are. Why would they want to change them? I don't get it.

Children are not toys! And any mother can take this pathetic approach and suddenly want to dress her daughter up like a Barbie doll. But she's a grown woman. Cant she get a grip and get a real hobby and allow the toddler/child to develop as they wish?

What irks me is that they allow babies, to wear these huge eye lash's and toddlers. And you can see the parents faces when it comes to the competition they have a menacing look like " Youd better win". Its just all fake.
edit on 31-7-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

They aren't enforced probably because it may be costly. But really they just need a very good psychologist and I think they call them social workers or child professional carers to take a look, and say is this crossing the line or is it okay as it is, on a routine basis .I don't think they do. I am all for child's rights, as you can imagine.

I think people don't want to rock the boat and as someone said there is a subculture that does find entertainment in watching child stars. But they also are maybe not realising it but enjoying their exploitation.

We as a public must know when they have crossed that line I think.
Especially as it is an industry where they are working babies, toddlers, and children.

One wonders why the entertainment industry is allowed to get away with sooo much.

What did Corey Haims friends say? Do you have any links. Did he really commit suicide? So sad.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

I don't think there are any laws at all for them actually, when it comes to doing what they want to. Because they are still under their parents care. Its up to the parents what they put them up to.

But is this right?

No, it's not right for me or my child if I had one.

But unless they break the law. These parents have a right to raise their children how they want. Child abuse occurs too often in our society and women are sexually objectified practically their whole lives.

Is it right at any age? I suppose it depends on each persons own feelings. The situation and other factors. Some women like being objectified and some don't.

Some would say these young girls are getting an early start at learning how to be confident and competitive in today's society. Maybe these shows are really just a reflection of the problems with society.

I think there should be some kind of regulation. But it's all very subjective. Each area has there own type of humor and morals. You can't dress or act the same in a small Southern town as you would in Hollywood or New York City.

I'm sure if any parents or people running these pageants saw signs of abuse they would report it. There will always be some aspect of these pageants that just seems wrong. But there are much worse things that some children go through than having to get a 2 hour hair cut and make-up.

Children in other countries and this one are exposed to childhood neglect, malnutrition, extreme poverty and horrible living conditions, physical and sexual abuse. Some children are forced into labor. Working in sweat shops or other industries and exposed to dangerous jobs and harmful chemicals.

Do I feel sorry for some little rich kids being treated like spoiled princesses? Not really.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
reply to post by jcutler12888

They aren't enforced probably because it may be costly. But really they just need a very good psychologist and I think they call them social workers or child professional carers to take a look, and say is this crossing the line or is it okay as it is, on a routine basis .I don't think they do. I am all for child's rights, as you can imagine.

I think people don't want to rock the boat and as someone said there is a subculture that does find entertainment in watching child stars. But they also are maybe not realising it but enjoying their exploitation.

We as a public must know when they have crossed that line I think.
Especially as it is an industry where they are working babies, toddlers, and children.

One wonders why the entertainment industry is allowed to get away with sooo much.

What did Corey Haims friends say? Do you have any links. Did he really commit suicide? So sad.

Cost isn't a good enough excuse. Just a fraction of the amount of money generated by Hollywood would foot the bill on enforcing the laws. They aren't enforced because it just isn't important enough to some people and to others, they'd lose out on money and/or the opportunity to take advantage of children/teens.

Corey Haim died on March 10 2010 of pneumonia complicated by pulmonary edema caused by heart problems...the heart problems and immune system issues he had were a result of long term drug abuse/addiction that began in his childhood. He continually self medicated into his adult years as a result of being hooked on drugs as a child by adults and to cope with the trauma he endured as a child. I remember one person that spoke out about Corey Haim and Corey Feldman being abused openly on the Hollywood scene was the actress who was the mean little blond girl on Little House on the Prairie. I'll find a link...

Here: www.dailymail.co.uk...

In the article linked above, Alison Arngrim who played Nellie on Little House on the Prairie talks about what happened to the Coreys (Haim and Feldman) and says it was common knowledge that they were being drugged and abused in the 80's.

ETA: America allows the entertainment industry to get away with murder because all they care about is being entertained, they'd rather be entertained than be bothered to worry about child performers' welfare. Hollywood lets abuse happen because they can make millions in profits off of child performers and they don't trouble themselves with how the children are treated as long as the money keeps rolling in.
edit on 7/31/2013 by jcutler12888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicWand67

You can't dress or act the same in a small Southern town as you would in Hollywood or New York City.

I grew up in the South and currently live in the South, and I've spent lots of time in Hollywood and New York working and in the club scene. The South isn't as backwards or restrictive as people believe...you can dress just like anyone in LA or NY...whether it's extremely racy or wild or whatever, all types of fashion are allowed down here just like everywhere else. The South has become pretty wild, actually...small town or big city, there's a party scene everywhere you go in the South. I'd think that the type of fashions you're referring to would be less tolerated in small Midwestern towns...the Midwestern towns I've been to all seemed pretty insular and morally minded, which is quite different from the modern South.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

I have always wonder why shows like this is so popular.

There's a little bit of paedophile in all of us, that's why.

I agree with the OP that child beauty contests are perverted and revolting.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Indeed OP, I'm familiar with the show. I had this in the vault from a thread done here on it, quite some time back now.

That is a real toddler up on the stage on the left, not a doll. The right is Julia Roberts playing the Call-Girl/Prostitute character in "Pretty Woman". At first glance, I wasn't sure she was real. The thread I went out and found that for dealt with one of these moms who made her little tyke up to look like a Prosti-Tot, just like that pic and then got offended enough to sue when people viewed her girl in a sexual way.

I hate to break it to the naive buffoons that carry the title of parents to these girls, but there is a whole subculture out there, dedicated to those types of shows and pics and not in the way the show's producers intended. Nothing but the show pics, but warped....sick..and yet, easily enough to stumble across? I think putting kids into that, at THAT age is an outright form of child abuse. Nothing short.

A pre-teen or teen star? I can only guess life is hard enough. A toddler? That's just living vicariously through them and nothing but a novel form of abuse. That's my take.

That picture is beyond sick. Children are beautiful when they are children - natural and dressed like kids; not adults. I agree - abuse via exploitation at minimum. I have helped adults who were in beauty pageants as kids. Eating disorders, obsessed with every blemish, suicial, sexual boundaries non existent, and all identity and self worth comes from how they believe others perceive them based on physical appearance. Sadly empty. This may be the extreme but child development knowledge supports that this sort of value system (at this level - going overboard) imprinted on very young people does not equal a healthy individual later in life.

There are tons of child modeling sites on lines. I think one is called little angels or something like that. Very small children. These sites are for prevents and the kids are not even dressed as badly as this toddler. Sick people.

On the other end it comes down to how child abuse is defined and more laws that further stifle people. Solution - having common sense and decency. The ability to think in terms of perspective (who is my audience and who am i appealing to (pedophile or judges) If only people would read one parenting book when having a kid (at least a developmental psyc class - even google something about how childrens minds work). Sadly they don't in some cases.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Seems to be more of a competition for parents(mothers)than it is for the children.
it's a fact non of them hide it, actually they are quite proud of competing against other mothers.
I didn't watch it until a couple of months ago turned it on out of curiosity.
There's two parts to the pageant one is the beauty portion
then they have a dress up portion that usually goes with the theme of the name of the pageant.
I think it was the 50's theme and one woman made her 4yr old daughter dressed up like Sandy from grease
with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth, I was stunned even stunned the judges and they have probably seen it all.
If you look closely at the mothers eyes most of them have this crazed look to them, to me its so wrong in so many ways.

oh found the picture!

edit on 1-8-2013 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Agreed. Horrible show and it is abuse.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The show is frkin disgusting, i can;t believe it is allowed to air.

Its like making kids wear adult cloths... and make up.. i can't figure out the underlying mindset of the people that like it.

To me its scratch into the pedophilia.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It's like they're trying to erase normality from existence, trying to flip it on its head to make this shallow and meaningless soul sapping "entertainment" the new norm. Adults now who were in these environments generally have problems, but instead of dulling things down to prevent harm to fragile young minds, the seediness is ramped all the way up to eleven.

Personally, I watched one episode of Toddlers and Tiaras and felt angry. The whole thing was inappropriate and glorified the horrendous parenting that was being allowed to occur. Pedos must love the world today.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join