It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MMO Players, What Do You Play and What Are You Looking Forward To Playing?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Currently I play SW:TOR both Sith Empire and Republic... all PvP. For PvP outside of shooters (yucky) it's really the only option out there at the moment. I've just heard about Wildstar and now I'm literally chomping at the bit to play it, it's in it's 3rd closed beta and originally set for release late 2013, but maybe pushed back to 2014. Needless to say I signed up for beta testing, hoping to get in!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Lately, I have been playing Monkey Quest, Offensive Combat, and Runescape 3. Each is an MMO, with Monkey Quest being a mess of quest lines which you can follow as you upgrade your armor and weapons and abilities until you meet the Monkey King and become one of the greatest monkey warriors in history. It's a little bit of a jokester game, just for playing around.

Offensive Combat is a FPS game which awards both coins and experience points with each kill, additional points and coins being available if you "pwn", or dance, over the body of your victim. Points level you up and allow you to purchase extra perks which make it easier to kill and avoid being killed, as well as upgrade weapons, buy new weapons, and get new "pwns" by which to earn more points to spend on cool stuff.

Runescape 3 is a much more vast and varied sort of game, where experience is available in a huge assortment of areas ranging between defense and attack to herb lore or thieving. Runescape 3 was just recently released with an event called the Battle of Lumbridge, which has been in effect for a little over a week and lasts 10 weeks, in which two of its most powerful gods have gone to war against each other in an effort to control the remaining fragments of a recently deceased god's life force, which provides a source of power for both gods. New and returning players will be asked to align themselves with one of those two gods before they participate in the event, since they will not be able to redeem any collected "divine tears" for points until they do so. New armor, emotes, and titles are available to those who collect enough points from gathering "divine tears", what the game calls the remaining fragments of the dead god's life force. Gathered tears also award votes, through which players can now influence the course of major developments in the world's storyline.

Needless to say, things have been exciting in the gaming world for me.

edit on 31-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
MWO (mechwarrior online) big stompy robots, at the moment.
Tactics and building your own Mechs is cool.

Soon the meta game comes in and then my faction (FRR) and I will take over the Galaxy and stop the Clan invasion.
Got great background story, it is intense.
Oh and I hate shooters but this is more like a thinking mans/womans shooter.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Looks badass. Do you have to download it?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Yes it,s free to play just google it.

What am I looking forward to?

Elder scrolls online for an MMO.

and Cyberpunk 2077 for single player.

edit on 31-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I have been playing The Secret World lately. Surprised more ATS'ers are not playing that.

Link to TSW trailer

Also a good but very time consuming one is Eve Online.

Eve Online Trailer

And there is always a great time killer Battle field Heroes

Battlefield Trailer link

Morpheus

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Offensive Combat looks hilarious, just cant deal with FPS... some kind of mental block lol.

boymonkey I'll be checking out ESO as well, but I think Wildstar is going to grab me hardcore.

Paths, these will be secondary classes to your combat class which also opens up all kinds of content.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I have been playing dream world that's on kongregate and I have been playing Grepolis its a city management game.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I like to play Rift. I am PvE type of guy and only play casually. But I find it a lot of fun.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretWeapon
I like to play Rift. I am PvE type of guy and only play casually. But I find it a lot of fun.

My fiance and I also play Rift. It is F2P now but we are both patrons.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretWeapon

Is Rift still popular and though you're a pve'r do you know if the pvp is hopping? My boyfriend and I are getting really bored with SW:TOR.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Currently a mix between Rift* and The Secret World, but still enjoy others-fav classic Anarchy Online. GW2, is one I'll be finding time to try soon. RPG wise and more,I'm looking forward especially to releases of Cyberpunk2077 and have heard talks of a WhiteWolf/World of Darkness MMORPG going forth still. Also, Elder Scrolls Online, signed up but have not been invited for the Beta, has anyone yet?

*Rift is Free2Play now all levels but there's purchase for certain extra items..., seems like there's a lot of WOW players checking it out now, PVE-RP server is pretty busy, but some say it went free because of people leaving the game.
edit on 31-7-2013 by dreamingawake because: Rift

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Thanks for the info on Rift, may check it out, always liked the premise.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Rift is still very active and they are adding new content all the time. They just had to add two new servers with the increase of players since it went F2P.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I am looking forward to WildStar (looks awesome) and FF14: Realm Reborn.

I play RIFT, DC Universe, and thinking of resubbing to SWTOR.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

There's a good amount of pvp on Rift, even if you're on a pve server. My level 4x has access to 5 or 6 arenas so far.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Secret World, Dragon server
SW:TOR Ebon Hawk server, both factions

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Everquest Next

Assassin's Creed style combat and movement, destructible cities.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Great thread topic!

I am a student majoring in Computer Animation, so am very interested in MMO's and Virtual Reality like Second Life. It is good to analyze the consumer and what these games offer that set them apart from other games. What makes them popular, and which ways could they be improved.

I personally play WoW, and as another poster had mentioned,I am awaiting the MMO version of The Elder Scrolls. I play many other computer, tablet and console games. I just want to throw one out there because it is so addictive, and is for tablets or computer, Robot Unicorn Attack 2. Heavy Metal version or the regular. My productive thinking is ruined with this game!

Thanks for starting this thread, and if there are certain aspects of a particular game that you find particularly interesting, please share. It helps better games be created with the preferences of the players identified.

Regards,
Amarri

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Long time raider\guild leader in Everquest 2 since day 1 and still raiding in a top 10 guild .
Most of my time in game was on Najena/Unrest but I transferred to Permafrost.
Looking forward to EQNExt.
I wanted to enjoy Middle Earth Online because of the lore but it never really caught my attention.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join