It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida deputies shoot at SENIOR CITIZEN 15 times! Blame Victim

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Galvatron

If you belong to a department that has had bad cops and haven't filed official complaints, haven't called for action, conspicuously and unambiguously, then you are are just as bad as the offending officer in question.

Is it the fear of bringing something down on them self in the process? Seems like a bad idea to let one apple spoil the whole barrel. I don't understand why the officers doing the right thing don't pressure the poor ones into being different. Maybe they don't see it as bad, just they way it works?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by generik[/I]
i can see your point. it SHOULD HURT the cops,

They should give the man 15 shots to fire at the cops. But to be fair arm them with cigarettes. Of course being a civilian and not a trained police officer, he probably wouldn't need all 15 to do the job. I wouldn't even be able to believe this story if it were not for the fact that I, regrettably, live in Florida. Cops are ridiculous here, although not nearly as crazy as this, I recall walking home from work one day and a cop stopped me to question my earlier activities. He too pulled a gun on me for reaching into my pocket for a cigarette. Thankfully I wasn't shot though, I hope this man finds justice but knowing this world I don't think it exists anymore.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lunarian
There are good Police Officers out there. But their image is tainted by ******** like these. The fact that the Sheriff is taking their side is despicable and not surprising in the least.

A sheriff is a politician with extraordinary powers. Skill, integrity, training mean very little. They get their position because they are good-ole-boys. There are a number of places where the caliber of the typical voter is very low ...... like in an area with lots of activity from the prison-industrial complex.

These political enforcers can easily be the worst form of "policeman".

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I hope this man gets millions of dollars so he and his mother can move out of a neighborhood where cops shoot at senior citizens.

I think the thing that makes me most angry is the ARROGANCE and douchey-ness of the sheriff talking to the media, blaming the victim...people would respect you if you just said "SORRY WE MADE A MISTAKE" instead it's "IT'S THE VICTIMS FAULT FOR GOING TO HIS CAR"

Pigs!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Absolute madness!

So it's dark.

Well, were they shining a flashlight on him so he couldn't see who was barking orders at him... or did they simply have no damn light at all?

When are cops going to realize that people impersonate cops and it is considered foolish to make yourself vulnerable and submissive when you don't know what the hell is going on? That's what there damn uniforms and badges that they are REQUIRED to carry are for!

The idiots should have pulled up and stayed in the car if they could not see him well enough to determine weapons and... behind the safety of their bullet proof glass and got on their intercom and told him to come out with his hands up. They should have put lights on so he would know by seeing and hearing that it was the police looking into something. If he came out, great... if he didn't, call for back up and surround the house. If he ran, chase him and do what you gotta do since that would have meant he was up to no good.

This is absurd. These idiots put themselves in a dangerous position where they felt they had to shoot the guy who was startled at his own home in the dead of night. Either that or they just WANTED to shoot the man.

Boy, stuff is getting really LAX these days. Looks like they are seriously cutting training budgets.
edit on 1-8-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
When I got out of the military, the local police department solicited me to work for them, if I wasn't a Po' Boy who learned not to like cops I may have joined.

A lot of cops are PTSD riddled juvenile level thinking idiots who are all screwed up from being in Iraq and Afghanistan, people like that do not belong in the position of police officers.

OK, I'm ready for the Frustration / Aggression Conditioned responses......Shoot!.

Most people in positions of authority are phuquetards.

I claim copyrights on the term "phuquetard" or any variation of the word, no kidding.
edit on 1-8-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: copyright notice

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
God, people are pathetic.

Oh hey, that guy getting out of his car looks like he has a gun. Let's shoot him.

This is how cops are trained nowadays? And people still find time to troll these threads and defend the cops?

edit on 1-8-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: typo

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Slaves always grow to love their masters. There is a psychological basis to it I no longer remember now.

Not only are people in positions of authority frequently, but their subjects, phuquetards much of the time.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

"The tragedy of this is the noncompliance to the directions of law enforcement officers,"

Now this is disturbing. What if the person the officer is hollering directives to is deaf? Or visiting and non-English speaking? Should we just kiss them goodbye? Does this mean an act of "non-compliance" alone is enough to get you killed by the Police here in the USA? You do not have to be guilty of a crime?

What about this isn't fascism?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loveaduck
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

"The tragedy of this is the noncompliance to the directions of law enforcement officers,"

Now this is disturbing. What if the person the officer is hollering directives to is deaf? Or visiting and non-English speaking? Should we just kiss them goodbye? Does this mean an act of "non-compliance" alone is enough to get you killed by the Police here in the USA? You do not have to be guilty of a crime?

What about this isn't fascism?

Hear, hear.... good call.

This is a complete outrage and the more I see the American public making excuses for the likes of these kinds of people who are employed with tax dollars, the more I lose faith in this society.

when is enough going to be enough.

most people will be outraged by this, but many will feel no choice but to do nothing. Is this democracy?
Is the government of the people?

NO... Not by a LONG SHOT!

Our positions of authority are showing more incompetence by the minute.

Nothing good is going to come out of sweeping this under the rug. Something has GOT to change!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Galvatron

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I remember the days when, any time lethal force was used, there were panels to review it. And it was a far rarer thing.

Anytime you see a problem in the world, even corrupt mafia type overlords taking bigger chunks of the pie, changing rules on society, you are looking at a human problem. it means people have been too complacent and not stepping up to the bat in being the very loud and active first level of government. In other words, why are we letting this happen?

This poor man, and I'm very happy there are witnesses and his family is speaking up for him. And he's alive.

Strangely enough, to me, it looks like they did this on purpose. 15 shots and they aimed low????.....To cripple an elderly man????? Some kind of agenda if you ask me.
edit on 13-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Let the right hypocrisy flow..

Again it happens...no past brought up of victims. Oh yeah past only matters...when your black.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I'm thankful the man is still alive.

He should not sue the department though. He needs to file federal charges against them. That is the action all victims of police should take. Do not sue the department, all that does is take money from the taxpayers. File charges in federal court people.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join