It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Xrays of the Apollo Era Spacesuits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Ok for all of the moon landing debunkers I found this nice little article that has xrays of the spacesuits used during the Apollo moon missions. Why would NASA go to such lengths as to design the suits like they did to walk in the deserts of Nevada or wherever else some claimed they filmed it here on Earth? I know that I will get all kind of rebuttals to this, but hey, thats what this site is for.

Enjoy!

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 5-8-2013 by spacedoubt because: title fix

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but, if xrays can get through their suits, how were they protected from the regular radiation? Not to mention the van allen belt?

Edit: SnF for you because this was a cool article that I wouldn't have seen otherwise. Thanks!

edit on 31-7-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well, if the x rays went through them they obviously weren't much good against radiation.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Ba,,,i type too slow, you beat me to it

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well in their defense, I have been an xray/mri engineer for almost nine years and with enough KV (kilovolt) and mAs (miliamp/second) you can penetrate almost anything, even lead. If they set the technique high enough you would get an image.You can produce enough radiation with a general use xray room to do that, and if they did a high KV exposure over a long period of time you will get what you want.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but, if xrays can get through their suits, how were they protected from the regular radiation? Not to mention the van allen belt?

Most of the radiation in space is ionizing radiation, and fortunately for most astronauts like those visiting the ISS they're in relatively low Earth orbit, so they have less of a chance of getting fried.

All those Apollo moon walking astronauts ended up sterile, though.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
All those Apollo moon walking astronauts ended up sterile, though.

The only people that went to the moon did so in saucer shaped craft.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
For me what makes it all rather more believable for me are the stories from the astronauts about how they had to improvise when things went unexpectedly. I think they went there but I am not sure how...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Because the astronauts were not exposed to that level of x-ray radiation.

Well they weren't wearing their suits on that part of the trip and the command module itself provided protection but the Van Allen belts don't have more intense x-ray radiation than anywhere else on the trip (except within the atmosphere).

>OP: Are there any links to the whole collection. The two they show in the article are cool, but...
edit on 7/31/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Because the astronauts were not exposed to that level of x-ray radiation.

Well they weren't wearing their suits on that part of the trip and the command module itself provided protection but the Van Allen belts don't have more intense x-ray radiation than anywhere else on the trip (except within the atmosphere).

>OP: Are there any links to the whole collection. The two they show in the article are cool, but...
edit on 7/31/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Here you go, Phage : trendland.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Many people seem to think that space radiation is just waiting around a corner to give you a deadly doze as soon as you get further than the low earth orbit, no matter the circumstances. That's incorrect. The Van Allen belts can be passed quite quickly, and the spaceship can provide sufficient protection from radiation during the trip. Being outside in a spacesuit presents the biggest danger, especially if there's been a powerful CME from the Sun. But otherwise, space exploration is doable. The danger is with the steady accumulation of radiation over astronaut's lifetime.
edit on 1-8-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Thank you hellhound604 for the additional pictures, Phage you are right, people assume certain things about radiation exposure and are totally unexposed (pun) on the subject. I should throw out a graph or two on how radiation exposure works and include the van allen belt levels and levels on the moon, but I am just too lazy and not afraid to admit it. If they want to know when I get time I will post it.
edit on 09/19/2005 by swampcricket because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

Thank you.
Sorry for the delay. The thread had sort of settled down in the stack.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Phage,

Yes is has settled down and that ok, I am not trolling for hits, stars, flags, etc. but honestly people shoud know how these things work in order to understand the details when it comes to radiation, exposure, levels and what not so that can help eliminate some of the "cant travel in space because of radiation" theories....

Like I said I can show graphs and what not on just how much radiation you get just by going swimming...... its quite interesting actually

Roger

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
So no requests for radiation charts? Seems like some people do not want to see the facts behind radiation.......

here is a basic one xkcd.com...

one from nasa ares.jsc.nasa.gov...

second

new topics

top topics

join