It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel Occuring...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I've just caught a story on the BBC website regarding a film just uncovered from 1940.

www.bbc.co.uk...

It is about a prisioner of war camp and the general 'day to day' activities of both the French POW's and German guards and Officers.

What makes this strange IMHO is that the camera was made from various parts smuggled in via sausages and hidden in a book spine....

Reels of film were concealed in the heels of the POW's shoes.....

Amazing to watch but then i thought that this is all a little strange....

www.bbc.co.uk...

Has someone gone back to that time and brought a record forward..... i've never seen anything like this before and how has it survived...? Surely the film reels (how did they get them..???) would have perished a little.....

I just think that this is a little strange....

Anyone..?

PDUK

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
the ingenuity of man is something to behold
we can do amazing things

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Some of that footage just doesn't seem right, particularly the footage of the camera taking images. What did they have, two cameras when having one alone would be pretty much impossible?

And where's Colonel Hogan?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Its the BBC
Pinch of salt.

link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I agree. Along with taking a movie of a play and people watching the play? Wouldn't this have been noticed? Aren't these cameras kind of hard to keep secret as you have to continually turn them. Also, the motion seemed too steady for something that would have to be turned by hand. I do not know much about these cameras from this time though.

link   
Nice find. Is there a link to the 30 min film?
I don't think it's a time traveler just humans making sure someone saw and heard what really happened, but then again who knows right? Film does degrade over years maybe the reels were kept in a safe dry place..????

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I doubt if that was really taken in a concentration camp. It looks more like something like Hogans Heros

My dad was a POW, they were lucky if they had a potato a day and were so tired from working at the end of day that they would have no energy to dig tunnels. Many people were shot in his camp and he said he saw a guy get killed by a fellow prisoner for stealing his potato. I doubt if there were cameras in the camps. The officers section got a little better treatment, they would get potatoes everyday instead of the water that the potatoes were boiled in.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
i read a book on colditz prison and it was the guards who were afraid not the prisoners who had the guts to dig through granite .

so having a camera is no biggie or bribing a guard to get it

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I doubt if that was really taken in a concentration camp. It looks more like something like Hogans Heros

The BBC is known for rewriting history, this is probably another example.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I know the masses out there will not think twice about this and in actual fact think of this as a piece of history on some website ...

BUT

when you watch the video it just seems to damn good (surely?) to have been taken, survived , stored and recently found and then put up on the internet some 70 + years later..?

I know humans are able to do great things but maybe we have, as a species discovered a way of travelling back in time (or forward i guess) to gain more of an insight about are past.....

The fact that spools of film were 'hidden' in shoe soles (you see this preparation on the video clip) - the process looks quite harsh and how did the film survive, dust and all?

Regards

PDUK

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I doubt if that was really taken in a concentration camp.

It was a prisoner of war camp not a concentration camp.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I can understand that it seems remarkable, but to somehow reach the conclusion that it must be due to time travel is the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Most likely war propaganda taken by the germans themselves or shortly after the camp was liberated,,,,were thoses prisoners wearing gold rings & watches?? must be an reenactment of what happen ,,pieced together with other footage,,the description of the camera doesn't match either...

besides ,,taking actual movies would took alot of film,,,i think they must had just a regular camera for still shots ,it wouldn't waste as much film,,,

Even after all these years ,,BBC still trying to pass off some of this stuff as realtime film footage??

It is a tale of extraordinary ingenuity and cunning. Having been defeated in the Battle of France, 5,000 French officers were marched to Oflag 17a, a prisoner-of-war camp in Austria, in 1940. Once in the camp, a group of the officers started to make a secret documentary about their time in prison.
Risking death, they recorded the 30-minute film on a secret camera built from parts that were smuggled into the camp in sausages. The prisoners had discovered that German soldiers would only check food sent in by cutting it down the middle. The parts were hidden in the ends.

The camera they built was concealed in a hollowed-out dictionary from the camp library. The spine of the book opened like a shutter. The 8mm reels on which the film was stored were then nailed into the heels of their makeshift shoes.

The film gives an incredible insight into living conditions within the camp. The scant food they were given, the searches conducted without warning by the German soldiers. They filmed it all, even the searches, rights under the noses of their guards.

In 1943, the officers mounted an audacious escape from the prison camp in the biggest break-out of World War II. Only two managed to return to France - and only one of those survives to this day.

You might be watching to many episodes of the Outer Limits

edit on 1-8-2013 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

My dad was in a POW camp. Where he was, things like that were not happening, the Germans were intelligent people. How would prisoners get a big camera like that into a POW camp anyway. Ever see a forties model camera? They are pretty good sized. Maybe there were some camps that were better than the one he was in, the ones that officers went to possibly, but the ones for the regular soldiers were pretty lousy and overcrowded.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Time travel happens, it's for the people who believe in it and a demonstration is not enough for the people who don't believe, and it seems the ones who know do not want to tell the ones that don't know. What would happen but the rich and powerful would devise a way to take it without consent and use it towards their own goals, ethics on the wayside. It seems already discussion of it, the law types are all over something like that.

I am reminded of Mike Marcum's time machine experiments. He got a bunch of electrical transformers, made a Jacob's ladder device, experimented on guinea pigs, and then jumped through the bright resonating field he made. Uncalibrated trajectory, he landed mentally in shock, 2 years in the future and miles away from where he started. I suppose some scientist could make a formula to explain how his mass got pushed around by the planetary motions, but honestly I'm surprised he still landed on Earth.

"Closed timelike curves". That's where the science is, not "time travel" because I suppose it's against the law to use some sort of traveling device not sanctioned by the government, and they will turn into a hornet's nest should practical travel devices make their appearance, as cops are attracted to donuts.

It's happening less than before I gather because of all the cell phone antenna doing double-duty, scanning for signals not just conveying them.

top topics

join