It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prehistoric Civilization Along China's Silk Road Discovered

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Prehistoric Civilization Along China's Silk Road Discovered

Archaeology

Archaeologists have unearthed evidence of a prehistoric civilization along the Silk Road in the Gansu province of northwestern China. According to China's state-run Xinhua news agency, the discovered settlement dates back between 3,600 and 4,100 years ago. Among the findings are ancient coins, tools, crops, and a copper-smelting mill.

"The mill is the earliest of its kind that has been unearthed," Zhang Liangren, a professor at Northwest University in Xi'an, told Xinhua. "It will be of great help for studies of the history of Chinese craftsmanship." As the Press Trust of India notes, the Silk Road was a vast, Eurasian trade route that began during the Han Dynasty about 2,000 years ago.

More news out of China. This one with regards to a new discovery in their Gansu province of northwestern China. I've always wondered what other possible locations in the vast Eurasian Continent still hold secrets yet to be discovered.

I thought it was a very interesting and thought I'd share it with you.

Enjoy

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yep lots of stuff to find there especially I would suspect inside the rectangle of the Caspian, Oxus, the Tibetan plateau and before the wood line in Siberia.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
More news out of China. This one with regards to a new discovery in their Gansu province of northwestern China. I've always wondered what other possible locations in the vast Eurasian Continent still hold secrets yet to be discovered.

I've said before that one of my pet theories was that humanity itself evolved from Homo Erectus somewhere in lower central Asia, and not in Africa as commonly thought. Yeah, you find more fossils in Africa, but only because of the climate. Homo Sapiens evolving in central Asia would be harder to determine, although there have been a few puzzling finds that are certainly food for thought.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies. I thought some here would appreciate it

Now off to the next discovery.

Stay tuned peeps this will be a Big one

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Good find. Thank you.

"Copper-smelting"... 4000 years ago. Isn't that technology more modern? Another artful technology by the ancient Chinese. What a tragedy they did not continue to advance.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Great find Slayer. s&f

We have our own little "dig" going on about twenty miles from where I live. Some of the artifacts they are finding date as old or older as the ones in your op.
Nothing fancy though, potery, arrow heads and some bones of Native Americans that could be as old as 8000 years.
Quad

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kmb08753

Good find. Thank you.

"Copper-smelting"... 4000 years ago. Isn't that technology more modern? Another artful technology by the ancient Chinese. What a tragedy they did not continue to advance.

Meant to comment on that the earliest copper smelting goes back to around 5000 BCE

Copper smelting

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'm still waiting on the discovery of the first working ancient Chinese flushable toilet. I'm starting to think everything that ever was invented was made in China

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
I'm still waiting on the discovery of the first working ancient Chinese flushable toilet. I'm starting to think everything that ever was invented was made in China

Unfortunately China had a few rulers who destroyed history...They felt history started with their rule and all that went before was not important.
At one time China had a very large ocean going fleet that traded far from the homeland...Again after some time the fleet was felt not necessary and done away with...

A story that was told to me that I doubt is true (due to some genetic test that have been done) Is long ago one of the Emperors (probably the first Emperor who united the divided China and was taking mercury to live a long life) was looking for the fountain of youth. He ordered 400 of the finest warriors and 400 of the most beautiful women to be sent to sea in the quest to find the fountain....They were ship wrecked on some islands which today are known as Japan. The locals were no match for the new people in town and that is where the Japanese we know today basically came from....Told to me by a Chinese....yet the genetic test that were conducted several years ago indicated they were closely related to the Koreans.....which also pissed the Japanese off...Still bad blood there...
I really do think there are many places under the sea at around the 600 to 800 foot mark that hold a great deal of our ancient history; maybe lost forever.. S&F thanks for the post

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Thanks for a brilliant thread I look forward to reading more about their discoveries as as when.

I did read a book once that was about the ancient salt trade lines and the author thought was the first sign of mankind trading over vast distances.

I still wonder if man evolved all around the fertile areas at a similar time rather than just out of one place because the early homo erectus etc was not just in one area. Its probably going to be hard to really ever be sure because fossils get destroyed, moved and may only come to light when an expert digs them up.

Currently a very interesting dig in Exeter which has found the earlist piece of 'parchment' with writing on it, thought to be Roman, has just been shut down by the Council due to funding. I can never make up my mind whether there is some kind of conspiracy to keep history as we currently learn it, despite it being obviously incorrect or is the Exeter dig, which who knows what would have been found there, is just shut down due to lack of money. I hate our history having to play second fiddle to some of our government's illustrious ways of spending our money.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

The Japanese came from Korean descent, not Chinese. Oddly enough the Koreans hate the Japanese with a passion because of the war and occupation. It even effects the Korean video game industry, depictions of Japanese Samurai or Ninjas in video games were made illegal. One could argue that Chinese and Koreans were once the same people ages ago I suppose since they are on the same continent and in a relatively same general area.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Ahh a cool find slayer. Is it really that much of surprise that early man was so well traveled? It is laughable that the history books are so far behind the finds. Such are the joy's of following this kind of news I guess
The article you posted put's those red headed mummies in a new perspective. I imagine that the trade stopped due to some emperor wanting to keep his people under heel.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by 727Sky

The Japanese came from Korean descent, not Chinese. Oddly enough the Koreans hate the Japanese with a passion because of the war and occupation. It even effects the Korean video game industry, depictions of Japanese Samurai or Ninjas in video games were made illegal. One could argue that Chinese and Koreans were once the same people ages ago I suppose since they are on the same continent and in a relatively same general area.

As I said in my post by genetic testing I agree Koreans and Japanese seem to have much of the same founding genetic make-up..The Japanese since WWll have bought friends in far away places with their money and manufacturing abilities....

There are still those all over Asia that talk about what the Japanese did during the war...Nanking 300,000 killed the old fashion way with sword and gun as one small example..The story I relayed was a story told to me by a Chinese girl who was going to college in the states. She said the story was in some of their history books..so believe as you will I just thought it was something to put in my my hummm file that I never considered to be totally factual just a humm I heard that before kinda thing..... Many years later by the genetic testing carried out it seems to be wrong regardless of what some Chinese history book said......good story though..
edit on 2-8-2013 by 727Sky because: ......

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

This dislike is much, much older than that, 1592 was the Japanese invasion of Korea and before that Japanese pirates, Waka (wokou or wako) had been raiding them for generations. It is general thought that the Japanese Emperor came from people who invaded Japan from Korea. Which is one reason the earliest Imperial tombs are not disturbed.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Wow, awesome! Any pictures of the findings?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I'll jump back in and recommend the following two readings with regards to the Japanese and Koreans.

For starters read about the Ainu people and the Jomon culture...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

In the same way there were no people in the British Isles when the first settlers from mainland Europe arrived, there were no people in Japan before mainland asians reached the islands.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I'll jump back in and recommend the following two readings with regards to the Japanese and Koreans.

For starters read about the Ainu people and the Jomon culture...

What about the Dropas? Weren't they around during the time of Gobekli Tepe?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Good stuff. Thanks

new topics

top topics

join