It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future of free energy is here Now!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Even if it's free you still have to pay shipping.

Most local Code enforcement won't allow you to get off the grid.

It's illegal to get anything for free, for your best interest of course.

HaHaHa

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Having taken a few courses in alternative energy engineering I'm no expert but will quote my professor who is.."there is no such thing as a free lunch" meaning there are alternative energy sources available but they are not free.

If somebody is contemplating investing in an alternative energy source and they dont have an insulated jacket on their water heater they a stupid....

Have a blower door test done on your home to find the air infiltration and fix it with a few dollars worth of caulk.

I'm all for alternative energy sources but truth is there is no cheaper energy available than the grid. There isnt.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Pessimism? I prefer the term realism.

I use the words "we can't" in my post in one place only: and in that context it is true. At this point in time, we cannot manufacture free unlimited energy. That's not pessimism; it's a statement of fact. We do have some brilliant people working on the idea, and I do believe one day we will have better alternative energy sources. But we will get those not by dreaming, not by hoping, and not by walking around saying two words over and over. We'll get better energy sources by researching, understanding the physics behind what we are doing, and learning.

We will not accomplish anything by listening to spokesmen, unless of course, we plan on financing the research... then we might get some profit when the idea is sold to the public. I don't know about you, but I don't have that kind of cash to lay out. I can barely finance my own work, and that sporadically at best. We will not accomplish anything by embracing every idea that comes down the pike; youtube is covered with scams where people use camera angles to make something mundane look like it's providing free energy. It is also covered with attempts by well-meaning people who simply do not understand the readings they are getting.

If you truly believe "we can" provide cheap, plentiful, renewable energy right now, by all means prove me wrong. Prove that it is possible by doing it. I'll be the first one on your bandwagon, singing your praises.

Until then, it is still a dream. That's reality.

A wise man once said: "Always keep an open mind, but no so open your brains fall out." I plan on following that advice.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Last post on this thread but it has been pointed out already and bears repeating.

The video isn't talking about free energy in the sense that ATS is used to but actually green renewable energy.

The hurdle that must be overcome for his vision to become a reality is the manufacturing process. As of now manufacturing the material such as Graphine is not cost productive however if someone can figure an inexpensive way to make it many of the speakers dreams will become a reality.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
There is no free lunch or anything else....

That's no excuse to overcharge for everything though.

Free energy is all around you, unless of course you have reservations with plugging into your local park shelter to run your laptop.

Everything was free once, the only investment required was you had to get off your fat ass and go get it, we all just got lazy.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
just give us the instructions and let folks move on it..regardless of what country mass produces it...a wins a win for the world

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by TheRedneck

Such pessimism.

If people keep saying we can't, we never will.

We are surrounded on a daily basis by inventions where people said we can, and with their belief those things manifested. Your car/internet/PC/cellphone/power supply/TV etc etc etc. Bought about by people with vision who said "we can".

"We can't" means as a species eventually we all die, and go the way of the dinosaurs.

I prefer "we can".

They told the Wright brothers "It'll never fly" and now we fly all over the world.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
Last post on this thread but it has been pointed out already and bears repeating.
The video isn't talking about free energy in the sense that ATS is used to but actually green renewable energy.
Its free once we've bought the tech.

Originally posted by Grimpachi
The hurdle that must be overcome for his vision to become a reality is the manufacturing process. As of now manufacturing the material such as Graphine is not cost productive however if someone can figure an inexpensive way to make it many of the speakers dreams will become a reality.
Some of the early (very simple) integrated circuits used to cost me many tens of pounds, but now I can buy a complete microprocessor for just a few pence!!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinner07
Having taken a few courses in alternative energy engineering I'm no expert but will quote my professor who is.."there is no such thing as a free lunch" meaning there are alternative energy sources available but they are not free.
There never used to be cars or the internet but now they/it are everywhere.

If somebody is contemplating investing in an alternative energy source and they dont have an insulated jacket on their water heater they a stupid....
Good advice but not relevant to the OP.

I'm all for alternative energy sources but truth is there is no cheaper energy available than the grid. There isnt.
Complete nonsense. Those lucky enough to have water flowing through their land have a totally free source of energy. Those who live in area's with lots of sun can use solar panels etc.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
We'll get better energy sources by researching, understanding the physics behind what we are doing, and learning.
Thats what the guy in the vid is saying!

youtube is covered with scams where people use camera angles to make something mundane look like it's providing free energy. It is also covered with attempts by well-meaning people who simply do not understand the readings they are getting.
Agreed. But not everything on youtube is fake! just like not everything on the telly is the truth.

If you truly believe "we can" provide cheap, plentiful, renewable energy right now, by all means prove me wrong. Prove that it is possible by doing it. I'll be the first one on your bandwagon, singing your praises.

Until then, it is still a dream. That's reality.
Does that mean each of US has to make it work before you'll believe?
Geothermal is the way to go. We could do that now, couldn't we? If you think not maybe you could explain why?

A wise man once said: "Always keep an open mind, but no so open your brains fall out." I plan on following that advice.

TheRedneck

That sounds clever but it's actually a little silly. Where do we reach the point where ones brains fall out? Is it when we are fooled into a scam? If so those with an open mind are less likely to be fooled.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Thats what the guy in the vid is saying!

Not really. He's saying that his friends the scientists have made discoveries and he is speculating about how to put these discoveries together without understanding the physics behind the discoveries. As I stated earlier, all of the discoveries are exciting, but that does not mean they can be put together to deliver such an amazing society as what he is dreaming of. And it also does not mean anything is going to be free or even cheap. That's where my objection comes in: this went, based on a sales pitch, from exciting discoveries in nano-physics to expectations of some utopia.

Agreed. But not everything on youtube is fake! just like not everything on the telly is the truth.

I have seen enough of the vast cornucopia of alternate energy proposals to state that for every single accurate video, there are probably a thousand of the ones I mention.

And nothing on TV is true.... not even the news anymore.

Does that mean each of US has to make it work before you'll believe?

Nope, it means one person, just one, has to show something that actually works and is scalable sufficiently to offer a reasonable alternative. But if someone wants to argue with me that we have such technologies available right now, I simply say prove it. Words mean nothing unless accompanied by actions.

Geothermal is the way to go. We could do that now, couldn't we? If you think not maybe you could explain why?

In many cases, geothermal is an excellent energy source. I am working on implementing it here for climate control (my own design). Properly implemented, it can easily cut power usage to half of what it is now, perhaps further.

In closely-packed, high-population areas, however, I don't think there is enough energy available to be practical. Also, for electrical production, the present thermocouples (or Peltier junctions) are pretty inefficient, and I know of no other method for converting heat energy into electricity, especially for the small temperature difference that geothermal provides (60 degrees Fahrenheit or so at best).

My personal favorite for electrical production is wave energy. Last I heard progress was being made on materials which would survive the harsh seawater conditions.

That sounds clever but it's actually a little silly. Where do we reach the point where ones brains fall out? Is it when we are fooled into a scam? If so those with an open mind are less likely to be fooled.

It simply means that one should be open to consideration of new ideas, but not so gullible as to fall for every presentation that comes along or believe every claim that is made.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

There is a technology that is sort of the reverse of geothermal. OTEC. Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion. Can't be used everywhere but where conditions are right it is very promising.

Looking at the latest developments in the OTEC world, much has been going on with regard to research and testing, but also policy developments in Europe and Northern America. Yet with the latest announcement of Lockheed Martin and Reignwood Group to install a 10 MW power plant in China, more and more attention is payed to South East Asia with a great potential for OTEC.

www.otecnews.org...
www.bizjournals.com...

edit on 8/1/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I know of this sir.

But there are better kinds of ZPE devices out there than what is shown at TED talks.

Example; Cold Electricity.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I looked over both links, but could not find anything on how they are harvesting the oceanic thermal gradient to drive the turbine... do you have any information on that?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

A basic heat engine with cold deep seawater being used to condense the fluid and warmer surface water to vaporize it. That's the primary method used.

edit on 8/1/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That's simple enough, but what kind of fluid are they using? It has to be something with a very low boiling point... maybe some of the lighter hydrocarbons? The energy density compared to steam would be pretty low, but given the size of the ocean that may be a challenge that can be overcome with scale.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

maybe some of the lighter hydrocarbons?
Something used as a refrigerant in other circumstances I would think. "Freon" or a cousin.

The energy density compared to steam would be pretty low, but given the size of the ocean that may be a challenge that can be overcome with scale.
That's the idea. The ocean is cold. Deep, too. (old joke).

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Well there ain't no free energy. I think we can all pretty much assume that. Photo electric, that's nice. But i remember a story about a box or unit, a relatively small box, that took in natural gas on side and put out electricity on the other I don't know what happened with this, but I think this is the answer. Use natural gas to produce electricity at point of use. This whole grid thing is a joke. as regards to providing electricity. and is soon going to need an alternative. Gas delivery is easy and trouble free. Huge generating stations and delivery by wire not so much,

I wonder what ever happened to that box. They had it on "60 Minutes."

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

We are working on solar cells that not only are made from renewable organic materials, but are layerable. so you get more density of wattage from a smaller square foot area, than any traditional cells. Additionally the body molecules (instead of crystals like used in silicone cell technology) is self healing. Wonder what we are talking about there? scrape some wax off a big candle and then press it against the candle and rub with a bit of pressure. See how it bonded back to the candle? same concept. so instead of breaking down over the coming years like standard silicon crystal PV cells, these will last 1000s of years. Want to know the second they come out? or want to help fund it? Or maybe you just want to help build a currency that is not founded on debt but instead on investing into your own and everyone else's future?

this
www.facebook.com...

is set up to fund this:
Extinction Research lab/workshop and public access facility

additionally you can look into and replicate some research we have done here
Extinction solar research group on facebook

by reading this document and then using the info to do your own testing
Document on UV restriction research to boost power output and extend life span of silicon PV solar cells

Let me know if you have trouble pulling up the document and I will post the text here instead as it is well worth looking at. 5 times the lifespan, 3% boost in power output form cells that are getting around 80% of the light they were getting, so add an extra 20% to that and you will get 3.6% power boost for 4 years more than you were per year (that means you get 103.6% power x 5 times more years or 518% more power out of those cells you have already up on the tracker now!)

thank you for reading

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

---

For the United States Mainlaind (i.e. Lower-48), I think the BEST source of MASSIVE AMOUNTS
of power that is DOABLE TODAY on a financial and technical basis is to sink hundreds if not
thousands of Ceramic Heat Pipes into the Yellowstone Caldera in Northwest Wyoming.

Using modern Slant-Rig drilling techniques, bore holes can be drilled up 20,000 feet deep
into the main lava upwelling underneath that big lake in Yellowstone. Since modern ceramic can
withstand temperatures in excess of 3000 degrees Celcius, the ceramic tubes will super-heat
salt-water delivered by pipeline from the West Coast (i.e. salt-water intakes near Seattle and
the cost would be about 1.5 billion dollars to build an above ground water pipeline) and the
resulting Flash-Steam would drive THOUSANDS of underground turbines.

The Yellowstone Caldera upper-crust upwelling has enough latent heat energy to flash-steam
salt-water at a total output power of ESTIMATED range of 5300 MEGAWATTS (5.3 Gigawatts)
and that's only in the main upwelling...if we go deeper into the main chamber, there is
about a 2000 GIGAWATTS (two Terawatts) which pretty much could supply almost 70% of the
USA in terms of electricity (US consumption = 3.4 terawatts/year) . The yellowstone Caldera
and lower chamber is almost 5 percent of the yearly thermal output of the Earth's thermal
flux (44 terawatts)

If we also Drill into the Mammoth California supervolcano, we could supply a total of
4 to 5 terawatts of electricity per year to ALL of the USA AND CANADA for
THOUSANDS of YEARS!!!!!

In another 100 to 200 years we would then have the technology to use massive
space-based solar panels to capture 1 percent of the Sun's yearly output or
(the Sun = 384 Yottawatts/year so 1% = 3.8 Yottawatts) which could be
beamed by laser or microwave directly to earth ground stations. That's
enough electricity to power us for tens of thousands of years!!!

We HAVE the technology to drill into Yellowstone Caldera TODAY!
We just need the will and since it would only cost about 2 billion to
drill and install turbines and another 1.5 billion to build the salt water
pipeline to the west coast, we could have REALLY CHEAP electricity
for the next few hundreds of years!

If you want more orders of magnitude when it comes to POWER PRODUCTION see this:
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 2013/8/2 by StargateSG7 because: sp.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join