It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret tape reveals Republican strategy to sabotage Obama's remaining years.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

The policy was in place, but the guns never made it past the border until Obama's admin came in.

The irresponsibility came when we were allowing the guns to cross the border into Mexico and into the hands of drug cartels without tracking them.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Republicans weren't locking themselves out of the conference rooms for the ACA in 2009. Democrats were literally locking them out, physically, and telling them 'elections have consequences' to go pout in a corner and deal with it.

Well.. Yes.. they do have consequences. Unfortunately for us out here, the consequences are BAD either way to our outcomes. To the losers in power on both sides? Consequences just change who sits on what committee and whose party sets agenda in the committee room for the next 2-4 years.

Gridlock today, in July of 2013, may be more Republican than Democrat. I honestly don't know as I don't keep up on the week to week of which side of Capital Hill is body blocking the other side and over what issue this time. I watch the larger trends over months and years.

The fact of the matter is that a MAJORITY of this nation's problems right now come down to ONE thing. Just one. The budget and the fact they've been stop gap'ing Bush's outright (2008) Emergency budget since 2009. The worst budget imaginable to be running FROM for even 1 year ...they make it 5 years now.

Anyway... That's the house not starting it, the senate making clear it won't even consider it for a vote and the President making his feelings known by sending one even Harry Reid's people vote unanimously against. Gridlock is MOST DEFINITELY a two party show here, however one side may lead the other in the week to week balance.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Well let's hope so, here I thought they were aiding and abetting him.

Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see, it's all a grand illusion.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by Indigo5

Benghazi was not a "Scandal"...it was a terrorist attack and tragedy.

It became a scandal when the administration lied about why and how it happened.

Ah yes, the infamous 'video' .... * cough*

All they had to do was say "No Comment at this time. We will pursue an investigation into what happened'
But nooooo, they instantly tried to place the BS excuse on a stupid video that proved to be irrelevant.

Once again, their own doings by mis-speaking before thinking.
Seems to happen a lot.
What one may call 'Foot-In-Mouth' disease.

It's okay though, it's the GOP's fault.

edit on 31-7-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Quick blame the right for the current EPIC failures of the current administration.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

The policy was in place, but the guns never made it past the border until Obama's admin came in.

The irresponsibility came when we were allowing the guns to cross the border into Mexico and into the hands of drug cartels without tracking them.

Wrong

2006–2008: Operation Wide Receiver

With the use of surveillance equipment, ATF agents monitored additional sales by Detty to straw purchasers. With assurance from ATF "that Mexican officials would be conducting surveillance or interdictions when guns got to the other side of the border",[12] Detty would sell a total of about 450 guns during the operation.[30] These included AR-15s, semi-automatic AK-pattern rifles, and Colt .38s. The majority of the guns were eventually lost as they moved into Mexico

en.wikipedia.org...

And here:
articles.latimes.com...

www.businessweek.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...< br />
www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 31-7-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The whole world, excluding Obama, Clinton and Rice, knew that the attack in Benghazi had nothing to do with the Muslim video trailer. If you want to believe that one, you're more naive than I thought you were.

The whole world knew? Care to explain exactly how? Gut feeling? That seems like a legit way to handle an international crisis. Screw facts, let's just go with our gut feeling...that always works out well.

Nevertheless, no matter the blame, knowing the cause of the attack is not, was not and never will bring life back to the diplomats CIA operatives that died in Benghazi that fateful day.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well, he is a role model for the 'blame game'.
Never having to accept responsibility.

Yep, Mr.Transparency at his finest.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

F&F was ATF...not a WH initiative and was going on before Pres. Obama..

That is flat out lie, or someone denying the facts in evidence

To wit:

On October 26, 2009, a teleconference was held at the Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. to discuss U.S. strategy for combating Mexican drug cartels. Participating in the meeting were Deputy Attorney General David W. Ogden, Assistant Attorney General Lanny A. Breuer, acting ATF Director Kenneth E. Melson, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Administrator Michele Leonhart, Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation Robert Mueller and the top federal prosecutors in the Southwestern border states. They decided on a strategy to identify and eliminate entire arms trafficking networks rather than low-level buyers.[3][38][39] Those at the meeting apparently did not suggest using the "gunwalking" tactic, but Phoenix ATF supervisors would soon use it in an attempt to achieve the desired goals

en.wikipedia.org...

The current administration OWNS FAF.

edit on 31-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412
reply to post by neo96

No doubt:

That is some role model.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Indigo5

Republicans weren't locking themselves out of the conference rooms for the ACA in 2009. Democrats were literally locking them out, physically, and telling them 'elections have consequences' to go pout in a corner and deal with it.

No...No...No...just saying, look into the crap we are fed.

The Dems were in the Majority at the time. The GOP put together some video for partisan sniping purposes showing the committee room empty. The Dems took issue about the GOP using the committee room to make political Youtube videos...and changed the locks...so folks wouldn't use the room for non-meetings.

The GOP was never...not once...physically locked out of a meeting, they attended every committee hearing, but the room was locked during off-hours.

Here is one link...I can find others if you need them.

thehill.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Very interesting read. I have seen practically from day one (that many in politics) and other places of power have been and are doing everything they can to (hamstring) President Obama.

For those who don't know : (hamstring) the meaning in this context is...( transitive verb)..

Quoted from the online (Merriam-Webster) dictionary...

"To make ineffective or powerless"

I really don't think it is solely (the Republicans) hamstringing President Obama; it is a lot of different people from various backgrounds and political parties...and one of the things they have in common is that they do not agree with many of President Obama's actions and beliefs.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Indigo5

F&F was ATF...not a WH initiative and was going on before Pres. Obama..

That is flat out lie, or someone denying the facts in evidence

To wit:

On October 26, 2009, a teleconference was held at the Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. to discuss U.S. strategy for combating Mexican drug cartels. Participating in the meeting were Deputy Attorney General David W. Ogden, Assistant Attorney General Lanny A. Breuer, acting ATF Director Kenneth E. Melson, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Administrator Michele Leonhart, Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation Robert Mueller and the top federal prosecutors in the Southwestern border states. They decided on a strategy to identify and eliminate entire arms trafficking networks rather than low-level buyers.[3][38][39] Those at the meeting apparently did not suggest using the "gunwalking" tactic, but Phoenix ATF supervisors would soon use it in an attempt to achieve the desired goals

en.wikipedia.org...

The current administration OWNS FAF.

edit on 31-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Hey NEO...is that supposed to be evidence to support it was a WH initiative?

Maybe you should read your own stuff? Underlined it for you.

Thanks for proving me right.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Hey guys...on the scandals not holding water and posters claiming stuff that facts dispute...I get that the right wing media sells BS...so does the left leaning media...but I'd be pissed if I was claiming stuff I had been fed and find it to be BS. Whatever side of the political spectrum...discard the BS and find meat...otehrwise you are BSing on behalf of politicians.

There are genuine scandals for Obama...but the majority have been partisan spun BS and the facts show as much.

Find meat...not manuer...Being a Dem of GOP shouldn't require anyone to eat or champion BS.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

On October 26, 2009, a teleconference was held at the Department of Justice in Washington, D.C

Washington DC DOJ Holder.

So Yeah

Pay Attention:

Less than two weeks later, on October 6, William Newell, then ATF's Special Agent in Charge (SAC) of the Phoenix field division, shut down the operation at the behest of William Hoover, ATF's assistant director for the office of field operations

The current administration and his cronies started it up AFTER it was shown to be an total FAILURE.

Hell the names from from the movies.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
OP I hate to be a downer but

You might want to walk away with a word of advice..

Telling people everything is there fault.. not great strategy.. They may believe you and take the next step in empowerment.. That spiderman thing with great power comes great responsibility.. If they are responsible they may decide to fix it..

As for your POV

*political parties- like most pricks do not care about rules and honor.. its power.. it has been both parties strats to maim the other one

to sum it up ..duh
not news

*the american people are reaching a dissonance point with both parties...
the liberals can do nothing but lie, cheat, and steal
the conservative do nothing but steal, cheat, then lie

it is important... they do it in a different order.. major difference

*the republican strategy
wait for democrats to f up
pounce

I hope the SCOTUS wife got her money
easy day...

After all how did the republican party
1)get four americans killed
2) order IRS to target political opponents
3)order NSA to XXXXX

the scandals are because of broken trust from rulers following game theory on power...No one cares over what party is doing it.. some are starting to see the numbers and how every one of them is playing the people..

the truth of the matter ... You want to know where responsibility lies for all of it...

Go to the bathroom where your at..

Look in that shiny reflective thing...

that is who screwed up america

Do not blame me
I voted for Kent Walls as a write in candidate in every choice this last election

Except for constable... I did not want that job

Helping americans walk through the autopsy of their dogma from a hit and run with Karma.. since 1978

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Thanks for the information on "Operation Wide Receiver", as I was not familiar with it.

Unfortunately, it didn't keep Obama from using an Executive Order to keep from handing over documentation from the DOJ regarding Fast and Furious and their level of knowledge on it and I know for a fact that Holder lied about WHEN he became aware of the program. I viewed transcripts of him talking about it in speeches after he denied having known about it at all.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

The whole world knew? Care to explain exactly how? Gut feeling? That seems like a legit way to handle an international crisis. Screw facts, let's just go with our gut feeling...that always works out well.

By noon on September 12th, I had already viewed an Al Qaeda video that was released on September 10th, telling Libyan Muslims that they should "kill the crusaders of drone attacks". Many, many articles came out in the press about it within only a few days after the terrorist attack. For Obama, Clinton and Rice to drag out the Muslim religious video as an excuse for an entire month afterward was inexcusable. It was clear that they were trying to protect the upcoming election and Obama's foreign policy on drone attacks.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412
reply to post by neo96

No doubt:

That is some role model.

I was just thinking about that myself, what does it profit a person to so adamantly defend Obama?

Money comes to mind, if not money what?

Blind faith?

Naw

Brainwashed?

What?

We are bombarded daily by the propaganda machine the only saving grace is , I can't remember what happened yesterday.

TY Jesus
edit on 023131p://bWednesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

On October 26, 2009, a teleconference was held at the Department of Justice in Washington, D.C

Washington DC DOJ Holder.

So Yeah

??? And three sentences down from that very paragraph you provided...

Those at the meeting apparently did not suggest using the "gunwalking" tactic, but Phoenix ATF supervisors would soon use it in an attempt to achieve the desired goals

BS much??

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join