It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have had enough of this society

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I have had enough. I think that sometimes we will reach a point where enough is enough. And I think this is the point.

Now allow me to be more precise, I'm 16 years old, and no this is not the disappointed teenager post that didn't get the iPhone he deserved thread. This is something quite different. I'm not a spoiled rich kid and I do not act like it. To continue with what I was talking about previously, what is the matter with this world, with this system, with adults? Allow me to paint you a picture of how things look from my perspective.

They call me stupid only because I refuse to be like the others. I refuse to be part of the molding process in which they create obedient soldiers smart enough to operate the machines but dumb enough to not realize what is happening around them and what is being served to them. My peers call me insane for reading books, being interested in "politics", philosophy, history, sociology, economy, web developing, programming and reading a lot on those subjects. They call me insane for presenting theories and opinions different that the ones the media presents. And that is why I have to pretend to be dumb, in order to be accepted as an equal member of this society? Now I'm not trying to say that I'm smarter than the others, but as much as I don't want to overestimate myself and my abilities, I also don't want to underestimate myself.

The education system is terrible and we all know that. They are not trying to motivate people and reward creativity and thinking that differs, but rather they are punishing it. Everything you do has to be inside of the box that they have set for you.
Half of the subjects they teach, are useless later on in life. What I'm trying to say over here is that we should have more freedom in choosing what subjects we want to learn. I was labeled as insane by my own mother because I told her that half the things she refers to as food causes cancer. I'm judged for not picking a side in politics only because there is no side and the only thing we have is the illusion of choice and freedom. I am constantly judged by the music I listen to, because it is not commercial.

I'm tired of superficial judgements, prejudice, stereotypes. I'm tired of this society and I'm sorry if I have made you tired with my complaints, I just needed to blow off some steam.
My native language is not English and I have never lived in a country where English is spoken. So forgive me if I have made any mistakes.
My apologies and best regards to all of you.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyJohn4578

Welcome to life as an adult!

As you grow older, you'll realize that the world around you is a wild, crazy place, full of danger and hostilities...

...you'll also learn to make the best of what you've been dealt, and just be happy.

Learn everything about everything...don't let others discourage the process...they are products of the system.

I applaud your first steps of awareness.

edit on 31-7-2013 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Remember, people that aren't intelligent or interested as much as you will sometimes belittle you or resort to name calling. Its just their way of putting you in their place. They need to tear you down in order to feel good by comparison. Its a compliment, actually.

The hardest thing to do sometimes is to know you know more than somebody else and resist the temptation to prove it.

Keep learning on your own.

Don't judge others for not seeing things the way you do.

Don't over react. Thats what they want. Don't succumb to their way of thinking. What matters is you satisfying your intuitive search for the truth.

You're doing fine. Good rant.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I think that was a beautiful post Op.

I myself have had to basically "dumb down" as well. It astonishes me that so many people keep their blinders firmly attached to their perception of reality.

You obviously have made the right choice by choosing a free thinking community(more or less, sometimes...lol) such as ATS and I applaud your first thread.

Just remember, your not alone.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
A fine rant!

Terrence McKenna said that our present society is the result of 10,000 years of bad behavior.

Keep up your pursuit of knowledge and observation. To quote the great Alfred North Whitehead:
There is only one subject matter for education, and that is Life in all its manifestations.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Oh, .. so your a Non Conformist .. . .

Welcome to OUR World.

Some things to make note of. . .. ...

Never Subscribe yourself to systems that rely on the sheep to maintain control.
Never tell Anyone that you Do Not subscribe.
Never try to lead the pack as you will be singled out for target practice.
Never tell Anyone that you have a weapon.
Never make yourself available to "Wrong Place Wrong Time" circumstances.
And Never, Never tell the Police that they can't see your I.D. because they didn't witness you commit a Felony.

These are basic rules that will keep you alive in this rabid society and aid in Non Conformity Indefinitely.

edit on 31-7-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Heh, stick around, it gets much MUCH "better"

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Awww now OP, you're supposed to be having the time of your life! This is that real magic period in life where you know everything and your parents get lessons from you on a regular basis about it. lol....

Just think, in a couple more years? The Parental Units eject you from warmth and shelter to help show all that wisdom is just God's way of having a little fun and letting us all think we know enough as teens to enjoy it.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Nice rant and recalling those days when I was (about) 16, I can identify...

Of course, my experience was a long, long, long time ago and considering how things have changed, it was indeed in a galaxy far, far away.

The gripes then were (naturally) the war in Vietnam, the way African-Americans were treated in segregated states, the way our president ignored the pleas of the nation so as to pursue his agenda.

Today, the war has a different name... the black community still sees itself in the same conditions as then, though I have to disagree there. But we still have presidents that turn away from those who elected them and a young generation that is learning how to vote, that is growing more discontent by the day.

But all of that said, I wish I could go back now to a point that arrived post-Vietnam where there was a glimmer of hope... or right after the fall of the Iron Curtain when the world woke one morning with some genuine hope.

Today, it is just less and less for the average person... with no real prospect of any improvement in the foreseeable future. That's because that future is no longer in your hands... and you're smart enough to know that. You realize how it should be... how it could be but also, what it is not and never likely to be so long as we go on down this regrettable path.

Politics is one of the most destructive, divisional and shallow things ever conceived by our species. Someday, I hope we can set aside the party/platform system and place the responsibility back into the hands of the individual... both in voting and getting elected.

S&F... keep your chin up. Never surrender.

edit on 31-7-2013 by redoubt because: typos

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
There is absolutely nothing wrong with you. You care. Thats important. Stay true to yourself, and realize you can't convert nor change the world. (like food and Mom and cancer). Just keep fighting the good fight.

As you get older Im sure you will realize that we all feel and felt at 16 much of the same things. Different ideas, foods, practices, music. (The BEATLES appearance in our world made our parents think we were worshipping Satan). Nothings any different now-a-days. If anything, its still the same.

Be your own person, know when to smile at someone who wont listen to you, and when to DROP IT. With some, theres just no changing them. So dont try.

In this world...."Be the change YOU wish to see". Peace MS

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyJohn4578
I have had enough. I think that sometimes we will reach a point where enough is enough. And I think this is the point.

Now allow me to be more precise, I'm 16 years old, and no this is not the disappointed teenager post that didn't get the iPhone he deserved thread. This is something quite different. I'm not a spoiled rich kid and I do not act like it. To continue with what I was talking about previously, what is the matter with this world, with this system, with adults? Allow me to paint you a picture of how things look from my perspective.

They call me stupid only because I refuse to be like the others. I refuse to be part of the molding process in which they create obedient soldiers smart enough to operate the machines but dumb enough to not realize what is happening around them and what is being served to them. My peers call me insane for reading books, being interested in "politics", philosophy, history, sociology, economy, web developing, programming and reading a lot on those subjects. They call me insane for presenting theories and opinions different that the ones the media presents.

My God. You sound precisely like me at that age. Let me give you one piece of advice, that has kept me rooted for nigh on twelve years. Insanity is the only logical response to a world gone mad. That does not mean that you are insane, it merely means that the things you do may appear to others to be mad, while being totally logical. The thing is, that it takes a certain intellect to interact with the subject matter and the modes of thought which allow a person to peer beyond the thin veil, which has been drawn about this modern age by its progenitors. No wonder then that you feel isolated by your insight.

And that is why I have to pretend to be dumb, in order to be accepted as an equal member of this society? Now I'm not trying to say that I'm smarter than the others, but as much as I don't want to overestimate myself and my abilities, I also don't want to underestimate myself.

I dont know that you and I have ever interacted directly on this site, but just from reading this post, I get the impression that you are probably smarter than you believe yourself to be. I would say that pretending to be dumb does not help things. It is better to be who you truely are, and suffer the ills that result from that, than to hide your true nature, and to suffer the compressive effects of the lie you tell to others by not shining at your highest possible output. Be the person you are inside, speak your truth, let everyone you have ever met, know that you have within you great truths, and insights beyond your years. Be the truth you seek.

The education system is terrible and we all know that. They are not trying to motivate people and reward creativity and thinking that differs, but rather they are punishing it. Everything you do has to be inside of the box that they have set for you.
Half of the subjects they teach, are useless later on in life. What I'm trying to say over here is that we should have more freedom in choosing what subjects we want to learn. I was labeled as insane by my own mother because I told her that half the things she refers to as food causes cancer. I'm judged for not picking a side in politics only because there is no side and the only thing we have is the illusion of choice and freedom. I am constantly judged by the music I listen to, because it is not commercial.

On the food issue, you will learn in the next ten years, that anything can kill you, and most everything is rumoured to cause cancer, dependant on which research you happen to read. The climate of fear, designed to make you listen and attend to the words of the establishment, does not stop at the word of government sources.

I'm tired of superficial judgements, prejudice, stereotypes. I'm tired of this society and I'm sorry if I have made you tired with my complaints, I just needed to blow off some steam.
My native language is not English and I have never lived in a country where English is spoken. So forgive me if I have made any mistakes.

You have nothing to apologise for. You are an example of a young person who has flicked aside the curtain of lies that covers a multitude of sins, by governments and organisations on this planet. With regard to your use of the English language, let me tell you from the perspective of a British citizen, there are many born in my nation, who cannot SPEAK as well as you write. Never do yourself down or doubt your prowess. You are a titan amongst insects dear chap, never doubt it for a second.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Your English is excellent. It's almost unbelievable that it isn't your first language, but I sense that you're no normal 16 year old. I think you're probably a genius and have to dumb down in order to just have some people around you. The only thing I have to offer to help you is to please try to understand human nature (of the common man). Read up on the history of mankind, of the governments, the wars, the gullible masses... Nothing has changed in over 6,000 years. I'm hoping it will help you accept that you can't change what has always been, but you can understand it. And, understanding will take away some of the frustration you're feeling. Life: It is what it is.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

They call me stupid only because I refuse to be like the others. I refuse to be part of the molding process in which they create obedient soldiers smart enough to operate the machines but dumb enough to not realize what is happening around them and what is being served to them. My peers call me insane for reading books, being interested in "politics", philosophy, history, sociology, economy, web developing, programming and reading a lot on those subjects. They call me insane for presenting theories and opinions different that the ones the media presents. And that is why I have to pretend to be dumb, in order to be accepted as an equal member of this society? Now I'm not trying to say that I'm smarter than the others, but as much as I don't want to overestimate myself and my abilities, I also don't want to underestimate myself.

The difference between you at 16 and me at 40 is perspective. I, for example, don't care about being called stupid. When I was 16, I did. I am at a point now where I do my thing. People who want to make money utilize that "thing" that I do.

Don't pretend to be dumb. Be different. Nothing wrong with that. Becuase if you don't, all you are doing is being part of that machine that you are complaining about.
Being different IS your blue pill. And not different for the sake of being different, but rather just being genuine.

They aren't useless. What you learn enables you to blend into the society that you, as a human, must function within. That is the purpose of life: to live here, according to "heres" rules.

And stop with this whining about being judged. I sit in my corner office and listen to Bullet For My Valentine, Slipknot, and Beastie Boys for 12 hours a day. With the subwoofer on. Come at me bro.

They all just walk by and shake their heads, usually with a chuckle. Me being different is what makes me valuable to them....and they cherish it.

I dont blame you for being tired of such things. So opt out. Quit caring, and you will no longer suffer the burden that causes you to be tired.

You are what we, here, call "precocious". Don't let that get tainted with "brooding".

edit on 31-7-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

Oh, .. so your a Non Conformist .. . .

Welcome to OUR World.

Best response on this thread of great responses.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
What a wonderful, introspective, intelligent young person you are. I think you'll find many of us on ATS had similar experiences as teens and continue to find ourselves in similar situations as adults.

Trust me, I'm in the corporate world, and I smile and laugh and "fit in" to a small degree, so I keep my job, get promotions, whatever, to make a living. It really gets me that I am allowing myself to compromise myself so much, but I've built a world based on mortgages, car loans and what have you. So now I'm kind of stuck -- at least for now. And I smile.

You will find people in the non virtual world to talk with, share with, who are awake or awakening.

Live your life as you see fit. Don't get sucked into too much of the system if you can help it.

When down, come to ATS and there will always be someone here (or someones) who will give you a wider perspective and help you stay strong and awake and centered. Best of luck!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Thank you very much!
I'm really grateful for your support and it really means a lot to me, you know.
I know that this world is a messed up place and it's hard surviving. I have lots of friends and I'm quite popular actually, but sincerely I can't talk to any of them about anything other than superficial topics(Mainly why I joined this community
) . Sometimes it's hard not having anyone to debate or share your opinion with. And the reason why I have to pretend and actually stick with that group of friends and not befriend anyone who understands me a bit better is that that will probably lead to something worse.

Till 5-6th grade I was constantly bullied because of the grades I was getting, and being above average in school but then I stopped. I had to stop because something had to change. Now I'm average, I know I can do much better but I choose to be average only to fit in with the crowd that is considered as "cool" and not get bullied. I haven't been bullied since then and right now to be honest I can't get bullied since I have made a few powerful friends that are here to help if I need it.
I guess that's the price I have to pay in order to survive.
I know I could have gone much better grades that could've got me scholarships on some great universities outside my country (since the higher learning institutions are really worthless over here, actually the whole education system is terrible) but now that is kind of impossible.
Even though I clearly stated my opinion on the education system in my opening post, but there isn't any other way to get recognized in this world without having a proper education.

What I really am sorry the most about is that I have an IQ of 143(not trying to brag just making a point) and not being able to show my potential to the world, maybe I can when the people around me grow up and become mature, but it seems that by then, it will be too late.
Thank you again, it really means a lot and if I can ever help you with anything, just ask.

edit on 1-8-2013 by JohnnyJohn4578 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I'd wager most of the people on this site have to dumb down a lot in real life.... Can't scare the normals too much, you know? That's the nice thing about living in the country. Toss a cowboy hat on and some boots, and people automatically make the wrong assumptions.
Meanwhile, I'm slowly preparing for the capability of going off the grid, or at least surviving with a decent quality of life when everything goes to crap.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I understand the motivation to retreat inside a shell of mediocrity, but I would advise strongly against it unless your life is in danger. When I was at school, I did poorly because I had to concentrate hard on defending myself, keeping an ear out for someone approaching from behind, or unfolding a penknife, lifting a chair to strike me with it. If you are not in that danger, if you are not being threatened with anything more serious than teasing, I would reconsider your approach.

It is one thing to use your understanding to defend yourself, but if that is not necessary, then please think hard about what will come later. I missed out on many opertunities because my attention was focused on my physical defenses. It had to be, or else I might not be here communicating with you. But if I had the option to do otherwise, without compromising my mortal existence, I would have concentrated on my lessons more than the actions of my classmates.

As it is, although I survived a pretty tough existence back then, I was hamstrung by that necessity to focus myself on other matters, when what I wanted to be doing was learning, preparing for college and university. Both those things are dreams I never managed to attain through one thing and another, but it all starts where you are now. Just think about it.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Do the best you can with where you are and what you have. Keep positive and open to draw positive experiences, resources, people to yourself. Read, read, read!!! Get books, CDs, online programs, read and expand all parts of your life--science, art, writing, music, business--whatever. Just learn and connect the dots. Perhaps you'll start seeing where you can add value and either train for a career of YOUR choosing, or perhaps come up with an entrepreneurial idea that you can start small and build up.

While I did go to a private college, I didn't get to attend until I was 25. No money, no support, no car, and had my son at 20. My employer paid for my school, so I worked my butt off for 5 years while working full time and being a mom, and going to college and studying on my off hours. It was hard. I did it because I wasn't sure what else I could do to increase my income and provide a better, safer life my little one. But I gave up a lot of my younger years with no free time, and not a lot of time for my child either (which I regret).

I wish I had been strong and brave enough back then (or had someone who would have encouraged me a bit) to think about starting my own little business and staying out of the corporate world, pursuing writing or art or something else that had my heart and passion.

So, you are young, you have brains, time, and are awake and aware, so think about what will bring you peace and joy, give you money to live well enough to your liking and will make the world a better place in some large or small way. Good luck!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Thank you very much!
I'm really grateful for your support and it really means a lot to me, you know.
I know that this world is a messed up place and it's hard surviving. I have lots of friends and I'm quite popular actually, but sincerely I can't talk to any of them about anything other than superficial topics(Mainly why I joined this community
) . Sometimes it's hard not having anyone to debate or share your opinion with. And the reason why I have to pretend and actually stick with that group of friends and not befriend anyone who understands me a bit better is that that will probably lead to something worse.

Till 5-6th grade I was constantly bullied because of the grades I was getting, and being above average in school but then I stopped. I had to stop because something had to change. Now I'm average, I know I can do much better but I choose to be average only to fit in with the crowd that is considered as "cool" and not get bullied. I haven't been bullied since then and right now to be honest I can't get bullied since I have made a few powerful friends that are here to help if I need it.
I guess that's the price I have to pay in order to survive.
I know I could have gone much better grades that could've got me scholarships on some great universities outside my country (since the higher learning institutions are really worthless over here, actually the whole education system is terrible) but now that is kind of impossible.
Even though I clearly stated my opinion on the education system in my opening post, but there isn't any other way to get recognized in this world without having a proper education.

What I really am sorry the most about is that I have an IQ of 143(not trying to brag just making a point) and not being able to show my potential to the world, maybe I can when the people around me grow up and become mature, but it seems that by then, it will be too late.
Thank you again, it really means a lot and if I can ever help you with anything, just ask.

We all got "friends" like that!
Society is in decline, and people are moving backwards. I say learn how to hunt, fish and forage. Then learn how to garden, and build shelters. Then you wont need society, that is a simple life right there. Just living off the land. You seem like a very smart kid, so start to learn those things. Learn survival without running water and electricty. Learn how to snare small animals. Learn how to hunt with a bow. Learn to make the bow! and the arrows to go with it.

You sound a lot like me when I was your age. I didnt do the norm. I hated school as well. As you grow up you start to learn that is the only way to make it. Go to expinsive school, aquire debt, get job pay off debt for a long time. Pay bills, work to pay bills, get a car, get a wife, get a high paying, high stress job. This is what is expected of you.

Dont learn to hunt and fish, and forage and make your own shelter. You will be deamed crazy!

Society these days is all messed up. We scream to be united, and we scream on social websites like these hundreds if not hundreds of thousand miles apart from one another. We have it wrong. We have our gov. taking care of us. Meat is available on every shelf and we dont have to worry about that.

One day though, we wont be like this, but I dont think in my life time I will get to see it. Its a shame. I would love for corporations to fall, credit going back to zero, chaos, death then silence. Silence on once busy streets that held crime and poverty. Then and only then when those comforts are taken away will we unite, help eachother.

Once those possessions are gone, we will stop being greedy and then start taking care of one another. Thats just me being crazy again. Sorry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join