It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina: eVote glitch may force a re-vote!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
More than 4,500 votes irretrievably lost in coastal Carteret County could trigger a new statewide election if the official margin of victory in two Council of State races is close enough, state election officials said Monday. The problem, which one expert called one of the worst election glitches nationwide, occurred on a machine that wasn't set correctly. ...The maker of Carteret's push-button voting machines, UniLect Corp., acknowledges it told county officials the machines would hold more than 10,000 votes. The machines actually held 3,005 because the computer software had not been updated.

Charlotte Observer

At some point it has to be acknowledged that sufficent time was given to ensure transparency and federal certification, as well as audit trail contingencies, on all of this....yet was willfuly left to a last minute, unaccountable scramble.

Why?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Bout Time, The problem is the deep distrust amoung Republicans and Democrats. For to long there have been acts of voter fraud by both parties, neither one wants to give an inch. Democrats cry foul, Republicans cry foul, yet nothing changes. For those who lose an election, they cry loudest that something needs to be done. The problem with technology is that it sometimes breaks down at the wrong time. I agree that some type of audit trail should be used, however, here in Maryland, the Republicans wanted it and the Democrats didn't. Maryland is a blue state because of Baltimore City, Prince Georges county, Montgomery county, and Baltimore County. the rest of the state tends to be red. This election, Howard county and charles county were slightly blue. It all depends on the color of the state you are in on who wants an audit and who don't.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
When you say force a re-vote BT I wonder if you have read something that would describe the proceedures or mandate for a re-vote? I have done a lot of research into the electronic voting debacle, but I haven't come across anything 'official' about a re-vote, if you have some more info I'd love to read it!

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I think the re-vote would only be for the two Council of State races.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I doubt it could change the presidential race, also didn't Kerry concede so he can't do anything no matter what?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Huria86
I doubt it could change the presidential race, also didn't Kerry concede so he can't do anything no matter what?

As has been reported frequently, not legally binding. If the Bush margin continues to erode on a daily basis as it has been, Kerry could sue as late as December (assuming he even has to the way Bush phantom votes are dropping like flies).

If one state (like Ohio) gets within the manditory recount margin or enough "error" is documented to invalidate the whole vote (as NC seems close to doing), then forget about Nov. 2 or anything said or done since.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Rant,

You hope and dreams are falling apart, In New Mexico, out of the 9000 ballots that were provisional, what the Dem governor said would take Kerry over the top, 4000 have been dismissed as being fraudlent. wanna guess who they were for? yep Kerry. 3,000 have been allowed 52-48 Bush wins these, while the last 3000 are still being looked at. New Mexico will remain in the Bush column.

a Kerry Campaign worker stated in the Boston Globe that they lost and no matter how you looked at it, Kerry just plain out lost.

Get over it, 4 more years of your hatred for Bush to fester.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
If you are so convinced that Bush won legitimately, then how can you proove it? Can we actually count tangible votes cast, or do we have to rely on electronic data created on machines owned by republican interests?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I personally don't care, If you want to waste your democratic money on trying to find this out, then go for it. But I don't think you will see federal money coming your way.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
I personally don't care

You seem to care. In fact, given that you're the most consistent repeat poster in every single vote analysis thread contributing little more than...

Get over it

Over and over and over and over, I'd say you care alot.

About what, nobody is quite sure. I've seen you say both sides cheated, so "get over it." I've seen you say even without cheating for Bush, he still would have won so "get over it."

Now asked to prove Bush won, given huge discrepancies revealed in paper and e-voting, not to mention exit polls... you "personally don't care."

Let's go with that. You don't care. You have better things to do. Please do.

Here's the Cryptozoology Forum. Go bother them with your stated lack of concern.

As for anything else you have to say on the subject of voting fraud...

Originally posted by RANT
Get over it

Because...

I personally don't care

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It's obvious that the things I have written has struck a cord in you. You are a true liberal, you don't want any discourse, you only want to scream "we are the intellectuals, we can't lose," or "Bush is a liar" or even "Republicans are idiots." You don't want free speech, You don't want open discourse, you want to live in a world where everyone is just like you. why don't you go here, your pals where no one will offer any other ideas or thoughts.

Face it, you can't stand that you lost, you are grasping at straws, and you hoped that American's would lose their lives in Iraq becuase it was good for Kerry. you should be ashamed of yourself, but I forgot, you don't care about the military.

I came to this site because I liked the forums, but it's not the only place on the internet. If you want me gone, then just say it and I will find another place to post.

I have a lot to offer the other forums, having access to documents and information that you can't get to. I got the badge that gets me in, but heck, why should you care, I'm a conservative Republican.

[edit on 10/11/04 by jrsdls]

[edit on 10/11/04 by jrsdls]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I have a lot to offer the other forums, having access to documents and information that you can't get to. I got the badge that gets me in, but heck, why should you care, I'm a conservative Republican.

What the heck are talking about now? You've got a badge? Is it made of tin foil? Super.

I don't care what you have to offer, I just commented on what you've been offering non-stop for a week. Nothing.

"Get over it."

Now you've added that you don't care, so go with it if you want. Of course you can keep posting "get over it" over and over and over and over if you like. Still a free country. For now.

But the only person that seems intent of disrupting discourse on the matter of the election right now is you.

Here's my point. If anyone wants to post threads you don't like for the next four years, you are just going to have to get over it. You're free to stick your nose in every single one of them and complain, but at a certain point expect to rightfully be told you're annoying.

As for the rest of your persecution complex garbage, three more words you know so well...

Get over it.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
nope, my badge is not made out of tin-foil. It's actually made out of plastic with a magnetic strip on it that get's me into, NSA, CIA, DIA, National Archives Classified area's, and other Intelligence related facilities. access it such a great thing to have.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

What the heck are talking about now? You've got a badge? Is it made of tin foil? Super.

I don't care what you have to offer, I just commented on what you've been offering non-stop for a week. Nothing.

"Get over it."

Now you've added that you don't care, so go with it if you want. Of course you can keep posting "get over it" over and over and over and over if you like. Still a free country. For now.

But the only person that seems intent of disrupting discourse on the matter of the election right now is you.

Here's my point. If anyone wants to post threads you don't like for the next four years, you are just going to have to get over it. You're free to stick your nose in every single one of them and complain, but at a certain point expect to rightfully be told you're annoying.

As for the rest of your persecution complex garbage, three more words you know so well...

Get over it.

You havent offered anything either. Posting fantasies about Kerry somehow coming back and taking the presidency is a waste of everyone's time. Only intellectual dimwits rely on exit polls as evidence that Bush somehow stole the election. Republicans have real jobs and real lives and have better things to do than hang around polling places asking people who they voted for. First of all, it is none of their business. Second, liberals are going to report more for Kerry whether they have facts to back it up or not. All of you liberals need to get a grip and face reality. Bush is the President for another four years. I am so thankful we didnt end up with a traitor scumbag in the white house and thankfully the majority of intelligent Americans felt the same way. If Kerry can accept defeat....dont you think it is about time you do?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by fawlty
You havent offered anything either. Posting fantasies about Kerry somehow coming back and taking the presidency is a waste of everyone's time. Only intellectual dimwits rely on exit polls as evidence that Bush somehow stole the election. Republicans have real jobs and real lives and have better things to do than hang around polling places asking people who they voted for. First of all, it is none of their business. Second, liberals are going to report more for Kerry whether they have facts to back it up or not. All of you liberals need to get a grip and face reality. Bush is the President for another four years. I am so thankful we didnt end up with a traitor scumbag in the white house and thankfully the majority of intelligent Americans felt the same way. If Kerry can accept defeat....dont you think it is about time you do?

Thank you for the extended remix version of "Get Over It."

But this is the Political Conspiracies forum. It's for reality based political items of a controversial nature, that may be weighed for merit (on point) and either supported or refuted by supportive evidence and discussion.

While some of your post may allude to a point, practically the entire rant/rebuttal in all it's vitriol is ideological. Go post it here if you like. We have a forum for that. If you'd like a suggestion where you can further stick your assertion that "Republicans have real jobs" I started a thread just for you in Political Ideology.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Thank you for the extended remix version of "Get Over It."

That my pal, is some funny s***t!

On thread:

Twitch: those are the NC State election officials pondering that statewide re-vote. I can't see it being seperated out ( the federal portion) as it is one stop voting.

jrsdls: This, I repeat, is not a new argument - this was predicted and now it's come to pass. Please don't paint yourself as Bush Republican first, American second. Because guess what? There will be some other Scion of a ruling American Family that could by as much influence, and create a single issue focused zombie army of their own to be just as fascist as the Bush supporters
are now.

fawlty: "traitor scumbag"? Kerry? I wish you would post more often!

No really, we need to keep things focused on Candidate X vs Candidate Y so that the Establishment X gets away unscathed.

new topics

top topics

join