It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrest over mosque blast tattoo seen at Birmingham EDL rally

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

Dear Pinke,

Thank you, I'm in your debt. Much appreciated, now I know a little when I used to know nothing. You are hereby granted one free wish. Money back if not completely delighted.

Oh, I'm less interested in whether the government restricts speech fairly, than I am in the amount of speech that's restricted. Maybe Great Britain is still a wonderful place to visit or live.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

British police have expelled and arrested several Muslim protestors in relation to their support of terrorist organizations, so its not actually that one sided.

Hmmm.... couldn't they send "Tommy Robinson" back to Ireland? I know they might not be too keen on having him, but hey, we never asked his ancestors for him in the first place.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
reply to post by Rocker2013

The soccer hooligans and EDL lunatics are a very extreme minority. After the death of Lee Rigby, the far right had a surge of support from imbeciles across the country incapable of holding a logical opinion about anything.

My whole point was, that when I see English Soccer fans at games, there is so much adrenaline, energy, unification (well depending on who you are rooting for), and people all wanting the same outcome.

But when it comes to the UK Nanny State....everyone stays quiet and I don't here much about anyone fighting back. If that same energy could be harnessed from soccer fans, to fight what goes on in your country, you actually stand a chance replacing the Nanny state.

I understand there is for right, far left, edl, bad eggs, etc.....but that was not my point. It was more so Unification to replace the current Gov

Oh, I see, I just came to the wrong conclusion. Thanks for clearing that up, I get what you mean now.

When I read your post I immediately thought of EDL leader Tommy Robinson being involved in a football riot. I suppose I'm just used to the equation of EDL + Football = racist thug

Unfortunately, it's still a minority, even the average football fan who is passionate enough. Even if we had every football fan who attends games in the country on a protest, while it would be impressive to see it would still only be a fraction of the population. In all my thirty something years I have only ever known two people who actually go to any football games.

There have really only been a few times that I can remember when millions of people had similar views and we saw protests to reflect that. One was the Poll Tax riots of the 80's, again in the 90's against the war, another against Fox hunting, and then perhaps the student protests of recent years too.

I don't see anything like that coming our way again any time soon, because the people are too apathetic about our government now. There isn't a large enough group willing to agree on a single issue that I can see.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by Pinke

British police have expelled and arrested several Muslim protestors in relation to their support of terrorist organizations, so its not actually that one sided.

Hmmm.... couldn't they send "Tommy Robinson" back to Ireland? I know they might not be too keen on having him, but hey, we never asked his ancestors for him in the first place.

We never asked for the Muslims now or even the Germanics

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

Hang on, you're from Scotland. I'm pretty sure there are more Scot's in England than there are in Scotland. Do you want us to send them back too?

ps. Okay, upon checking, there were 800,000 recorded in 2001, just short of a fifth of your total population. How many other countriies have sent us a fifth of their population?

edit on 1-8-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376

reply to post by Pinke

We never asked for the Muslims now or even the Germanics

Pretty sure that people in India, Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Egypt, Kenya, South Africa etc. never asked for Brits, but # happens, suck it up chubby

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

reply to post by glen200376

Hang on, you're from Scotland. I'm pretty sure there are more Scot's in England than there are in Scotland. Do you want us to send them back too?

ps. Okay, upon checking, there were 800,000 recorded in 2001, just short of a fifth of your total population. How many other countriies have sent us a fifth of their population?

edit on 1-8-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)
Remember us Celts were here long before your warmongering,invader ancestors.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtooDetoo

It's you and your friend that are on about sending Tommy back to Ireland,pot,kettle black.
edit to add,I don't happen to be or called chubby and im pretty sure name calling is against terms and conditions.
edit on 4/9/2013 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join