It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Mars Rock?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Zoom to the center of this pic and i see a right angle box type structure, cant be natural. This thing was manufatured,theres no denying it.
P.s only people who can see should click on the link,cant post pic as you need adobe on p.c,which im not.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
For an extra point can anyone spot the blob of pooh?

And the translucent flower towards the top!
edit on 31-7-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added extra info

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

The color of the rock almost looks like the color and texture of rock formed in the presents of cyanobaccilus.
I'm thinking there was water on that planet at one time.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

If this is the "box-like" structure you are referring to, I think it is sadly just a rock with interesting mineral veins.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Can you see the right angled structure in the center?Do bacteria create right angled structures?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by evc1shop

If this is the "box-like" structure you are referring to, I think it is sadly just a rock with interesting mineral veins.

yes it is,thankyou for highlighting and posting.
It looks like compartments to me,double lined veins in rectangles must be a very rare occurance.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Normally I dont reply to these type of threads, because normally i can at least kind of see what the op is talking about.

With that being said when i open this image zoom in or even out all i can see is rocks.

Thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

What do you want to see? A space hopper perhaps? A dixie band? A ferari?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Certain mineral structures form right angle structures. Most of the time, minerals form better in the presence of water. That is why they are looking for rocky planets in space to evaluate if there is or was life/water on them. They figured that out a while back already.

I'm sure there are other ways minerals are formed but the presence of water makes it much more possible. The minerals could have come from somewhere else long ago, rocks falling from space is always a possibility. I don't know if mars meteorites would have the telltale signs of melting on them though because it's atmosphere is much thinner and they won't heat up as much.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse
reply to post by rickymouse

Can you see the right angled structure in the center?
Do bacteria create right angled structures?

No, but nature does. Ever hear of crystals? Salt? Quartz?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Yes because nature can't make a regular shape

Or can it, never assume what nature can and cannot do!!!
edit on 31-7-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The earth's geology is simply amazing and since the Mars surface geology seems to be in line with what we typically see on our own planet, you should take a look at some of the characteristic cleavage patterns found here. I looked up some on the University of Minnesota's web site. Take a look at the third paragraph here and see what they have to say about Potassium Feldspar then click some of the links in the right hand column and look at the cleavage for those minerals. Try Dolomite, Fluorite, Galena, Plagioclase Feldspar and Pyroxene and you will see that these angles do exist in nature and it wouldn't be too hard to extrapolate a plausible existence for what you saw in the photo.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

The artifact is not a regular shape nor is it a crystal. This is compelling evidence of an ancient civilisation on mars.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I dont think what you are pointing out is much other than maybe a vein in the rock. Yes, it is odd that it forms a 90 degree angle, but that is not beyond the possibilities of rock formation. If it is not caused by the rock vein, then what might have caused it?

Look at the bottom left hand corner of the image and tell me what you see there though.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

The artifact is not a regular shape nor is it a crystal. This is compelling evidence of an ancient civilisation on mars.

No it's not.....it's just an odd shaped rock.

If you were to find a rock on Mars similar to the one I've posted below....what would you make of that?......because it's a perfectly natural rock formation.

Rocks are just rocks....some look cool ........some don't.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

You must admit this pic is nothing like my artifact. A perfect example of manufactured order embedded in natural chaos.
I really can not understand people who says the artifact is natural.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
If scientists discovered anything that appeared to be a manufactured artifact on Mars, then NASA would see a sudden increase in funding that would usher in a new age of space exploration. Unfortunately, all they have found so far are ordinary rocks like the one in the picture. There is no compelling evidence here.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Have you ever been outside and looked at rocks, dirt and other natural things?
Seriously, you should try it, you'll be amazed at whats out there.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonrunner
Have you ever been outside and looked at rocks, dirt and other natural things?
Seriously, you should try it, you'll be amazed at whats out there.
ok i will bite..... show me a natral formation which looks anything like the artifact. It looks like a fossilised jewelry box. The top as been disconectet from the main body. Deny ignorance.
Also notice the blob on the rock bottom centerish.

This artifact really is the smoking gun.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
No box, no actual 90 degree angles:

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join