It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do NOT allow your elderly loved ones or children to fly on airplanes!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
Actually, the op is good.
Did you know in the 60's, pilots weren't living past 60.....then in 76 or so they protected the flight deck from the radar with more shielding....didn't work by the 1980 mark....
plus stewardesses had 7 times the normal miscarriage rate...

get off this thread! we DON'T WANT TRUTH!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust
reply to post by Grimpachi

All I hear is

blah blah blah.

I agree that's all I see you typing.

I refuse to believe you want to be taken serious. You have yet to provide any thing that would show us that you are being serious.

From under the bridge he came. lalalala

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

I've spelled everything out at the level of a 9th grader already. There's not much more I can possibly do. If you find it difficult, I suggest you go to CNN.com. I think they write at an average of a 5th grade level, but I'll have to double check on that to be sure.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I think we should all hide in holes in the ground! I think it's the only safe place. Of course, not in direct contact with the dirty, dirty, dirt and bugs and worms because those will kill you. But dig a hole, brick it in with natural stones (no cinder block, because they're RADIOACTIVE), and crawl down in there and never come out. It's the only way to be sure!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dorkfish87

Do you know anything about science? You probably don't judging from your responses. The scientific evidence has already been given to you. It's up to you guys to see it or not.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

If you understood it then it would be easy for you to debunk my science, but you can't and you haven't...because you can't.

What science??

Sorry mate....I've been here for quite a while now, and I've seen people like you come and go over the years, it's amusing really
......fantastic claims require fantastic evidence.....you've provided none.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

So this is what I get for being successfully snared into derailing my own thread, right? Good job and shame on me. That's why I thought I learned in the past not to get so easily roped in, but I guess I do like the temptation of exposing others' ignorance too. Hey I'm human.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Actually yes, I've a degree in microbiology, I have a very good grasp of science. I also have a good grasp of debates.

Making a statement based on pseudoscience has become popular around here thanks to you and your ilk. Try finding evidence to support your claims, and post links to these studies. Even a 5th grader would understand that.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

You need either concrete of dirt, about 7 feet above you to survive the coming solar storm of the eon. If you live in a mobile home, you're going to get fried with Xrays. In your cars, etc.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Are you Zaphod's backup now?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I've spelled everything out at the level of a 9th grader already. There's not much more I can possibly do. If you find it difficult, I suggest you go to CNN.com. I think they write at an average of a 5th grade level, but I'll have to double check on that to be sure.

It's okay mate...really...it's okay

I understand that you have come here to troll and annoy, and I understand that you now know that you have made fundamental mistakes in your OP, and I also know that it can be embarrassing to have to admit that you were and are wrong and that you have no way of answering the points I made in my earlier post without making yourself look even more foolish............all of this I understand

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dorkfish87

You should study more of logical fallacies then.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

You're not hiding the fact that you can't debunk my science, it's just more evident with every post you make. Expect a lashing from your boss tomorrow for your terrible performance.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well that was fun, y'all. I'm not going to be roped in any more. If you don't get what I've said that's on you not me.

ttfn

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Don't get mad that you have been found out. Honestly how long did you think you would get away with starting bunk threads with no evidence so you could just sit back and laugh at those who fell for it.

Anyone who has seen your other threads knows your MO.

I think some of you other threads are in hoax at this point. I may not be a scientist but I know when I have seen science you have yet to show any.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

You're not hiding the fact that you can't debunk my science, it's just more evident with every post you make. Expect a lashing from your boss tomorrow for your terrible performance.

I debunked your "science" with my first two posts......I asked you to respond......you couldn't.....case closed.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Yes, I read it, it basicaly said that the pilots have the same risk factor as people working in nuclear power plants. I'm not worried about radiation that much myself, a little is good for you. I'd work in a nuclear power plant, it's no big deal. I have read recent government reports myself about this issue and they stated that sometimes the effects can be worse depending on the state of the body. If I remember right it had to do with high phosphorous or potassium levels in the body absorbing the radiation. I look at medical research to find solutions to problems, I don't look at them as tools to prove something to others. So if you are a pilot, just don't eat too many peas or potatoes. Eat more fish

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Well, these things are not called radiation sickness when it shows up in pilots, stewardess, or astronauts. The diseases are instead called:

-Cancer
-Tumors (whether benign or malignant)
-Non-malignant thyroid nodular disease

Etc. Etc. People really are rather mean and rude, and it's a sound OP, imho.

Diseases Associated with Ionizing Radiation

Radiation as a Risk Factor of Cardiovascular Disease

Radiation Disease - Here are the symptoms and causes

Much, much more to worry in this regard than just flying. Sheesh.

Cirque

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Sorry dude but no one is saying radiation isn't bad, what we are asking for is evidence that we should not allow kids or the elderly on to planes because the radiation they will be exposed to kills them.
I checked your links and not one mentions plane travel.

Airline pilots and stewardess have a 1% increase in the chance of getting cancer in their lifetime.
A trip to Mars would increase the chance of getting cancer by 3% for the astronaut.

news.nationalpost.com...
edit on 31-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Well, these things are not called radiation sickness when it shows up in pilots, stewardess, or astronauts. The diseases are instead called:
-Cancer -Tumors (whether benign or malignant)
-Non-malignant thyroid nodular disease Etc. Etc.
People really are rather mean and rude, and it's a sound OP, imho.

It's not a "sound" OP at all imho

Care to show us any evidence that pilots or cabin crew suffer significantly more from cancer, tumors etc.?......because the OP'er couldn't.

Also the OP'er claimed.....no begged!!....that we should stop elderly people and children from taking day time flights......he then claimed that airlines routinely avoid flying through anomalous radiation prone areas!......do you see the chink in his/her argument there?

So no....in my opinion...it was anything but a sound OP.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join