It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man beats traffic ticket with dashcam evidence then sues town.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
reply to post by NOTurTypical

That may be true but I always heard that they dont enforce it if it changes while you are in the intersection...much like they generally give you a 5mph cushion above the speed limit before they enforce it and pull you over. Obviously this cop was the exception to the rule then.

edit on 1-8-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

Well, its all subjective at that point. And what generally happens is that the cop will follow the person for a period of time a d see if they make a subsequent violation, or have lights out, or expired license plates et cetra. This officer felt the man in the truck had crossed the white line a couple times so most likely he pulled him over at that point to see if he could smell alcohol or see glossy/bloodshot eyes to have probable cause for a FST. If the man in the truck had been respectful most likely he would have been released with a warning about the stop light violation.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by th3onetruth
reply to post by abeverage

Click here for more information.

Do not call me names, you asked a question and I answered it...There are people who don't know what NWO stands for.
edit on 2/8/13 by JAK because: Edited in T&C compliant quote

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I fitted my own dashcam over a year ago and have recorded many instances of bad driving, as well as a couple of near misses caused by other drivers. It is also for my own protection should the need arise in the event of any alleged traffic violation. It also has full GPS location data and rolling map for all journeys, as well as 3 axis detection of any bumps / jolts. Good tool and cost less than my insurance excess!

Now, as a means of possible protection against alleged traffic violations, I'd like to see maybe an alternative to recording on it's onboard memory card, perhaps to a hard wired encrypted drive bolted in a tamperproof enclosure within the car. After all, although police vehicles have dashcams fitted, how many serious cases do we see against the police where the dashcam footage of their own vehicles mysteriously "disappears" before anything goes to court. Having possible defence material on an easily accessible memory card leaves it open to theft by a bent police officer to cover themselves.

Sad state of affairs that we even have to consider such things these days, but as I think many of us have already seen, the cops can be worse than even many of the supposed criminals!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Originally posted by th3onetruth
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

why does every dashcam have NWO then a number...

You honestly don't know what NWO is an abbreviation for?

Do you honestly think that in this case "NWO" next to the dashcam number means what you think it does? Now I'm not calling you names like what's his face up there, but to even suggest that this dashcam is associated with your favorite conspiracy is just plain silliness.

And for the record, using a dashcam is quite common practice in Russia where both cops and insurance companies are corrupt.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Cop lies in court. That will not help future cases with a jury if he testifies for whatever reason.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Seriously?

Oh brother...all I said was

You honestly don't know what NWO is an abbreviation for?

It was tongue in cheek. But while we are back on this subject enlighten me to the reason there is the NWO on the cam please.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Much more likely NW stands for NorthWest then New World

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

It depends on the intersection, the road, the road conditions, etc. If it's a dangerous intersection, they're more likely to get you for being in the intersection when it turns red. If it's not, they look the other way most times. In our case, we get a lot more leeway, because if the light goes yellow and I'm within about 100 feet of the intersection, there's no way in hell I'm stopping, not because I don't want to, but it's physically impossible to stop a 70 foot vehicle weighing over 35,000 lbs empty that fast.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join