It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

XKeyscore: NSA tool collects 'nearly everything a user does on the internet' - With Slides

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

Better to use a proxy then start a virtual machine and then use a proxy through your proxy.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Has America become the new Soviet Union..
It's almost as if they have switched places.

i used to look up to America.. now I am ashamed of them and my own government the UK

We are the problem...

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Training materials for the XKeyscore program detail how analysts can use it and other systems to mine enormous agency databases and develop intelligence from the web.
reply to post by xavi1000

I just had to comment on the above sentence. Somehow, I find the word "intelligence" in the same discussion with the web and the government to be an oxymoron.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Damn.. Thanks for the post.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I must be retarded and slow.

I still cannot see how 'they' can get 'my' email. It's not http. It's not even web based. Or how can they get anything *I* do. Yet according to this thread, they have all my stuff and then some.

I see a lot of important sounding catchy phrases. I see very little how-to. I see a lot of scary half-truth. I see very little real-world explanation.

I wish someone would just put it in a simple to understand manner so stupid me could understand it.

How are they getting my irc logs, my emails, my google searches? How are they getting 'everything' I am doing on the net.

The article says they are. So they must be.

and I don't mean someone saying "They're at google storing everything." I mean, I log on, anonymously, I go to google and I search. According to the article, they have my emails, phone calls, google maps, the whole lot.

If they're just sitting at the server, then well thats a no brainer... But these guys are sitting in the nsa basement, with super computers, sniffing my stuff directly.

I wish someone would explain how....

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

We're discussing this thread on ATS Live Show #172 - 3rd August 2013

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Hey, there are 2 parties here, Facebook and Government....
It boils down to:

If not the Government, do you trust Facebook with your private data?

We must remember that it is not just government; corporations as well can become the fronts for fascism (I need not remind most of you)

Yes, both fronts are infiltrated. Terrorists use the corporation front, it is true, but state terrorists use the regime front.
At the same time, good citizens use both fronts as well.

Therefore, if any one front gets stronger than the other -- -- then we are in trouble

in particular, if government gets pummeled down -- then we are in trouble

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
What I mean to say is that, you recall hearing about "Internet 2.0"? The moment government goes blind to what fascists are doing in the internet, that's trouble, folks, that's big, big trouble, because the government is, in a sense, people organizing to defend against fascism... That is internet 2.0. That is the main reason why Snowden finds it so hard to get asylum from any country.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It's interesting to know that, according to the new Firefox Add-On, dark-side-of-the-prism, Abovetopsecret is currently NOT being monitored. I guess that with all of the far-out threads, that it would overload their databases with all the keyword hits that they would get. Of course, Facebook, Google searches, Gmail, IE, etc. are all being captured, the only way you could escape is if this is the only site you use. Of course, you need an email to register, so........

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Everything you send is sent on a highway of transmissions with a tag saying what it is. All those highways come to intersections called hubs and is sifted through by the government. They record every thing and save the tags in a index for easy searching. They peep in with there looking glasses.

lg.he.net...

And use software of different kinds to look at different information.

AGILEVIEW, AGILITY, AIRGAP/COZEN, AIGHANDLER, ANCHORY/MAUI, ARCANAPUP, ARTEMIS, ASSOCIATION, AUTOSOURCE, BEAMER, BELLVIEW, BLACKPEARL, CADENCE/GAMUT, CHALKFUN, CINEPLEX, CLOUD, COASTLINE, COMMONVIEW, CONTRAOCTAVE, CONVERGENCE, COURIERSKILL, CREEK, CREST, CROSSBONES, CPE, CULTWEAVE, CYBERTRANS, DISHFIRE, DOUBLEARROW, DRAGONFLY, Enhanced WEALTHYCLUSTER (EWC), ETHEREAL (maybe opensource network analysis?), FASCIA, FASTSCOPE, FOREMAN, GAMUT/UTT, GISTQUEUE, GJALLER, GLAVE, GLOBALREACH, GOLDMINER, GOLDPOINT, GOSSAMER, GROWLER, HERCULES (CIA terror database) HIGHTIDE/SKYWRITER, HOMEBASE, INFOSHARE, JOLLYROGER, KINGFISH, LIQUIDFIRE, MAINWAY, MARINA, MASTERLINK, MASTERSHAKE, MAUI/ANCHORY, MESSIAH, METTLESOME, NEWHORIZONS, NIGHTSURF, NORMALRUN/CHEWSTICK/FALLENORACLE, NUCLEON, OCTAVE, PATHMASTER/MAILORDER, PINWALE, PANOPTICON, PRESENTER, PROTON, RAVENWING, RENOIR, ROADBED, SCORPIOFORE/CPE, SHARKFINN, SKOPE, SKYWRITER, SNAPE, SPOTBEAM, STINGRAY; SURREY, TAPERLAY, TAROTCARD, TEMPTRESS, TRACFIN, TRAILMAPPER, TREASUREMAP, TRICKLER, TUNINGFORK/SEEKER, TURMOIL, TUSKATTIRE, TWISTEDPATH, UIS/PINWALE, UTT, WEALTHYCLUSTER, WIRESHARK (opensource network analysis?) WITCHHUNT, XKEYSCORE, YELLOWSTONE/SPLITGLASS

Hell of a software selection to use.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It looks to me like almost no one understands what all this spying is really all about. It's all about control by using blackmail. If you control the president, congressman, judges, ceo's, anyone in a position of power, you can control us all.
edit on 6-8-2013 by mrnotobc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
History, sorry! During world war two, the Brits learned that the German airforce was going to bomb a midland city called Coventry, Churchill decided that the citizens of Coventry would not be told, other wise local spies would inform the Germans that Coventry was being evacuated, so that would tel the Germans that the Brits new of their plans, and deduce that the Brits had broken the Germans codes, see where this is going?......... Well, another instance, in the south Atlantic, an American surface ship captured a German Uboot, and screamed it to the world, the Germans promptly changed all the naval codes, so the Brits lost track of all the Uboot movements and sinkings went up, so, you don't tell your enemies what you know!

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Apple, Google and AT&T meet Obama to discuss NSA surveillance concerns
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   
It seems to be getting worse now. It is not just keystrokes that they monitor, but everything on your computer.

Yesterday, i purchased a completely new laptop from Amazon.
It has Windows 10.

So after going through the initial startup procedure, i reach the screen with the normal icons and toolbar.

Here is the scary part. i have the same wallpaper on two other old computers in different resolutions.
Somehow, the wallpaper on the new computer had the same wallpaper at the correct resolution.

So i guess that the NSA is tapping into literally everything on your computer.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join