It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea's suicide bomber corps with nuclear backpacks show up in parade

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
While bored today i was browsing LiveLeak and this was there..

www.liveleak.com...

What do you think about this?
edit on 31/7/2013 by wlasikiewicz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
While bored today i was browsing LiveLeak and this was there..

www.liveleak.com...

What do you think about this?
edit on 31/7/2013 by wlasikiewicz because: (no reason given)

there is no way NK has the tech to make a nuke that small that it would fit in a back pack. hahaha

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

If true, scary. However, I have a feeling it's just for show. Those backpacks are probably filled with North Korea's shattered hopes and dreams of a functioning rocket program.
edit on 31-7-2013 by Auricom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Not by themselves, but with help from sympathetic countries it could be possible. It's scary when you realize that they've been trading tech with Iran for decades now. I wouldn't count on them being full nuclear weapons, but maybe dirty-bombs? Very plausible.
edit on 31-7-2013 by concernedcitizen519 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

They could have bought it from some one who can make them though!

What is the translation of the text i wonder, could be a team of specialized radiation medics for all we know!
edit on 31-7-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Here's an article about it:

english.kbs.co.kr...

Pretty pathetic really, NK would struggle with one let alone dozens.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I think that it is all for show. As a poster above said, they don't have the technology for that, although I suppose someone could have given it to them.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

My instinct is saying pure propaganda.

There is a history of images/videos being manipulated for domestic as well as foreign use.

Why slap a big radioactive sticker on the front...seems like an attempt to draw attention.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

No, it must be true! Didn't you notice how all of the kids holding those backpacks had much less than a smile on their face. Probably showed up for the parade and had those things strapped on them as they were getting loaded into the trucks.

Nice bright yellow warning signs, I hope TSA can spot them easily enough.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

Do NK people smile?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
North Korea deserves nuclear weapons and they should possess them.

I think the best way to supply NK with nuclear weapons is to deliver them from about 100,000 feet.

But really, it is too bad that NK is such a messed up state. Too many innocent people are suffering because of a leader who is nuttier than squirrel sh*t. Just like his pappy and grand pappy.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

North Korea's suicide bomber corps with nuclear backpacks show up in parade

Yes

And next year the "Space warfare corps" will probably show up with their very own death star....

There is no way that DPRK have that kind of tech, wont stop them from claiming that they have it though.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Im seriously starting to wonder if NK is a real country or just some soundstage to put around different propaganda films.
This is getting cartoonish.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Propaganda at its finest right there....

They can't even successfully fire a missile, but they have sophisticated backpack tactical nukes???

edit on 31-7-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay
nuttier than squirrel sh*t.

That brought a tear to my eye!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I think I've only seen Kim Jong-un smile, especially around buffets. The rest of them, I think their lips go straight across while tightened up as in forced to do so. The boys with the backpacks, clearly upturned in a frown.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

yea it's not that hard to do, some c4 P238 or U239 and a back pack www.nationalterroralert.com... from the link

A suitcase nuke or suitcase bomb is a very compact and portable nuclear weapon and could have the dimensions of 60 x 40 x 20 centimeters or 24 x 16 x 8 inches. The smallest possible bomb-like object would be a single critical mass of plutonium (or U-233) at maximum density under normal conditions.

The Pu-239 weighs 10.5 kg and is 10.1 cm across. It doesn’t take much more than a single critical mass to cause significant explosions ranging from 10-20 tons. These types of weapons can also be as big as two footlockers.

The warhead of a suitcase nuke or suitcase bomb consists of a tube with two pieces of uranium, which, when rammed together, would cause a blast. Some sort of firing unit and a device that would need to be decoded to cause detonation may be included in the “suitcase.”

Another portable weapon is a “backpack” bomb. The Soviet nuclear backpack system was made in the 1960s for use against NATO targets in time of war and consists of three “coffee can-sized” aluminum canisters in a bag. All three must be connected to make a single unit in order to explode. The detonator is about 6 inches long. It has a 3-to-5 kiloton yield, depending on the efficiency of the explosion. It’s kept powered during storage by a battery line connected to the canisters.
or they got the idea from Pakistan. here is an other link that has a effect calculator sc-ems.com... from the link

Input Weapon Yield
Yield (kilotons)

Calculated Values
Thermal radiation radius (2nd & 3rd degree burns)
Widespread destruction - Air blast radius
Near total fatalities - Air blast radius
Ionizing radiation radius (500 rem)
Fireball duration
Fireball radius (minimum)
Fireball radius (airburst)
Fireball radius (ground-contact airburst)
thought it would be of value to see what a 5kt would do 10 kt possibly, 20 or above that would be a push for the DPRK.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Im betting that they could make a nuclear dirty bomb that size but im not concerned about an by these guys, they just like to bark every now and then.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

A dirty bomb is different: not nuclear. Radiological "dirty" bomb using conventional explosives. Exposes a much smaller area with radiological debri.

Here are the six main types of terrorism from my training (from more than 4 different ones) manuals for 1st Responders. Notice nuclear is separate form dirty bombs.

1. Chemical
2. Biological
3. Radiological
4. Nuclear
5. High-yield Explosives
edit on 05/05/13 by mysterioustranger because: add

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join