It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama creating 'Behavioral Insights Team' ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Since WWII there have been such programs to influence our behavior.

Say no to drugs.

Warnings on smokes.

Crying Indians standing by trash filled/strewn streams.

Buy American cars.

Why is it "news" that this is going on, has been done out of memory people. Or has fluoride made you all forget the other programs?

Derek

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Obama creating 'Behavioral Insights Team' ?

Psychological WARFARE ya know that 'winning the hearts and minds' crap.

OH yeah nothing like manipulating people for stuff, and to get them to think it was their 'idea'.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

I guess he sure had become something totally different from his hope and change campaign days and clear government accountability

I'm not so sure he became anything different, rather than he simply took the mask off when he no longer needed it.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viesczy
Since WWII there have been such programs to influence our behavior.

Say no to drugs.

Warnings on smokes.

Crying Indians standing by trash filled/strewn streams.

Buy American cars.

Why is it "news" that this is going on, has been done out of memory people. Or has fluoride made you all forget the other programs?

Derek

If you'd read my comments on the very first post, you'd see that my point is that it is openly being discussed and no one seems to be upset about it.

To me, it seems incredibly arrogant to try to control an entire populace's behavior, but to come right out and say "Hey, we're going to change your behavior with your own money" is unbelievable, and that fact is made doubly so, when there is no outcry from the people.
edit on 7/31/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: typo

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Really, because as long as that jackass is in charge or any other jackass that acts like him, there is going to be behavior problems.

When do we get our first black president? Really I want a real 100% black president, because this idiot deserves nothing more than to be kicked the HELL OUT! He is only half black. lets get a good 100% black man in there that will not run this country into the ground. I cannot understand why anybody would be proud of this moron.

edit on 31-7-2013 by BelieveInEnoch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I really think it should be past tense. They've created these teams and have been in use for years! Every administration probably has them, it's just a different approach tailored to each bitter pill they try to make us swallow.

In my humble. . .

For sure Beez, star of course. DARPA, MK you know the litany all the way through
Paperclip and Mockingbird. Megalomanical mental micro management by Trotsky
clones with a shave (some of them) and new suits. Pass the flouride frappe Major,
I really do need a recharge because of feeling some mild revulsion. A new nudge?
Look more like a complete putsch by the Mengele-ites.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos
It is amazing what this administration gets away with in the public eye, if this were done by Bush, there'd be blood in the streets by now.

Got to admit Professor, they know the limit. They aren't pushing any more buttons
per month than what will cement the already hobbled American body politic into
the washtub. By the time the cement dries, we'll all get metaphorically tossed
overboard without many of us even waking up.
I have to give this POTUS one item of respect for follow through-- he made good
on the one promise to fundamentally transform Amerika. It is now done for with this:
if nobody gets righteously riled more than the few awake.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It amazes me that these people are actually pretending to have any actual insight at all.
They will simply step up with a 2000 page can of preconceived notions and then reanimate the McCarthey era.
It will simply turn into a giant politically correct witch hunt.
You think the IRS harassment has been bad.
You ain't seen nothin yet?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Obama and his administration are the embodiment of 1984.

I'm pretty convinced that these are not the ideas of this man, but the people who took him into a room on the day of his inauguration and let him know that if he doesn't comply as the figure head puppet of the financial powers that have run this country since December 23, 1913, something awful will happen. Obama, like the ones before him, was told the truth about this country and this world. That is why when he emerged from the white house on that day, his skin was as white as a ghost, and his face drained. He looked like Neo after he was pulled from the Matrix.

Everything that has happened has been almost according to a script. A script that I read 15 years ago, and was told to be conspiracy theory.

edit on 31-7-2013 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I thought they were already doing this with the school system.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Just when you thought things were getting really creepy, the Creep In Chief takes it to a whole new level.

Oh, you know. I mean, yes. It's creepy as hell. Of course it is! The sad thing is that it's not like anyone with a brain couldn't have seen this coming at least ten years ago. Or, if we're really being honest, we've known this kind of thing was already happening for decades.

I guess it's just that when they don't feel like they have to hide it anymore, it seems (somehow) a lot more ominous. That's what's really scaring the crap out of me about all of this stuff lately. The fact that they know the public (while they might complain about it a bit) will ultimately bend over for it. As soon as the hype dies down and the next big story comes up (which will undoubtedly be more of the same).

As tempting as it is to blame the instigators, it's tough to just ignore the gullibility of the public. People are just plain stupid.
edit on 1-8-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Behavioral modification programs have been in the works in the U.S., in particular, since Freud in the early 1900's and then again with Skinner -

The United States is seriously, and I'm not joking, a giant test pool for behavioral change and analysis. The problem being, of course, that a lot of the behavioral changes that are tested on the U.S. population are, in fact, tests - the outcomes are far from certain.

Talk about a stressful country to live in, eh? Although most of the behavioral tests I know about have positive intentions, I'm not so sure they have completely positive impacts.
edit on 1-8-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos
I mean, how openly Orwellian can an administration get before the people have finally had enough?

I fear that the masses have already walked into this cage.

I find it shocking that so few are discussing the NSA, the fact that Clapper lied, on camera, for America to see, and no one has anything to say about it.

The public seem to be dribbling brain-dead zombies.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

They can only influence us, they aren't capable of changing anything unless we want to be changed.

I hate to say it, but many are too stupid to resist. Even when you tell them you're going to influence their behavior, they'll just nod, smile and go back to looking for a Starbucks, watching sports and drinking the latest "lowest calorie lite beer!" [ shudder ] all the while bitching about how bad the government is. If it weren't so pathetic, it would be funny.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
They already have a magic wand that does that,....Hollywood

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Choice architecture is what it appears to be. Guiding us ever so slightly into compliance with government mandates and global order. Hmmmm... Then before you know it we'll all be good little human robots, programmed to do what we're told with just a little nudge.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I'm not surprised. 'Hope and change' .... 'transparency' ..... baaaah!
Obama and his administration are the embodiment of 1984.

I am with you FlyersFan, what is it going take for people to wake up?

They just go along following evil BHO. His name alone, should tell you something.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Most likely, the "nudges" will be toward behaviors which increase corporate profits. It's not like anyone cares about the people anymore. Come on.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I think ATS is overreacting on this one.

Sounds like they are just looking for subtle ways to get you to turn off the light when you leave the room, and put away a little cash for retirement.

Just remember, when someone gives you responsible advice then it's all just a ploy to CONTROL YOUR MIND!!!!

So for those of you who think this is psyops from the admin, well where do you see it going?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Yah. Everybody from Kraft Foods to Google have thousands of people working in "Behavioral Insights" and have for over a decade.

It's market research...concumer insights...and can spot where money is being wasted.

If they determine a campaign to redduce teen smoking actually encourages it...or if text A or picture Y stops more teens from smoking...better bang for the buck, less wasted taxpayer money.

Folks bitched about the First Lady's Nutrition programs and kids throwing out the new school lunchs rather than eating them. A Behavior insights team would head that off, either change up the lunch or inform the WH that the program is flawed and won't work. They do it through Stats and research...then ask the question "why".

The list goes on and on.

We are subjected to "Behavioral Insights" ALL THE TIME....just go to your internet cache and take a look at the cookies...I think ATS itself has something like 12 different cookies?

Not saying it is a good thing, but if it can save Taxpayer dollars from being spent in wasteful ways that don't work?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join