It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama creating 'Behavioral Insights Team' ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Honestly, I was a little shocked too, but it happened to my sister in the last few weeks in the state of Missouri.

Funny how conditioning works isn't it?

First Step, if they look old enough, let them buy it.

Second Step, if they are of age, let them buy it.

Third Step, If they present a valid I.D. to prove that they are of age, let them buy it.

Fourth Step, Whether or not they look old enough, they must present the valid I.D., then you must scan it, then let them buy it.

Gradual erosion of personal liberties in a nutshell.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
He might as well call it The Ministry of Propaganda. No real surprise there....and I am sure that they will have a close working "relationship" with the MSM. What bothers me more; however, is that at some point in the future certain "behaviors" (ie believing in a supreme deity, certain inalienable rights, etc) will be used to label someone "mentally ill" and thus deprive them of their rights (liberty, firearms ownership, etc) and send them to rehabilitation camps (like the soviets did).

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
He might as well call it The Ministry of Propaganda. No real surprise there....and I am sure that they will have a close working "relationship" with the MSM. What bothers me more; however, is that at some point in the future certain "behaviors" (ie believing in a supreme deity, certain inalienable rights, etc) will be used to label someone "mentally ill" and thus deprive them of their rights (liberty, firearms ownership, etc) and send them to rehabilitation camps (like the soviets did).

...and Bingo was his name-o!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Not really surprising...these "teams" have been around since people have been around to swallow their pill, and when people conform to such "news" and wash it down with the kool aid with a "this won't affect me" ideology, we then give insight into our behavior and mentality to these scums that are slowly taking our rights and freedoms away from us everyday. Nazi Germany all over again.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
Not really surprising...these "teams" have been around since people have been around to swallow their pill, and when people conform to such "news" and wash it down with the kool aid with a "this won't affect me" ideology, we then give insight into our behavior and mentality to these scums that are slowly taking our rights and freedoms away from us everyday. Nazi Germany all over again.

Don't you find it a bit alarming that this is openly discussed seemingly without public outcry?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos

Don't you find it a bit alarming that this is openly discussed seemingly without public outcry?

SSSHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I'm talking on my Obamaphone and Idol is about to come on and I need to order my pizza!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

SSSHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I'm talking on my Obamaphone and Idol is about to come on and I need to order my pizza!

Oooh yeah! I almost let the cat out of the bag! Shhh.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

*The gears of social engineering continue to turn*

I believe until people's personal comforts are being jeopardized ( food, shelter) which seems to be heading our way one way or another, people will turn a blind eye. It's sick, the path that is paved for us...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

*The gears of social engineering continue to turn*

I believe until people's personal comforts are being jeopardized ( food, shelter) which seems to be heading our way one way or another, people will turn a blind eye. It's sick, the path that is paved for us...

Sadly, I have to agree with you on that.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Oh look! The UK has one too, according to this article that came out in April...

A bungled government sponsored online personality test has drawn scrutiny over the weekend after the Skawkbox blog revealed that no matter what answers the respondent gave to the probing questions the results were almost identical.

The test, which has already been inflicted on some unemployed claimants, turns out to be the work of the controversial ‘nudge unit’. Formally known as the Behavioral Insight Team, this seems to be a flaky operation of Oxbridge toffs and policy wonks established to ‘nudge’ people into doing what David Cameron wants them to.

This shambolic operation, currently running at a cost of around half a million a year, have managed to devise an online personality test which will tell you your ‘signature strengths’ even if you don’t bother to answer any of the questions. In a further example of this Government’s incompetence when it comes to anything at all to do with computers or the internet, a bit of further digging revealed a not for public consumption presentation left hanging about online for all to see and which details more of the work of the Nudge Unit.

johnnyvoid.wordpress.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
Oh look! The UK has one too, according to this article that came out in April...

A bungled government sponsored online personality test has drawn scrutiny over the weekend after the Skawkbox blog revealed that no matter what answers the respondent gave to the probing questions the results were almost identical.

The test, which has already been inflicted on some unemployed claimants, turns out to be the work of the controversial ‘nudge unit’. Formally known as the Behavioral Insight Team, this seems to be a flaky operation of Oxbridge toffs and policy wonks established to ‘nudge’ people into doing what David Cameron wants them to.

This shambolic operation, currently running at a cost of around half a million a year, have managed to devise an online personality test which will tell you your ‘signature strengths’ even if you don’t bother to answer any of the questions. In a further example of this Government’s incompetence when it comes to anything at all to do with computers or the internet, a bit of further digging revealed a not for public consumption presentation left hanging about online for all to see and which details more of the work of the Nudge Unit.

johnnyvoid.wordpress.com...

I'm not trying to sound too much like a whacko here, but that article in and of itself could be used to minimize the seriousness of the situation with terms like 'toffs' and 'shambolic'. So, ultimately, they're still engineering behavior by getting people to think that these programs aren't anything more than a joke and wasted money.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Should have guessed that the big push in the U.S. right now is to get people on board with OBAMACARE.

They would then, for example, have T.V. and radio commercials developed to “nudge” the American people into doing what the behavioral insights team wants them to do. It’s a way for the government to get Americans to embrace beliefs and behaviors that the government finds desirable. A real life example. The Obama Administration loves Obamacare. However, in the Obama Administration’s view, not enough Americans love it, in fact, they hate it. So the Obama Administration has been trying to recruit celebrities (Jennifer Hudson, Alicia Keys, Bon Jovi, etc.), librarians, and the NFL! to sell to the gullible, and unenlightened American public why they must learn to love Obamacare (or else.)

Shanker’s instructions are to replicate a pilot program which was launched in the UK a few years back. In Britain the government attempted to modify British attitudes and behavior relative to drinking milk, cheating on exams, giving to charity, and energy usage, among other things. Of course the Brits have been suffering under socialized medicine for many years now, so there’s no need to modify attitudes and behavior in that area. -

See more at: stevechabot.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

It is amazing what this administration gets away with in the public eye,

Is it because he's black? And if you criticize him too harshly that would anger the black folk?

Don't scoff. Look at the Zimmerman trial. Black people want the man dead.

if this were done by Bush, there'd be blood in the streets by now.

Now THAT would be an easy target. The man everyone loves to hate.

I know some behavior they could get some insight on, but I don't think they could handle it.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Heh, you guys think Obama administration is bad? They're merely laying the foundation.

You'll really be feeling the sting in a few more years, I absolutely guarantee it.

This^ But how can some o us feel the sting, when we are given daily local anesthetics?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Heh, you guys think Obama administration is bad? They're merely laying the foundation.

You'll really be feeling the sting in a few more years, I absolutely guarantee it.

The foundation's been laid since the Wilson Administration, they've all been building upon it for decades.

the foundation's been laid since the Washington Administration. The point is the crescendo.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Actually this is been happening since the 70s after the riots from civil rights activist and the protest of anti war era.

Is actually no new, since the independent media was bought off by the private interest conglomerates we have been manipulated at will.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Actually this is been happening since the 70s after the riots from civil rights activist and the protest of anti war era.

Is actually no new, since the independent media was bought off by the private interest conglomerates we have been manipulated at will.

I realize that this has pretty much always been going on and is not new, what I am pointing out though, is that it is now being discussed openly by the government and there's no outcry over it.

It really just goes to show how altered the average American's behavior already is.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

It is amazing what this administration gets away with in the public eye,

Is it because he's black? And if you criticize him too harshly that would anger the black folk?

Don't scoff. Look at the Zimmerman trial. Black people want the man dead.

if this were done by Bush, there'd be blood in the streets by now.

Now THAT would be an easy target. The man everyone loves to hate.

I know some behavior they could get some insight on, but I don't think they could handle it.

I'm really not sure that he gets away with everything simply because he's black, I think that most Americans have simply already allowed themselves to be transformed into little more than a herd of cattle, to be directed this way or that by the little barking dog that we like to call "Uncle Sam".

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

The foundation's been laid since the Wilson Administration, they've all been building upon it for decades.

the foundation's been laid since the Washington Administration. The point is the crescendo.

You may be correct on that point, however, I believe that the largest steps in the direction that we as a nation are currently taking were taken during Wilson's tenure.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Obama has been trying to do a few controversial things since he became president some are not as successful like the creation of a youth program that raised a lot of eyebrows.

Now that he has expanded the NSA and many other spaying programs is not doubt of it, so creating a "behavioral insight team is just part of his police state agenda

I guess he sure had become something totally different from his hope and change campaign days and clear government accountability

He is acting more and more like a dictator than any else and he still have a few more years to destroy Americas constitution and economy, while catering to his corporate interest pimps.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join