It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Invasion, Are we prepared?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
If you are reading this you probably have some interest in the Alien/UFO phenomena; The appearance of apparently intelligently guided craft which can not be fully explained or dismissed. A lot of people, especially over the last 60 years or so, have seen and recorded what appeared [and appears] to be craft which are classically definable as UFO [unidentified flying objects]. Many believe governments of the world know what these craft are and are hiding 'disclosure' from the public. But there is no proof of this; It is possible that the only thing the government is hiding is its own ignorance - they do not know what the UFOs are either. So some would say let us forget about it. They are secret government craft or strange unexplained optical illusions, etc. But what if they are real? What if we are being visited by intelligent aliens, aliens who are not indicating any desire to make direct contact with humans and show no signs of a friendly disposition? They could be sizing humans and the planet earth up and waiting for the right time to invade and conquer the planet. Are we prepared for this? Are our governments taking measures to protect us from a sudden alien invasion? Are they protecting us from a direct and sudden invasion or a subtle slow takeover through computers and the internet?

I have hypothesized many times and indicated a theoretical contact with a benign race of highly evolved [by human standards] ETs - but this might only reflect my hope that they are of a friendly mentality. What if they are not friendly, see us as food, or as lesser animals to be enslaved as pets. Are we prepared for the worse?
I say we should be. What do you think?
edit on 31-7-2013 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
If a race of beings is smart enough to have found us out of all of the little dots out there, and has the technology to exit and enter our atmosphere on a constant basis without damaging their aircraft, aircraft that can hover silently with no motion whatsoever and suddenly take off before you can finish blinking, withstanding the force of that speed, this really isn't a question. Being able to operate their craft at those speeds alone is amazing, ultimately I predict we're screwed. I don't even think we'll be there 25 years from now, that's including the fact we're advancing so fast as a species we don't realize it.

Also, don't ever use the words "government" and "protection" in the same sentence, you prepare yourself and protect yourself, no one's protecting you now and they're sure as heck not protecting you during an alien invasion.
edit on 31-7-2013 by FidelityMusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Oh aye I'm absolutely confident that the government will protect the people by heading to their deepest,safest bunkers as it's their duty to the people to survive and reform the government when it's over.

I'm sure they would try but when our missiles and fighters are destroyed a few feet off the ground and the army decimated they'll be gone.

In all honesty without any real grasp of what were up against it's hard to imagine any useful preperation we can do.

Are they benign species ??

I'm kind of fed up of hearing how IF they can travel interstellar distances so obviously they'rmd friendly,loving lifeform.It doesnt necessarily

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

I think we have much greater things to fear, like the problems mankind started, and the reality that we do not
have the capability/will power to correct them.
They are probably here just watching us dismantle what nature has taken millions of years to do, in a blink of an eye.
looking at the big ugly picture we painted for ourselves, it's no wonder they never made contact to large populations.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

IF there was an "invasion" we couldn't ever be prepared...

A species that has master interstellar travel would dominate us....

Yet if they traveled light years to make contact... why would they invade?

Perhaps the only alien species that would invade would be one that has been indoctrinated by their own religion?

The Alien Religion(s)?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I have a stash of Twinkies - beer - and guns / bullets.

Bring it on E.T. !

When those aliens arrive it's every man for himself. Same if zombies begin roaming the streets.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Here we go again.

Are we prepared? No. Not even close.

Like other posters have stated, if they attack us we are seriously boned. They can travel light years to come here to take us over...

They could use a biological attack, poison our water, rain nuclear death, invade with armies, use death beams...

You can think it, its possible.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Of course you and others including me have thought this. But we are prone to take the human paradigm of existence and give it to aliens who may be very different, evolved differently, and think differently. They may
be masters of space travel but not of war; They might have no real weapons and may not understand military
style of conquest. Of course if they have been watching us they could be learning and may one day decide
to try an invasion and takeover of a species that is used to invasion and takeover - Man and his wars.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienView
reply to post by Akragon

Of course you and others including me have thought this. But we are prone to take the human paradigm of existence and give it to aliens who may be very different, evolved differently, and think differently. They may
be masters of space travel but not of war; They might have no real weapons and may not understand military
style of conquest. Of course if they have been watching us they could be learning and may one day decide
to try an invasion and takeover of a species that is used to invasion and takeover - Man and his wars.

If they've mastered space, that also means they've mastered their economy, which also means they've overcome wars of their own, and unified as a species to "explore other worlds"... Something we've yet to conquer...

IF they've gotten this far, they've been through the wars of their own species...

the question is... were they a conquering species... or did they unify themselves by peace?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Interesting point there.

If they can travel here, they have weapons. They wouldn't venture through space without them. They could encounter a "bad guy" (who has the same or similar agenda as them) out there on their way and would need some form of self defense...

It would be stupid not too... I know if I was in charge of a invasion force headed for Earth I would have a very large "anti-ship" missile battery (much like what you would find on the Battlestar Galatica). Also if you are invading Earth you have weapons.

They didn't survive for possibly millions (billions?) of years without some form of defense. Even if they are not a "war-like" race. But they are a "war-like" race if they invade a planet like Earth.

-SAP-
edit on 31-7-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

the question is... were they a conquering species... or did they unify themselves by peace?

They are going to kill us.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by playernumber13
reply to post by Akragon

They are going to kill us.

nah...

an evolved species has no reason to kill...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Actually that's prolly not true. The universe is so infinitely large that I am sure there are a race/s out there has one goal, to conquer anything they find.

Like the Zerg in Blizzard's video game Starcraft.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Right.

Just like when the "evolved" Europeans greeted the natives in North America.

What happened? They killed them. That's what the aliens will do to us.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by Akragon

Actually that's prolly not true. The universe is so infinitely large that I am sure there are a race/s out there has one goal, to conquer anything they find.

Like the Zerg in Blizzard's video game Starcraft.

-SAP-

no doubt... and as I've said, any species that conquers is a product of their own religion...

but you see... if they had planed to destroy us... they would have done it by now....

the evidence shows that we've been in contact with "aliens" for millennia... but they were revered as "gods"

Now that we know better... I don't see any reason to start a war...

Once we over come the mythologies of our religions we just might be ready for alien contact....

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Exactly or the Borg from Star Trek.

We're going to be food or slaves. (maybe sex slaves. I don't know what's going on with the the probing.)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by playernumber13
reply to post by Akragon

Right.

Just like when the "evolved" Europeans greeted the natives in North America.

What happened? They killed them. That's what the aliens will do to us.

Nope...

At that point we hadn't realised that we are a species... we've divided ourselves though out history because of skin colour... or culture...

An alien species would be far beyond that IF they've made it here

We could have been on the moon hundreds of years ago... but the PTB decided that money was more important then unity as a species.... because in our arrogance we believed that WE are the only intelligent species in the universe... but our view of the universe has expanded exponentially in the past 100 years

edit on 31-7-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

To be clear for myself. I don't see any evidence.

I have also stated that if they have came here, they have an agenda. Otherwise they have no reason to be here in the first place...

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by Akragon

To be clear for myself. I don't see any evidence.

I have also stated that if they have came here, they have an agenda. Otherwise they have no reason to be here in the first place...

-SAP-

there is NO evidence....

But maybe one day

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
sometimes 1 wonders is the FEAR of what man has done to itself as a species what generates fear of unknown? again its logical to question but illogical to assume.

NAMASTE*******

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join