Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Naked and Afraid: Cry-baby men

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
On this reality show they take a men and a women(the couples that are paired up don't know each other)Who have pretty good survival knowledge and or skills...In each show they take a man and women and drop them off in remote places like a jungle, swamp...etc...then they have to take all their clothes off and then they meet up with their partner...they each get to bring along one survival tool of their choice and are given a map of where after 21 days they will be picked up...I have watched every episode and I was flabbergasted at what cry babies the men on this show are...They complain and threaten to quit so much more than the women...It seems that it should be the other way around...quite a surprise...Has anyone who watches this show notice this? And I wonder why the men are such whiners...Here is a peek of the show...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

You're not the only one

This show is so lame.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I wonder why the men are such whiners

Because that's the way the script was written.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
why the fuch are they naked anyway?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

reply to post by rockoperawriter

As far as I could figure out why they have to do the show naked is either tv ratings or to make it more challenging...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

no, reenacting a major historical battle is a challenge, it would be more entertaining, more funnier, more smart people doing silly things, this show is just gaytarded. i have just now used the phrase gaytarded for how both gay and retarded this show is. it shows people being naked on a television channel that does not show nudity, i would rather rewatch predatrix because of the amount of sex and violence that would bring my mind out of "why did i watch this" to " 'bout fricken time"

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Yeah I agree --it's because that is the way the script is written.

There is a push to bring more and more confidence into the female --make them more and more independent and to push the idea that women are strong and they don't need men, but rather the oppositie! The men need the women!

There are many shows like this actually. And many more movies as well.

Back in the 1970's and 1980's, they got Mom out of the house and into the working environment by television shows like Mary Tyler Moore and the TV sitcom "Alice," and a whole host of others. . While it did give them the confidence of being independent, it also broke up the family by letting others take care of, and teach & raise their children. We are starting to see the after effects of improperly raising our children in society now, with divorce rates skyrocketing, crime always on the rise and the confusion of one's own sexual self by the increase of homosexuality and lesbianism.

So yes, the male Cry-Babies on this show are just scripted that way. I forgot which one it was, but the one where the female never went camping and the male did and knew all of this survival stuff and as the show went on the female miraculously knew how to do all the things the male should have known how to do, but didn't. That's when I stopped watching. I've written scripts before and it isn't hard to tell when something is scripted.

Hopefully, in an upcoming eppy, the female will offer some cheese to the whine of the male. But, I wouldn't count on it.

edit on 7/31/2013 by OneNationUnder because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I don't really understand the totally naked part much either since they censor blur all the nudity.
They may as well give the participants thongs, or loin cloths or something.

As far as the men being entirely useless for the most part, as much as I find it amusing, and as much as I want to think they're overacting, I think a lot of it has to do with the show producers and what footage they choose to air.

The men might very well actually be huge skin bags of useless self inflated ego.
There's also a chance that they might actually know a thing or two, but, the way the show is cut definitely shows them in very poor light.

The 6th episode that I just saw, the guy wasn't as big of a baby, and he actually got quite a bit accomplished while his companion primarily stood around in a support role.
It was the most cooperative team I'd seen on the show.

All the other shows, it was just pathetic. I laughed at episode 3 the most where the big super soldier Marine Corps guy wallowed around on the sand crying about his sun burn for a whole week while the girl did everything, EVERYTHING, and the first thing the guy does when he actually does try to do something is drink poisoned water that the girl told him NOT to drink.

That guy was an embarrassment.

The very first episode, the first guy comes off all like he knows everything, calling his partner "kiddo", but, every five minutes he's saying "OMG I almost DIED!!!". The guy was a total drama queen princess.
I don't blame the girl for trying to set him on fire.

I could go on, but, yes, the show, whether it's a product of casting weak men, a product of editing footage, or what, the guys, for the most part, do indeed seem more like useless dead weight, and even part of the challenge that the women must overcome as part of the survival goal.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
hah. they get dropped off in tropical weather like castaway.can they survive naked in siberia or alaska in wolf territory? they would have two minutes to find out hardcore. i would rather they wear things like swimming shorts. the amount of censorship is more offensive than the nudity itself. does anybody else feel like watching cannibal holocaust?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Oh yummy.... and we're expected to believe they are really naked the whole 21 days and through everything? I'm reading over the show website and that seems to be what they're selling as the premise. I hate to be cynical but after reading the lawsuit which came out of Storage Wars from 'Dave' to prove it was all rigged and set up 100%, I don't trust any of these much anymore.

Aside from that, and even if I were apt to trust them? It's kinda hard to believe they have enough shots to stick these two with to keep them disease free in that place through the end of the show with ...sensitive openings...exposed to nature and all 'she' brings in the jungle.

Panama Major Infectious Diseases

I must say, my favorite isn't actually a disease but it's on the list there. It's somewhat worse if you're the squeamish type..

Schistosomiasis - caused by parasitic trematode flatworm Schistosoma; fresh water snails act as intermediate host and release larval form of parasite that penetrates the skin of people exposed to contaminated water; worms mature and reproduce in the blood vessels, liver, kidneys, and intestines releasing eggs, which become trapped in tissues triggering an immune response; may manifest as either urinary or intestinal disease resulting in decreased work or learning capacity; mortality, while generally low, may occur in advanced cases usually due to bladder cancer; endemic in 74 developing countries with 80% of infected people living in sub-Saharan Africa; humans act as the reservoir for this parasite.

That's the place I'd want to be naked in...or NOT. lol. Look at it this way, win lose or draw on the show itself? The proceeds of the lawsuit for illness to follow will be a whopper on one of these people. The stats of how many died building the Panama Canal between the French and American attempts is staggering ..most from the Jungle. Crazy shows...

I will say this... If the show were 100% real in them being in that condition without anything? Getting turned on wouldn't be any problem by the 3rd or 4th nature filled day ..and I'm thinking I'd be making her a leaf cover-all by the 10th day...with her thinking the same, I'm sure (and likely much sooner).
edit on 31-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

gave you a star with a quote from one of my favorite movies platoon "you better not drink that you'll get malaria" "let's hope so"

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
You want to get people's attention and ratings? You do "Naked and Afraid" the right way.

Drop off a naked white hipster couple from the East Village into the housing projects of Harlem and give them 21 hours to make it back.

Drop off a naked code pink lesbian couple in Kabul Afghanistan and give them 21 hours to make it to the US Embassy.

Then I'll tune in.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I've watched that show lately. I think its good. The people who do better are the higher ranked survivalists, male or female. Watch the bayou one for an episode where the man is way more skilled. But in primitive societies, men tend to be hunters and women gatherers. Women are still wired for gathering: more color receptors in eyes (more motion receptors in men's eyes) etc. So in a situation with no real weapons, women are actually better equipped for survival. Men have the additional social expectation of being "providers", which makes them upset when they can't, when being out performed by women.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

Back in the 1970's and 1980's, they got Mom out of the house and into the working environment by television shows like Mary Tyler Moore and the TV sitcom "Alice," and a whole host of others. . While it did give them the confidence of being independent, it also broke up the family by letting others take care of, and teach & raise their children. We are starting to see the after effects of improperly raising our children in society now, with divorce rates skyrocketing, crime always on the rise and the confusion of one's own sexual self by the increase of homosexuality and lesbianism.

WTF?!?

Really? Single family homes cause the gay huh?

Couldn't be the fact that it's just more socially acceptable now, it has to be those damn working women who aren't in the kitchen making "sammiches"

and really? Crime is always on the rise eh?

www.cnn.com...
www.policymic.com...
www.nytimes.com...

Really?

But on topic

Yea, this is a stupid show, and scripted as all hell.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Well shells....
All I'm gonna say is....there is a reason why women can endure 36 hours of labour/childbirth, and men pass out just WATCHING, lol.

(Some men, not all.....)

I also agree with the others that the nudity is ridiculous, and 'reality' shows are scripted for entertainment value.

jacygirl

P.S. Was just trying to by funny....don't throw any beer cans at me, lol!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

Because everything is better naked....well, at least that's always been my motto...except for cooking with oil, or paintball.....

Seriously though, it's a gimmick, and kind of shows man for being the animal he/she is. I really think that is part of it too. I've only seen bits and pieces of the show, so need to watch more to really weigh in on the whining, but everyone who watches it has mentioned it.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tridentblue

So in a situation with no real weapons,

How is that exactly? Put me in the woods (or especially on an island), and I'll have a weapon in my hand within 30 minutes. Give me an hour, and I'll have an even better one.

Bamboo, rocks, vines? No problem.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Im laughing at the people who think this is real.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I am wholly unsurprised by what I have seen on the 2 episodes I have seen

Men are only potential. It is women who inspire. This makes women very powerful, as they are capable of doing on their own. PLUS, they typically have the resolve it takes to push the men in their lives.

Were it not for my wife, I would be nothing more than a guy who dreams about what could have been. She is the catalyst towards realizing potential. That is womens most powerful role.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

I hate to break it to you.....but crime is not on the rise. We have the lowest level of crime in decades.

Homosexuality is not caused by broken homes. My wife and I are still together. My 22 year old son is gay. We were both home every night. We both were at every event in his life. Not to mention the research indicating that homosexuality may be related to social stressors such as population, and have nothing to do with all the other nonsense you are suggesting.

The only thing that I will say is certain: the complexity of human behavior is beyond our ability to sit on a forum and correctly opine on the ramifications of behaviors, and the basis of behaviors.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join