It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police chief’s viral video is ‘an illustration of white privilege’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Now this video is inappropriate enough to make me wonder what will be next.
This, of course is my opinion.
What do you think?
Should the chief get the boot?
Or what?
TYT Link

edit on 31-7-2013 by imd12c4funn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

To be honest I don't see how this relates to white privilege. I haven't really researched the case, but I can say this doesn't relate to race or color.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

I have to agree, but beyond that I have to say, remove the title and uniform, insert this video on a multiple choice exam where you have to guess, who is the person ?

Here are the answers: (A, B, C)

A. Young teen with his first firearm trying to impress his friends (correct)
B. Mentally ill individual with a grudge against Nancy Pelosi (correct)
C. An individual on a strong hallucinogen that thinks that the target has become an animated entity resembling Nancy Pelosi (correct)
D. A Chief of Police or other law enforcement (incorrect)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Isnt this the same clown who had another video filled with curses followed up by an apology video also filled with curses?

Sounds kind of funny, but I found it to be in poor taste.

I have no idea why someone, especially a cop, sheriff etc., would say these things.

God complex gone horribly wrong.

edit on 31-7-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I agree that its nothing to do with white privilege.

If a 'person of color' did this, I don't think it would be that big a deal. If a Muslim did this then I hope they have somewhere else to live, but then it would be construed as terrorism. Reminds me of the young lady that screams at the no shouting sign near a graveyard though ... bit stupid.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

It's not an effigy of Nancy Pelosi, it's a clown he calls Nancy Pelosi. The effigy would prob have caused him so problems. Also this has nothing to do with white privilege (I do't really believe in white priviledge or white guilt).

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
white privilege? i for one would be relieved to see a black, brown or puprle person using a poster of anyone from this administration as target practice. i would take it as a sign that more people are waking up

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke
Reminds me of the young lady that screams at the no shouting sign near a graveyard though ... bit stupid.

Not sure of the reference but the visual made me laugh out loud.

White privilege though? That's reaching...really reaching. Although, If he was shooting at a politician of color, then I'd expect outrage...but people are people. Either way, this guy isn't the sharpest bulb in the drawer.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Is this considered "black privilege" ??

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Wrong comparison, go find a video of the equivalent person in that position (A Police Chief) but black you could be onto something then, to compare, but again I do not see where the OP has anything to do with anything more than stupidity nothing to do with privilege of any race.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by phinubian
reply to post by boncho

Wrong comparison, go find a video of the equivalent person in that position (A Police Chief) but black you could be onto something then, to compare, but again I do not see where the OP has anything to do with anything more than stupidity nothing to do with privilege of any race.

The racial argument is that a black or muslim person would be called a terrorist if they did the same thing. My point is that there are equally stupid people from all races that get away with stupid behaviour.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I agree, stupid has no boundaries, colors, classes or denominations.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I think what the video clearly illustrates is this guy should not be a police officer for much longer. He doesn't have the necessary discretion that one expects from a public servant.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I hate tyt. That ahrab is a gay wimp.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Agree with you. Stupid video by a stupid person in a position of power. Shame on him.
S&F OP.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I believe even SNL could not get away with a skit like this if it were supposed to be comedy.

Hypothetically, if a crazed person did come at you with a hammer, that would be one thing.
To use as the attacker a Congresswoman is a bit overboard.
I also believe the media spin on this does not correlate with the video and most likely is a ploy to further the divide and conquer mindset.

Both the video and the reporting are wrong and that is about the only correlation I see.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Where are all the privileges? I for one am living paycheck to paycheck, and that barely covers everything. So if Im missing something I would love to take part in it.

White privileges....what a joke. That may be true for all the rich people, but not for people like me.
So I dont owe ANYONE anything.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

That clown looks an awful lot like Pelosi.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Since when did being a police officer mean you have to give up your right to free speech? how is one white person pretending to shoot another white person turned into a race issue? this race baiting is getting ridiculous.

top topics

join