It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1,122 Record Cold Temps in the U.S. in one week

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
www.climatedepot.com... ention-in-the-public-debate-seems-to-be-moving-away-from/

Forget global warming!? Earth undergoing global COOLING since 2002! Climate Scientist Dr. Judith Curry: ‘Attention in the public debate seems to be moving away from the 15-17 year ‘pause’ to the cooling since 2002’

www.climatedepot.com...

This seems like it could be a very short summer here.
I have lived in northern Michigan for 50 years , and I do not remember a summer this cool.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It was hotter than hell in the NorthEast about a week or so ago. No one is complaining.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

according to the map im in one of the hot spots, when will i ever catch a break..............?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I've noticed this myself, but this crazy weather has been going on for at least two years now, maybe longer.

I recall when the seasons would start and end at almost the same time every year, I used to look forward to summer ending bacause I don't like the heat, weather around the world seems to be the same way, crazy.

The only thing that comes to mind is weather modification, spraying the skies, haarp or something else ?.

All I know is that this kind of weather is new in my lifetime, and I'm 51 years old, so I've seen plenty.

Peace

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
One week of low temperatures constitutes a trend?

Wasn't last year the hottest on record for the US?
news.nationalgeographic.com...

edit on 7/31/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

As for myself , I'm seeing this more as a trend in extremes world wide and
time will tell I guess.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
its global "change" now, not global warming. They changed the wording like 6 years ago.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I don't know about the rest of the country but Phoenix has been about average. Hot as hell. It's summer in the desert it's supposed to be hot.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama23

In order to clarify that global warming does not mean that everyplace gets hotter all the time. It doesn't mean that. It means that a small change in the average global temperature would result in changes in climate everywhere.
edit on 7/31/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Understood. They changed the wording to "global change" from "global warming" to because they now understand the Earth is cooling not warming.

So, any even that they cant understand or predict they can attribute to Global Warming, I mean "Global Change".

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Meanwhile, down here in Australia we've had eleven months of consecutively hotter than average monthly temperatures, and nevermind the warming trend observed for more than a decade.

www.theage.com.au...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama23

because they now understand the Earth is cooling not warming.

No. It isn't.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Climate depot is awful. Morano and his website are just ideological counterparts to James Hansen and 'SkepticalScience'. Informative value is below zero.

reply to post by Phage

No. It isn't.

But the only honest answer would be, you have no idea. Wouldn't it?

Global Mean Surface temperatures are sure ain't warming either.

GIStemp

HadCRUT

But ten year trends tell us very little about how much heat Earth is taking, or so 'they' say. To look at Surface Temps is so 2012.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I thought the wording is 'climate change'? not 'global change'? Perhaps it changed while I was asleep? These changes just make me confused, perhaps these changes are designed to confuse me? Who decided to make that change? is it permanent?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander
It was hotter than hell in the NorthEast about a week or so ago. No one is complaining.

I am. I hate the heat and humidity!!!!!!!!! Still friggin hot here!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama23
its global "change" now, not global warming. They changed the wording like 6 years ago.

It's not "global change" it's "climate change" and the climate is changing because of "global warming".

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I'll gladly take some of those cooler temperatures if you don't want them. It was 103F at lunch yesterday and still 100F when I took my kid to work at a few minutes before 5pm. I didn't get a dot on your map.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I've been noticing the cool snap myself for a few days now. In late July/early August, it is rare when the highs get below 85F. We barely got into the 70s good yesterday. We would normally have had triple digits for about a week now cumulative. We broke 100F one day thus far.

Considering that even the AGW alarmists admit to temperature changes averaging only a few degrees, it would appear to me that something besides simple global temperature change is happening. The arctic ice sheet is decreasing in size while other portions of the northern hemisphere are showing a cooling trend. That indicates some sort of change in the heat distribution patterns; I do remember that there has been a substantial increase in the temperature of the waters entering the Arctic Ocean from the Pacific via the Bering Strait.

Interesting...

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
HEY!

Pass the cool weather around, you cool temp hogs
It's still hotter than hell & as humid as a sauna, as usual, here in the Tampa region.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Check out the jet stream over the past 7 months or so. Then it might be worthwhile to check out why the jet stream is so messed up.

2 weeks ago my area was sweltering, it's nice to have this cooler pattern in place for the moment.
edit on 31-7-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join