It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The North Pole is Now a Lake!!! Not really,...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This isn't really that bad. More fresh water automatically gets a +1 in my book.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Please Note...............

This thread is not really about interpersonal things, it's more about whether the OP story is accurate or not.

* was the photo taken in the same place
* is there a conspiracy to misrepresent climate change/AGW? etc.

Carry on, and as always, keep your eyes on the ball, not the player.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by talklikeapirat

After reading that thread and taking a closer look at the information presented by several members including yourself, saying the original story isn't true, i searched myself for more information regarding the topic. I came upon the story from my OP and links to the NPEO website(from where the original images were provided).

I found it 'amazing' or concerning that even with the info provided in the thread of ''Skywatcher2011'' that members seemed to ignore these posts or maybe just didn't read the information.
Therefore this thread and this is not to brake down the poster of the previous thread, because he just provided what media told. But it's rather to brake down information from the media and to hopefully prove what i'm pointing out in the OP.

Back on track, it concerns and saddens me everyday how the media is trying and succeeding into playing with information, twisting stories and convincing the population into their believes just for their benefit or for the ones they are cooperating with.
It's not the first time we see this on the 'global warming topic'. It's not to difficult to see after many years that this issue seems to have more to do with spreading fear and blaming the population. It seems like it has not much to do anymore with science but has to do with creating some new sort of religion or control on a global scale. Don't get me wrong on this but 'they' created the word 'global' warming.
That's why, for me, it's not anymore, whether or not global warming is real but rather what are they trying to achieve with it. Not that i don't care about nature and it's future, far from, most of my time i spend in nature, traveling the world to experience it's beauty. It would be sad to see this gone, for me, my children and the next generation. By travelling you learn a lot about nature, but also about the world. After months without television, radio or internet you come home and a few days later you put on the television, your eyes will open.

I was hoping to see what other may think of this. Is there something beyond the global warming issue, that they aren't telling us? Is there a hidden agenda involved?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It never was a lake, most maps I know of list it as an ocean. (Arctic Ocean to be specific.) Just happens to have an ice-cap on it most of the time.

But yeah, it's interesting to see how the climate changes over time. Also when it becomes reasonably navigable, might have an effect on geopolitics/economics because it may obsolete some other trade routes.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

OK, now go look at Antarctic sea ice. It's at the highest levels ever in recorded history and is growing faster than the Arctic is shrinking.

So even by posting that picture and saying "this says it all" you just selectively edited your narrative of climate change.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

As a holder of an Atmospheric Physics and Dynamics degree I can tell you that those of us who do/did the grunt work in the industry find no link to AGW. That is the scary part. Why is that the scary part? Because that means if the Sun, or other galactic forces drive planetary warming, there isn't sh*t we can do to stop it, and we are all doomed.

Most of the people who push that there is a "consensus" are older people in charge who want to keep their funding and jobs. Once they die off, or the measurements continue to prove them wrong (as has happened from day one of me entering the field) for an extended period of time, we will start to see advancement in this area. The DoD and Private Aerospace firms are waaaaaaaay ahead of the curve on Planetary Science. We just decided not to focus on global warming because it had nothing to do with figuring out how to let super secret LOE's not get hit by TLE's.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
There is so much political junk and crap with this subject no one can believe anything about it or any pictures and photos about it to even trust it.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Good lord! the entire north pole has melted and we are going to be over run by eskimo's and polar bears. Must have been a slow news day.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
WOW... the Ice Cap has melted... Wait a minute... I was at the beach all last week and I don't recall the water being any higher this time than 20 years ago... WTF? I thought we were all going to drown if this ever happened!
edit on 8/2/2013 by nwganinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nwganinja

reply to post by SPYvsSPY

You guys didn't even took time to read the thread or the title
edit on 2-8-2013 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
(just want to add)

Is the appearance of the pond due to global warming?
No, not specifically. These melt ponds are a normal part of the seasonal cycle of the sea ice. With respect to global warming, we are more concerned when we see warm air temperatures in the winter that inhibit ice growth and the appearance of heat in the ocean that would melt the bottom surface of the ice.

There are threats to the ice, but as far as our conceptions on the ice, sensationalism is the worst.

Accuweather

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
This isn't really that bad. More fresh water automatically gets a +1 in my book.

Too bad this fresh water gets immediately contaminated by global sea pollution *cough Fukushima radiation cough*

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join