It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The North Pole is Now a Lake!!! Not really,...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Last week this thread showed up
CLIMATE CHANGING RAPIDLY!!!!! The North Pole is Now a Lake!!!
It was all over the media, showing a time-lapse video of still photos of the north pole melting.
Thus giving the fact that global warming is real.

Is it really the north pole?
No not really.
The webcam from which the images were taken is actually located some 350 miles south of the north pole.

I received a reply via email from Roger Anderson, who is one of the webcam scientists at the Universtiy of Washington. I had asked him if the media was using the webcams that were NOT at the North Pole, but rather drifting southward. He replied: "Yes, they are. The approximate position of the webcams today (obtained from PAWS Buoy 819920) is 07/25/1500Z 84.773°N 5.415°W."

What about the melting water?
It is actualy a melt pond, they from every year during summer when solar radiation melts snow and some of the sea ice upper surface forming a shallow lake on top of the ice.
The lakes only contain fresh water.

This is a photo posted by the media on the topic with headline:

"North Pole Before & After Melting. Now THIS is a wakeup call!"

Why do the images from Web Cameras #1 and #2 look so different? Are they in different locations.

The two cameras are on the same major ice floe, but the wide-angle lenses of the cameras make things look much more distant than they actually are. Thus the highly variable character of the surface is not clear, especially for Web Camera 2, which is only giving images from inside the melt pond.

This is what the area looked like on July 30th around 7pm

Truly this is a wake up call, be careful of what the media tells you, don't believe everything they say.

Did the Media Just Prove North Pole Is NOT Melting?

Latest Images from NPEO 2013 Web Cameras
NPEO

A photo from 1962 showing open water at the north pole.
Seadragon (SSN-584), foreground, and her sister Skate (SSN-578) during a rendezvous at the North Pole in August 1962.
www.real-science.com...
edit on 30-7-2013 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
And just how do you believe YOUR FOUND IMAGES AREN'T THE DOCTORED ONES???
Did you go to the pole and take them? No?
Okay then...case is still open...anyone can post something online...Learn it, live it...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

The images i show from july 30 are from the same webcams from the same website as those from the ''north pole is now a lake''

North pole environmental observatory
psc.apl.washington.edu...

And yes anyone can post anything online, if you believe the images are fake than why believe it in the first place.

The point i wanted to make is that the media is using what they can to make you believe what they want.

And no i didn't go to the north pole on 25 of july, but the time i was there, i remembered i was walking on ice

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I don't recall any climate scientists waving that picture around last week. So trying to use it as evidence of some climate change conspiracy on the part of climate science is bulls**t.

This picture, unfortunately, is all too real..

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Maybe my fault, i didn't had to post this in the 'fragile earth' forum.

It has nothing to do with climate change. In fact I believe in climate change, as it has always been.
No indeed it weren't the scientists that came running with the story and those images, it was the media.
Remember that the media has more power than any scientist.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by intergalactic fire

The images i show from july 30 are from the same webcams from the same website as those from the ''north pole is now a lake''

North pole environmental observatory
psc.apl.washington.edu...

And yes anyone can post anything online, if you believe the images are fake than why believe it in the first place.

The point i wanted to make is that the media is using what they can to make you believe what they want.

And no i didn't go to the north pole on 25 of july, but the time i was there, i remembered i was walking on ice

Everyone who posts here has an agenda.
I just want to know yours...
I know the mainstream media lies...and I thank you for pointing that out...but when I can't see maps of prevailing winds anymore and oceanic climates and the damn Jet Stream are as wonky as they are...I get a little suspicious. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Good to know we are on the same level at some point.
And my agenda has all to do about stars.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Good to know we are on the same level at some point.
And my agenda has all to do about stars.

Just gave you a few...so what is your theory? I won't flame or ridicule...just curious. Especially since you've seen the signs.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I won't flame or ridicule...just curious. Especially since you've seen the signs

Those two don't go hand in hand you know.

My theory on what?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Oceanic currents. The volatility of the Jet Stream and the Mid-Atlantic current are my primary concerns. No one is discussing this outright. I am one of several who are doing our best...but our European data isn't as good as what we would like.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
You are obviously not the "oh, I went to the North Pole" scientist that you want all of the mouth breathing types on this site to believe you to be...
You got your stars...happy?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

As you said before in your first post, anyone can post anything online. Even if they claim it to be evidence and data from a study or experiment where all seems to be scientific.
I've did many readings in the past on the things you concern, but in the end what to believe. Do you have to take their word or mine? Not really, no. Is it that important as they claim it to be? I think not. For me there are more important issues going on than to worry about climate change or man-made global warming or what we can do about it.

No i'm not happy with the stars, they are one reason why the world is so screwed today
edit on 31-7-2013 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

As you said before in your first post, anyone can post anything online. Even if they claim it to be evidence and data from a study or experiment where all seems to be scientific.
I've did many readings in the past on the things you concern, but in the end what to believe. Do you have to take their word or mine? Not really, no. Is it that important as they claim it to be? I think not. For me there are more important issues going on than to worry about climate change or man-made global warming or what we can do about it.

No i'm not happy with the stars, they are one reason why the world is so screwed today

So I take that as a no...

W00t!!! You contradicted yourself in your very own post...
Like I said...show us a pic of you at the pole or go fish...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

You don't have to believe anything i say or believe the info i show. Photographs or not, who will believe you.
Ever heard of a place called North Pole near Fairbanks? You got me on that one, no the closest i've been to the 'real north pole' was at around 80degrees, Svalbard.

You contradicted yourself in your very own post

point me out please

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

You don't have to believe anything i say or believe the info i show. Photographs or not, who will believe you.
Ever heard of a place called North Pole near Fairbanks? You got me on that one, no the closest i've been to the 'real north pole' was at around 80degrees, Svalbard.

You contradicted yourself in your very own post

point me out please

I once saw a blimp!
Pics or it didn't happen. Lord knows if I was at the North freaking Pole I would have at least one picture to prove it...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Here's the source for the webcam images in the OP. They also got pictures from people standing at the North Pole.
Maybe fake too?

What is this Mid-Atlantic current you speak of ?

European data isn't as good as what we would like.

Who is we and what's the problem with the data?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

reply to post by Atzil321

Maybe my fault, i didn't had to post this in the 'fragile earth' forum.

It has nothing to do with climate change. In fact I believe in climate change, as it has always been.
No indeed it weren't the scientists that came running with the story and those images, it was the media.
Remember that the media has more power than any scientist.

So why not add this to my existing thread than going off on a rant about climate change happening while chasing your own argument in a circle?

You failed in your argument here...your argument that North Pole is actually not melting? Wow...scientific data has shown the Pole has receded over the years...and although there is a small lake, which may or may not be normal at the pole, let this be the foreshadow into the future...soon the pole will be part of the ocean water with no ice.

edit on 31-7-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

The information has been added to your thread, so far you've chosen to ignore it.

You found a sensationalist story on a blog, believed it without checking if it's true and ran with it, like many other media outlets.

A closer look

Ponds of meltwater form routinely on Arctic Ocean sea ice in the summer. The sea ice is floating on the Arctic Ocean and in constant motion. The autonomous camera that took these images was placed on the ice a few dozen miles from the North Pole in early spring, but has since drifted hundreds of miles.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
When seeing is believing, gonna have a huge problem. Oh wait, we're already there.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

For years my theory has been volcanic activity and I am sticking with it, after all I am in control of the planet.

dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join