It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Jazeera America, What Will It bring To US News Reporting?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It will definitely will be opposite of FOX. So it gets my vote.

In seriousness, i think it would given a better information from the local middle east warfare, instead of the modified version, also there is a possibility they might modify it themselves.. so in the end, its all manipulation! but ill give them a chance.. then again, i don't watch TV...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone that replied. It will be interesting to see what comes out of this. Perhaps I will revisit this thread after they have been around a short bit.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Well, I promised to revisit this thread, and here I am. I have been using the Al Jazeera Beta for a short bit now. From what I have seen, their news gives both sides of the story. And they listen to you! I actually mentioned my concern about a particular story that the MSM was not reporting on, and they reported it! And guess what happened? The MSM started picking up on it and even mentioning something that Al Jazeera found out specifically. And we got results on an important issue to those of us here at ATS! Amazing!

I really do think we need to give them a chance. They may very well end up being the bearer of the truth. And they have even mentioned that their objective will be to report news that the MSM doesn't.

Anyways, Tuesday August 20th is the day! I don't watch much TV, but I will be checking them out!

Al-Jaz eera set to tackle U.S. market with ‘long-form reporting of stories’ ignored by mainstream media

“They want more unbiased coverage and less opinion, that’s what Al-Jazeera is about.”

He said other cable news outlets have become politicized and that “rather than invest in the field they put talking heads out there who yell and scream at each other.”

Al-Jazeera America president Kate O’Brian said the channel will “stay away from pundits and crazy celebrity news” while “covering all the stories that need to be covered.

“We want to tell stories that are currently underreported.”

Al Jazeera Beta

edit on 18-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join