It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If India and Pakistan had a nuclear war who would win and why???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
If India and Pakistan had a newkeeare war who would win and why???

edit on 31-7-2013 by Gazrok because: corrected spelling of title for easier search

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
1. TPTB
2. Because they always do.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
You want to know why I doubt aliens exist? Its hard to imagine a race that would survive an era like the one we are having.
edit on 30-7-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
No one would win.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Ok,is everyone missing the elephant in the room?

Nuclear is the term.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
In a nuclear war the whole earth and its population loses.

Therefore, the OPs question cannot be answered as stated.

Nuclear war should never be an option. Period.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

India would win. If there is a winner. India has more nukes and better delivery systems. The targets in pakistan are less and closer together. The fallout would overlap and there for there would be more people killed, with the blast and the fallout. and your right there are no winners just losers.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by christoker

That's like saying if two people shoot each other in the head at the same time, the one with the bigger gun would win, even though they'd both be dead.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I guess it would depend on how long it would take to hit there targets.If Pakistan has what they say they do and did a preemptive strike I would take a guess that if hundreds of tennis ball sized nukes went off in India they wouldnt have the opportunity to launch.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Ok,is everyone missing the elephant in the room?

Nuclear is the term.

Thank you... You saved me the above post

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
My new toilet..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or I could say something ridiculous but what's the point?
edit on 30-7-2013 by playernumber13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Depends more like the question should be what kind of gun. If theres a dual and one guy has an unloaded musket and the other has an unloaded M-16 who can kill the other first. So how fast can each side deploy a nuke? I guess size really does matter

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Consider the effects on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in WW2.

Now consider that we are nearly 70yrs more advanced (militarily) and have early warning systems.

We are looking at a war and not a strike (as in WW2)

Your answer in a nutshell - no winners. Only losers.

Why would people be interested in such a scenario anyhow!?
Too much doom and gloom in this world. Pfft !

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
India would "win" (technically), for the reasons already stated. They have more nukes, better delivery systems, and fewer targets to worry about.

However, this "win" would come at a terrible price, and while it would still exist, economically, it would be destroyed. Both nations would be reduced to third world status. So, in reality, both would lose (as would their neighbors).

In a nuclear war the whole earth and its population loses.

Therefore, the OPs question cannot be answered as stated.

Nuclear war should never be an option. Period.

It's possible, but still a matter of great debate. For one thing, there is a chance a nuclear winter of sorts, could surround the globe around those lattitudes. How long it would be, if it would be, etc. are all subjects of debate. I think many really overestimate the destruction of nukes though. I'd recommend going to an online blast calculator to see the effects radius of different yields to really get an understanding of how they would affect the target areas. Horrendous, to be sure, but not nearly as much as you might be thinking.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The aliens watching and waiting for us destroy ourselves so they can set up shop.

If these two go at it, it will be a ripe opportunity for others to rid the world of their enemies then all warheads will take to the skies and in a flash we all become piles of ash.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I hardly think the rest of us would light 'em up, just because India and Pakistan decided to.....

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

If India and Pakistan had a nuclear war who would win and why???

Don't you mean, when? Oh it's comin'. And as soon as Iran gets some nukes they WILL throw em at Israel.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I wonder if one of the two did an eeee emmm peeey over the other's country followed by nukes hitting most major cities if that would allow them to win in an exchange. Although india has newklear subs so they would be able to retaliate regardless. But unless Pakistan has them too then they could be wipped out without being able to retaliate.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

This is an easy one.

China. And / or possibly Iran - both for very obvious reasons.

top topics

join