It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bushido The Life In Every Breath + Q&A

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Alright.. Thanks a ton for the thread OP
I have been curious about the path of the samurai for sometime, and have been intrigued by the philosophy for sometime... One of the insights I had was that seppukku - or the death of one's self by committing to honour is actually killing your ego to the everpresent Tao , and not really your body .. With this insight, suddenly the path of the samuraid began to fall on top of other philosophies worldwide which is directing one towards the path of enlightenment through ego death .. That is one insight I had to share
Willing to hear your take on this

Another thing I really wanted to ask was this - could you elaborate on contemplating on death and impermanence? How does one contemplate on that? What insights should be guiding one on the path of samurai as far as death and impermanence is concerned? It is very possible that the answer would be discovered by digging into samurai philosophy texts .. However since you are more familiar with this, I would like to know what you think about this

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by skywalker_
Alright.. Thanks a ton for the thread OP
I have been curious about the path of the samurai for sometime, and have been intrigued by the philosophy for sometime... One of the insights I had was that seppukku - or the death of one's self by committing to honour is actually killing your ego to the everpresent Tao , and not really your body .. With this insight, suddenly the path of the samuraid began to fall on top of other philosophies worldwide which is directing one towards the path of enlightenment through ego death .. That is one insight I had to share
Willing to hear your take on this

Another thing I really wanted to ask was this - could you elaborate on contemplating on death and impermanence? How does one contemplate on that? What insights should be guiding one on the path of samurai as far as death and impermanence is concerned? It is very possible that the answer would be discovered by digging into samurai philosophy texts .. However since you are more familiar with this, I would like to know what you think about this

Hello Sky Walker

Thank you for coming to the thread and leaving a comment

For me death is an illusion from a personal experience and perspective of witnessing it at first hand. Near death experiences are about as close as you can get before it is your time to go. So enjoy the time you got and do all that you came to do. Thus do it all !! Have no regret for what you have done as you are learning here and enriching your mind, body and spirit with growth. I have fallen in showers, down stairs, hit my head against tiles, floors, missing an edge of table by a millimetre and many more brushes with death. I can not count the amount of times I am meant to be dead or have broken every bone in my body. Which is why I understood there is no such thing as luck when it comes to death and that death reaches us all when it is time. Nor do things happen by chance, coincidence or a flip of a coin. I do not want to call it destiny or fate, but there seems to exist some sort of balance in life.

Sure you could take a short cut. However, that would holt your growth and development, there is no easy way in life and you have to climb that steep slope. Things become easier when you accept the truth...

My friend always said-

Death is an illusion, life is a blessing

To tell you the truth I am not familiar too well with this stuff and telling you that I am would be a lie, the things I shared and know all came through meditation, past life regression, experiences, self realisation & guidance.

I believe that there is more to life then sitting at a desk and wasting life for some cotton, plastic and paper that has numbers on it.

I'm not God
I'm not a Chosen One
I'm not a Prophet
I'm not a Psychic
I'm just Me !

I'm as human as it gets and I make mistakes in life but instead of letting them get me down, I learn from them and thus I grow.

Take life as a infinite river of knowledge. Everyone will learn something from it when they drink from it, maybe it will be the same lessons or something different. However, the point is accept it as a way to progress forward and as a little fish said Just keep swimming !. Go with the current do not struggle against it, let life flow and guide you through the lessons you chose.

God ! I am sounding like such a hippy right now

Anyway, I hope that shed some light and answered some of your questions.
edit on 3-8-2013 by The Magicians Apprentice because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by The Magicians Apprentice

Consider that given God is infinite are there an infinite number of ways to understand the truth that is offered?

For me anyway I would point out that you have your own truth as does each and everyone of us.

Like each of us are a part of a puzzle.

The path you are exploring can lead you to understanding that truth.

I would highly recommend that your review the life of the Buddha.

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Magicians Apprentice

Originally posted by okamitengu
reply to post by okamitengu

if you guys are in japan, or going to japan, U2U me .. i have a cabin in Nagano up in the mountains and i will happily give a discount on rental to any budoka or ATS-ka who wants to use it (:

How much does a nice cabin go for these days in Nagano up in the mountains ?
I am interested some day purchasing a nice little place and just living in nature.
Where I can free up my mind more and meditate on the essence of life.

I think it would be a great place to spend ones time and practice deeper zen meditation

i have a contact for foreclosures.
my cabin was $30000 australian

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Magicians Apprentice

reply to post by okamitengu

if you guys are in japan, or going to japan, U2U me .. i have a cabin in Nagano up in the mountains and i will happily give a discount on rental to any budoka or ATS-ka who wants to use it (:

How much does a nice cabin go for these days in Nagano up in the mountains ?
I am interested some day purchasing a nice little place and just living in nature.
Where I can free up my mind more and meditate on the essence of life.

I think it would be a great place to spend ones time and practice deeper zen meditation

i have a contact for foreclosures.
my cabin was $30000 australian

Are you telling me I could buy a cabin for $30 000 AUD in Japan and just live there

Time to save up I guess

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
well you can buy the house, but you don't get a visa with that

to get a visa you need to meet certain requirement.

you can be a tourist and leave the country every 3 months...
you can study budo in a traditional school and build a history of traditional cultural pursuits. and apply for a bunka bisa (cultural visa) you still need a sponsor or an income of some sort. you will also need to be enrolled in a cultural pursuit in japan. either one you have experience with or one you cannot study in your home country.

or you can complete university and get a degree, apply for jobs in japan get a sponsor from work and go for it.

but in essence. yes.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
for reference, this is what $30000 got me.

Cabin In the Alps

(:

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join