It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bushido The Life In Every Breath + Q&A

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman
reply to post by The Magicians Apprentice

here is something I would like your take on.

when avoiding quantifying existence so as to not underestimate or undervalue it.....what do you find most precious : They beauty of its finite....the details of it all.......or the eyes / ability to see the details?

Same question in another form

when loving something and passing through the full spectrum of its existence so as to take it all in...what is more important to you the vivid and clear nature of all its "colors" or the magnificence and magnitude of its totality.....the sun....a rainbow...ect. Would you think that love cheapened for loving part of it more than the whole? would your love of the complete impede you from loving a part or piece of it.

yet another form

if you could love humanity ....truly love it....would you love anyone person less for not being the whole.

your tea.....

if you loved the tea...would you love the tea less if it was not warm....or aromatic as your love of the tea has shown you? Is the complete 3 fold wonder of tea a barrier for your appreciation of it in its separate components....if it is warm and aromatic but spills from your cup .....is the experience any less because it was not complete as you know its maxim to be....because it did not replenish you.?

Edit:
I can imagine your response....but I would like to see your take on it...
edit on 30-7-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

I will answer to my best ability.

1. I believe existence is like a school that you learn lessons from and at the same time to also record the infinite beauty. Balance is key to see things and to grasp that which is considered ungraspable. There is beauty within everything and if there is no beauty what would there be to see ? and without the ability to see how would you see beauty ? Perception is different with every individual but the source of perception is the same.

I believe existence is a beautiful infinite thing. Don't you?

Even if it is just energy and perception it is still beautiful.

2. I would love it as a whole no matter how good or bad, because even when I witness evil I learn from it and the lessons it brings. At the same time I believe evil is wrong and at the same time I can debate that at times evil is there to teach us of not what to be or what path to go down. Creation in its infinite spectrum is of love and love is to be gentle, understanding, caring and selfless. Never try to control love for love is something you can not owe but you can live side by side with and experience, same with creation.

3. It would be ignorant to say that I would love only a select few, that would mean to be a judge and the one to judge becomes judged himself. If one is true in his spirit and essence he or she will know that every individual is unique and may require a different approach to understanding. Which is why you can not love someone less if they are not part of a whole you can not just toss someone aside because they are different. Real love is patient and understanding, love does not get frustrated or angry but waits patiently. Thus I would never love another differently to the whole others.

Instead love all equally. As I was told -

"Love is like patience and patience is a virtue"

4. The tea experience would not be any less for even if tea is cold warmth of your hands can make it warm. Even if the tea has no aroma it has still it's taste. If it is warm and aromatic but spills from the cup the experience would not be any less for you still enjoyed other things it brought you.There is beauty within every detail no matter how small even a grain of sand on the beach or the bacteria under a microscope.

I hope that was close to what you thought my response would be

I enjoy such conversations they make you wonder and make your brain tick at the same time.

Thank you for this conversation.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Specimen
reply to post by tadaman

Samurai...

Bushidō (武士道?), literally "the way of the warrior", is a Japanese word for the way of the samurai life, loosely analogous to the concept of chivalry.

Tada.
edit on 30-7-2013 by Specimen because: Tada

Bushidō is not really "the way of the warrior" it is more of moral code, honour, to be selfless etc. Kind of like chivalry but more spiritually and it is also known that Samurai which literally means "to serve" were in service of others so they also practiced zen & tao.

My belief is that also religion should never be used as a belief but a code of conduct to serve, to help, to give, to guide, to love and respect each other.

The ones we read that went on rampages, rapes, murders and cutting heads off were not true samurai. They were the ones that used the power that was bestowed upon them in a very disrespectful manner breaking away to become Ronnin and Shogun.

That is what I was told and shown none the less.

You should read a book "The Hagakure" which was written by a Samurai who became a monk. I'm jumping around and can not wait for my one to arrive from over seas
. Seems that my country does not appreciate such fine teachings & philosophy.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Not trying to sound like a douche bag or trying to criticize, but isn't Bushido the "Way of the Samurai" in technical terms. Like using a "shield" is a sign of coward, or go into battle not fearing death, and you shall live. Don't get me wrong, Bushido probably did thrive on such philosophies, as trying to calm one mind, in which would supposedly result being calm in the "Fog of War" mind set that soldiers experience on the battle field. However, they are just military disciplines like Sun Tzu, which I think was the "Art of War"..Not sure about the name.

What your trying to get at with your posts sounds much more like "Taoism", which basically focused on being happy with what you are. And not needing material wealth to be truly happy. Also, it was supposedly used by ancient emperors of china, as it was made much like the Prince. Although albeit, much more humble than Machiavelli.

"Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power."
or
"To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders."
- by Lao tzu

I remember reading a book about "taoism" and it had some great sayings that spoke to me. Anyways, didn't want criticize. It just if samurais felt like they failed royalty, or got dishonored, they'd stab themselves.
edit on 30-7-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

You are not a douche bag or trying to criticise. You are stating your own perception and understanding of things, which is perfectly normal so don't panic I won't start any fights with you

I personally hate it when people fight over such things and judge one another it is almost as if childish. Instead of throwing the dodge ball at one another they should hear out both sides of view, perception and understanding that they acquired. For both sides can learn things from another. For example how now I learned from you some nice wise quotes by Lao Tzu and other information behind Bushido and a few names of interesting books.

As you can also see why I would hate conflict that we experience in this world such as war, silly childish fights and violence.

People can truly create wonders and be peaceful, that is if people choose to put away their swords and ego's aside.
edit on 30-7-2013 by The Magicians Apprentice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

The account presents that Siddhārtha Gautama, Shakyamuni did not die of food poisoning but lived beyond the years that was normal for a human. This caused a problem because as the masses in India at the time were not prepared to understand that he had lived 80 years. In those days people were lucky in they made it past the age of 17, to present an average in the context of a good life 50 at best in relation to a normal life span.

The Buddha (the slim one) actually lived another 40 years but he did so in China as they were more understanding of his situation.

In appreciation for the welcome which was quite elaborate as well as the voluntary consolidation of what we today call China he wrote that Story of the Colum People.

Historically China began developing buildings with Columns well before there European counterparts. And at the time that The Buddha was in China those who were entrusted with making Columns were amongst the most skilled workers in the territory. The Buddha presented and analogy in his story in relation to Prophets and these Column People....

"In order to build a coliseum you need bricklayers, carpenters and column people. Now it is important to remember that the Column people are very busy. Many structures throughout the territory require columns so they are very busy. When a Coliseum or for that matter any other structures that require columns are built. The first stage, is to bring in the Carpenters and Bricklayers (in this analogy they are representative of humans who are not prophets).

The carpenters and the bricklayers get into many arguments in relation to what is correct to do and what is not.

Often in discourse they relate to the idea that is there is something that cannot resolve. In such arguments that can become quite heated. They at times decide (due to the complexity of the issue) that they will consult the Column people, when it is time for them to arrive to erect the columns to support the structure of the Coliseum.

It is important to remember that the Column people are very busy. As they provide columns for structures through the kingdom.

Furthermore delaying them in there work undermines the structure that has already been constructed by the Bricklayers and Carpenters. It is important that they do there jobs and interfering with that can result in a catastrophe related to the structure that has been constructed and designed so as to be supported by columns. "

The story goes on to explain that the function of prophets is relatable to presenting structural aspects relevant to the development of consciousness. .Each Prophet presents a conclusion important to the development of consciousness., like a curve in the road to understanding reality. A prophet appears at that time to turn the
proverbial wheel.

You can go to China and visit an ancient structure that is supported by Columns. One that has been assigned the dignity of being today defined as a museum. You can speak to the person assigned as curator of that facility and they will present pretty much the same story.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

This brings me back to the christian dark ages. Yea, they must of had a real ninja problem.

And the modern version of the samurai(even though this is like 70 yrs ago) where the Kamikazes. Which also believed in Bushido. As for the samurai turned monk, I guess he must of had his convictions.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai

The account presents that Siddhārtha Gautama, Shakyamuni did not die of food poisoning but lived beyond the years that was normal for a human. This caused a problem because as the masses in India at the time were not prepared to understand that he had lived 80 years. In those days people were lucky in they made it past the age of 17, to present an average in the context of a good life 50 at best in relation to a normal life span.

The Buddha (the slim one) actually lived another 40 years but he did so in China as they were more understanding of his situation.

In appreciation for the welcome which was quite elaborate as well as the voluntary consolidation of what we today call China he wrote that Story of the Colum People.

Historically China began developing buildings with Columns well before there European counterparts. And at the time that The Buddha was in China those who were entrusted with making Columns were amongst the most skilled workers in the territory. The Buddha presented and analogy in his story in relation to Prophets and these Column People....

"In order to build a coliseum you need bricklayers, carpenters and column people. Now it is important to remember that the Column people are very busy. Many structures throughout the territory require columns so they are very busy. When a Coliseum or for that matter any other structures that require columns are built. The first stage, is to bring in the Carpenters and Bricklayers (in this analogy they are representative of humans who are not prophets).

The carpenters and the bricklayers get into many arguments in relation to what is correct to do and what is not.

Often in discourse they relate to the idea that is there is something that cannot resolve. In such arguments that can become quite heated. They at times decide (due to the complexity of the issue) that they will consult the Column people, when it is time for them to arrive to erect the columns to support the structure of the Coliseum.

It is important to remember that the Column people are very busy. As they provide columns for structures through the kingdom.

Furthermore delaying them in there work undermines the structure that has already been constructed by the Bricklayers and Carpenters. It is important that they do there jobs and interfering with that can result in a catastrophe related to the structure that has been constructed and designed so as to be supported by columns. "

The story goes on to explain that the function of prophets is relatable to presenting structural aspects relevant to the development of consciousness. .Each Prophet presents a conclusion important to the development of consciousness., like a curve in the road to understanding reality. A prophet appears at that time to turn the
proverbial wheel.

You can go to China and visit an ancient structure that is supported by Columns. One that has been assigned the dignity of being today defined as a museum. You can speak to the person assigned as curator of that facility and they will present pretty much the same story.

Thank you very much for a great informative read

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

This brings me back to the christian dark ages. Yea, they must of had a real ninja problem.

And the modern version of the samurai(even though this is like 70 yrs ago) where the Kamikazes. Which also believed in Bushido. As for the samurai turned monk, I guess he must of had his convictions.

In a way I believe there are always 2 sides to a story, just like there are 2 sides to a coin.
Religion I believe should have been a moral code to follow and not turned into a belief. I guess it was turned into a belief because some saw it as very profitable. However, I do not want to judge but I do say that religion does have good points and it can refer to the 2 sides to a coin as well.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

Remember the first time you watched the movie "Independence Day". Remember the pilot who had been drinking and later in the movie sacrificed himself for the survival of his own kind. How did you feel when that happened?

In a way you experienced Bushido in relation to such a context that you are expressing assuming you were an American. But essentially the theme is apparent In any cultures where a person sacrificed themselves in support of a way of life. The path of the Samurai is the path of silence, the way of the shadow.In the ancient context beyond the concept of three dimensions in respect to the potential of life as we understand it.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The Tao I can understand for in the tao alchemy the precious pearl is mentioned for transmutation. It is the basis for the scriptures.

Be Water My Friend! - Bruce Lee Remix | #eTHErSEC

His last interview, but i do note the connection between his taoism and his development of his form of martial arts, the way of the intercepting fist. I think Bruce is a Christ.

That being said, the samurai to me were warriors, and its not war we need. The jedi on the other hand is what I think can mean a warrior turned monk, or more, cosmic level understanding. But still suspect its war in the end.

I do understand that you are perceiving this way as not war, but peace and zen. So very good thread.

Do you think some memories may have surfaced regarding the far east?
edit on 30-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

I remember when the Raccoon died in Ace Ventura 2. I cried when that happened... Btw, Bushido is what my main avatar appear to be in a way inspired by. Notice the 2 handed sword...Which simplizes two edges. Which mean I can cut my self if I tried to block. Even though samurais use one sided I guess.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Great.. Another blind hippie in a state of kumbaya.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Its all just Yin and Yang to me.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
Great.. Another blind hippie in a state of kumbaya.

I adore hippies. We grew up barefoot, cooling in the sprinklers, half dressed half the time, peace and love, plus omni and science digest for dad was a math/science teacher and my uncle a physicist and then a physics computer teacher in the end. With a US draft dodger living in the cabin and my parents didn't hand him over to the cops that showed up.

Educated hippies the best of the best. No better way to live.

My father was friends with so many of those who liked the farm and work there, that they lived year round, and we even had a couple from switzerland show up, because they'd heard such good things about my dad's crazy hippy farm.

It was the best childhood anyone could ever have.
edit on 30-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I can see what your saying. If anything Buddhist monks are the Chinese version of Samurai's. The monks follow a code that gives them structure and philosophy. Go through training, such as weapons, mental, physical, and as well spirtiual. However, one is much more emperialized then the other, while the other is religous. If anything Samurai were feudal Japans Captain or Elite guards. They were Japans royal(noble) knights, and you can only be a samurai if you were born into, which is not like Buddhism.

Taoism from China(even though I dont think they follow taoism), while Bushido from Japan. However, the invention of the gun changed Bushidos roots

edit on 30-7-2013 by Specimen because: added some stuff

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
[]reply to post by The Magicians Apprentice

quote]
Sure I may seem arrogant and still as a child, but I believe that it is the choices we make that truly defy who we really are.
[/quote

You are not a child.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Well....Seems like Bushido took it last breath of life.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Well....Seems like Bushido took it last breath of life.

Oh sorry I was listening to music and observing.
Did I miss anything ?
I prefer observing things in silence at times rather then just talking. So much can be learned through silence and stillness.
edit on 30-7-2013 by The Magicians Apprentice because: Just because it seems logical to correct one self

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

If you are blinded by a sword you created perhaps you should consider you were blind all along.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I really would like to try your guys weed.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai

If you are blinded by a sword you created perhaps you should consider you were blind all along.

Does this refer to the saying ? -

For the man that says he sees is truly blind, but the man that admits he is blind truly sees

I like that saying it portrays that one can not truly know the whole truth only the slither of truth one discovers.
edit on 30-7-2013 by The Magicians Apprentice because: Just because it seems logical to correct one self

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join