It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Top Tax Rate Should Be 28% for Corporations, 40% for Small Business

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by neo96

Yes, but also remember when the federal Reserve was created, somebody wanted to profit from the taxes and for the new loans that the government was going to incur after that, we the citizens of this nation has been nothing but slave since then.

Yep the federal reserve what a joke.

I know you don't like Reagan I do gas was 89 cents a gallon, a savings account paid 6%, and a money market was worth having, unlike today.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Everything was better before the 80s I was a teen in the 70s and life was a lot easier and the economy was fine, credits in an University for a whole semester were under 100 dollars, the government pay for most of the education with no loans but education programs that we didn't have to pay back, then Carter came and there was a "recession" then came Regan and first thing he did was to lower taxes that's why he was soo popular, But he suck on education and many other things, I can go on and on, but I already debated the Actor before, then after him well you know the rest. . . things has gotten worst, everything that one administration does will fall on the next that is the way that has been for ever.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
The boroughs are full of small businesses, there are a lot of people out here, but these businesses struggle as it is because there are so many small businesses competing. I say all of NYC have a small business strike for a few days, demand compensation for every single day they're on strike, demand the taxes be lowered to whatever number they want. It would be the equivalent of NYC shutting down, Obama would be forced to comply.

I doubt very much this would effect any of the large businesses and may only inconvenience those employees that work for them! Doing this would also reduce profits for those businesses and cause them to lose money!
These businesses would still have to pay rent on these days and still have to pay for utilities! If these businesses are struggling now, think of the effect this strike would have on them!

This is exactly why I said they demand compensation for their loses on the days they strike, that makes it all a bigger issue. The faster Obama acts, the less he'll have to compensate.It's all in his hands. He decides not to compensate, they continue to strike. If they continue to strike they'll lose their businesses. The rest could play out in many different ways, just think of the effects it'll have:

Effect on creditors not receiving their money from those businesses.
Effect on corporations who need businesses to buy their products.
Effect on people who need these stores, they're essential to life out here.
Effect on our nation when you have 190,000 small business owners applying for government aid (this isn't even including employees).

I could go on. Obama would finally accomplish his task of economic collapse.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
So essentially Obama wants to eliminate the little man and we will just have large corporations - add a dash of price fixing and "we are all screwed."

Just how the elite want us.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

oh my god, this man is determined to crush the middle class

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I know. As Cheney once said, "Deficits don't matter, Reagan proved it". I was working then in my career and I have forgotten how many times he raised taxes.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by neo96

Yes, but also remember when the federal Reserve was created, somebody wanted to profit from the taxes and for the new loans that the government was going to incur after that, we the citizens of this nation has been nothing but slave since then.

Yep the federal reserve what a joke.

I know you don't like Reagan I do gas was 89 cents a gallon, a savings account paid 6%, and a money market was worth having, unlike today.
Financially, I did wonderful in the 80's. I did so well, that I could afford to purchase "The Brick" cell phone...
It were awesome times...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Are you kidding me?

28% for corporations 40% on small business that is already getting hammered by Obama care, and this living wage bullcrap.

Small business pays double?

Neo I just have a question about your figures.

I get that you are rounding up to get the 40% figure that's no big deal but where are you coming up with double?

I just don't see it so could you explain?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

First off it was a question mark at the end.

And Secondly:

28% for corporations 40% on small business that is already getting hammered by Obama care, and this living wage bullcrap.

Increased taxes+Obamacare+living wage was a conservative estimate and they didn't get 'Obama care waivers'.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
All US corporations should pay all US local, state and Federal taxes for all employees they employ. If they ship jobs overseas, they should still be paying US local, state and Federal taxes as if the employee is still working in the US. Our municipalities should not lose out because corps. sell out.

It's a simple formula: If they want to be known as American Corporations, they should be supporting America. And yes, American taxes are one of the lowest in the world, compared to other nations, so quit griping.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hey NSA drones, be good public servants and pass a message to chief ying yang for me.

GO TO HELL!

By the IRS's own tax code only corporations and aliens need to pay federal income tax you jackass, you probably think this country is a demacracy, oh that's right you do.

edit on 31-7-2013 by BelieveInEnoch because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2013 by BelieveInEnoch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Is there anything benefitting the middle class for these "discussed" tax cuts for corporations? I'm wondering how this might benefit the middle class.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOMof3
reply to post by macman

Since it was my life experience and I was born in 1951, I don't need you to tell me how I feel or what makes me happy.

I never stated I did.

People work to have an income. Yes or no?
People save money to build wealth. Yes or no?
People start businesses to have an income and build wealth. Yes or no?

This holier than though attitude you have to people of today, that are just trying to build wealth on their terms is really about the saddest thing I have come across.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

You forgot.
It is always different for progressives and liberals.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

First off it was a question mark at the end.

And Secondly:

Increased taxes+Obamacare+living wage was a conservative estimate and they didn't get 'Obama care waivers'.

OK the question mark at the end was throwing me off because it seemed like you were making a statement.

I just couldn't see how you were figuring 40% was double of 28% I see now you are saying that's with healthcare costs.

My next question is what kind of numbers are you getting with healthcare or can you show those numbers? I havn't seen any solid numbers on that as of yet so I assume you have heard something definitive.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

My next question is what kind of numbers are you getting with healthcare or can you show those numbers? I havn't seen any solid numbers on that as of yet so I assume you have heard something definitive.

If you want numbers here:

www.forbes.com...
kff.org...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Thanks for the links I am still a bit foggy on the numbers as the pertain to the OP but I see why you have the question mark now.

I haven't paid attention to what health Ins will cost because I am covered through VA and it does not affect me.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This doesnt suprise me at all, Obama and friends get almost nothing from the small business, so they wan't to run them out of town.

Fact is, Obama, and Democrats in general owe Unions big time, and Unions can't take over small businesses, So by weeding them out, we'll have nothing but big corporations, which are then prey for the Unions, who then bleed them dry, for ungodly amounts of money.

Democrats get the power and votes they want, Unions get to spread their vice grips on big corp bank accounts.

Yet only Republicans get the bad rap for being big business "freindly"...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I think this validates why Homeland Security was purchasing billions of rounds of ammo. They keep coming up with this crap and they know sooner or later we will say...NO MORE! Then the shtf.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

well the big corps need to stomp out any remaining competition with aid from the government. This will increase the amount of people in the work force there fore pushing wages down.

Big corps own the government.. not sure why people are surprised.

btw i thought obama was democrat not republican.

edit on 31-7-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join