It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

religion...and the gullible...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philodemus
reply to post by micmerci

You're asking for empirical evidence for conceptual methodology. Show me one piece of evidence the concept "god" is actually a concept. Show me the native theory of concepts within Biblical writings.

What I am asking is simply what was asked of me. I have Cartesian leanings in my philosophy in that I think the only thing that can be proven as fact is that I am a thinking being. Everything else allows room for doubt.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by punk316
Ok here is a question ...

If god sees all and is all powerful...and let say for arguments sake is good...why is he/she sitying back while animaps...child are abused ??'??

Those abuses add to said person's Karmic debt.... when they return home, they will receive exactly what they deserve... if that "debt" isn't resolved in this life...

Pain and suffering is a part of this life... the more you dish out... the more you get back

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

So what your saying is in "the next life" the people abused will be healed and the wrong doers punished ?? ...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Well what else would you call someone that believes in something based on pure faith???

dedicated?

edit on 30-7-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Lol ....misguided....desperate...

Can be that too if they go thru a amagydala fear overload. I am such an ass giving you hints that you will not understand what they mean.
. But the funny things others on this thread will probably get what I mean.

Seek first and find something then come back to discuss the nature of what you found. Or you can stand in Platos cave trying to see "what is" by the shadows on the cavewall. Your choice. Everybody have to run up the hill themselves to finally get the moment of clarity.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

So what your saying is in "the next life" the people abused will be healed and the wrong doers punished ?? ...

IF a "next life" is necessary here... said person will get exactly what he/she deserves...

the details have nothing to do with us... but rather, the actions or lack there of... of the individual

Some cases that might seem evil to some might have been necessary in the "grand scheme of things"...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

IF a "next life" is necessary here... said person will get exactly what he/she deserves...

the details have nothing to do with us... but rather, the actions or lack there of... of the individual

Some cases that might seem evil to some might have been necessary in the "grand scheme of things"...

And is your evidence for these crazy rules...lol

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

reply to post by punk316

How will god give me proof?? If god sees all knows all and has almighty power why am I an anit- theist?

That is for you to find out... IF that is what you truly seek...

Each persons experience with the divine is different...

Sometimes its just a feeling... sometimes its a blatant slap in the face...

More like being run over by a train or a mountain for me.
. I fell so insanely hard but the recoil upward was insanely fast afterwards.

Lol no it's not for me to find out...I don't believe...if god exists he would make his/her/itself plan and clear ...

What is the fun for god in that. God like playing hide and seek like a child seeing if you can figure out how the reality that is created works.
edit on 30-7-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by punk316

I have a basic question to religious believers...

Why is it you believe in something so unbelievable?

For some people, it doesn't even take 'believing'.
This is obviously not always the case but some people can go to Heaven and Hell and die and be resurrected and converse with angels and take God by the hand.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

And is your evidence for these crazy rules...lol

Is my evidence what?

Credible? Nope... not to you or anyone else I would suspect...

Verifiable? Yes... but anything I show you would be dismissed... thus it is pointless

No one can prove the existence of God to another... but one is able to prove it to themselves, if that is what you truly seek...

Do I hear an echo...?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle

reply to post by punk316

How will god give me proof?? If god sees all knows all and has almighty power why am I an anit- theist?

That is for you to find out... IF that is what you truly seek...

Each persons experience with the divine is different...

Sometimes its just a feeling... sometimes its a blatant slap in the face...

More like being run over by a train or a mountain for me.
. I fell so insanely hard but the recoil upward was insanely fast afterwards.

I was completely reduced to tears and brought to my knees when I "figured it out"...

Felt like my heart exploded... lol

Like I said... to each person its different, but God always gives what is needed to believe... sometimes nothing more unfortunately

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Punk316 wrote: Those that believe in a creator with no base in fact only faith..will believe anything!

reply to post by punk316

That is a ridiculously wild assumption...

You know what they say about those that assume right?

Is it really a wild assumption? Ask a believer in a god if they also believe in miracles, angels, an afterlife, demons, demonic possessions, exorcisms, a divine plan, that the universe was created just for mankind...

From what I believe but it might not be true.

Miracles do happen thru Synchronicity.

Angels I think are just souls like anyone else who have reached a higher state of awareness and become blessed.

Afterlife. I think the core soul continues but my personality I have now is not always kept.

Demons is a symbolic representation of the selfish ego. And I have meet people who are clearly insane on the ego and cause a lot of suffering thru violence and lack of empathy and dualistic behavior.

Exorcism. Putting them in a straight jacket and pumping them full of happy chemicals is probably better form my point of view.

A divine plan. I think there is one but unfortunately humanity have to become self sufficient and the plan involves everything that is so it is bigger than all the souls who reside here and is spanning billions of years.

Reality was not created for humans alone and humans are quarantined on all levels since humans as a whole are screwing up so much.

edit on 30-7-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

reply to post by LittleByLittle

With respect...that's nonsensical...just because there are some things science needs to research more doesnt mean people should make stuff up and call it the bbile...

Did I say I follow the bible. The bible is from my point of view a corrupted mess that should be avoided until you have guidance and can see the corruption and not get stuck in dogma. Jesus said his message would be corrupted and it was.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Those that believe in a creator with no base in fact only faith..will believe anything!

i can answer this question, for myself, anyway.

first is the issue of intelligent design.
originally, at the onset of the enlightenment period, it was deemed impossible for a human being to be created/cloned/copied. our science knew nothing about dna at the time, although i suspect some extremely
high ranking priests of the ancient egyptians and mesopotamians, knew quite well at one point, but they were lost to history, along with their knowledge.

today, we know it is possible to make clones, and if you read the text of the creation of the adam, they were created male and female in the image of the elohim (the gods). they were clones. new adam were created via cloning, so there was no pain in childbirth. the adam could not procreate at that point as they didn't have the equipment for procreation. that all changed when they were given "knowing" by the serpent (dna). in biblical lingo, knowledge at the time, meant to procreate, so the tree (family dna) of knowledge was that portion of dna that made it possible for the adam to procreate.

unfortunately, mammalian procreation (which is what humans have) results in pain during childbirth, thus the reference to having pain in childbirth from then on, where they didn't have pain before that. the hints are all over the text, big flashing, glaring, scientific clues. you just have to recognize the language and symbols.

there's alot more, but let's just start with that. i believe in intelligent design because it makes sense.

edit on 30-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I have a basic question to religious believers...

The deities are imminent to me. It is not faith since I experience them daily. It is a personal gnosis. How and why others believe based on faith, I don't know but I do respect it. We are hardwired to seek out our origins and that usually includes our spiritual origins as well as our physical ones. Some people never take an interest nor hear a calling and that's where you fit in. What's great about it is that you do fit in. Whatever is out there is out there, regardless of your belief or knowledge of it. There is no need for you to believe in anything.

If you were colorblind and we only knew one another on a deserted island, how would I convince you that I am not making up all this "color nonsense"?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by punk316

Perhaps it is that we can see, what you cannot.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

To answer your question with several questions... why do you find God to be such an unbelievable concept? There's no empirical evidence one way or the other, so why would you choose to believe the alternative that results in you winking out of existence the instant you die, rather than transforming into a being of pure thought and light? Hmm? You have an equal chance of being wrong or right, and there's no way to find out what's really going on until you die, after which it's too late to make your choice. Do you not want God to exist? If not, why not? Would it interfere with your lifestyle if you believed God was watching your every action? After all, the only, the ONLY, requirement is that you believe Christ died to save your soul from mortality, to be your bridge to paradise. Nothing else is required of any Christian. That belief does make you a better person, though. You want to be good after that. Is that what you want to avoid? Is that the reason you can't or won't believe? If not, what is your reason for disbelief? Seriously, I'd like to know.
edit on 7/31/2013 by Thought Provoker because: Formatting is important.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by punk316

Ok, so you are not religous. So you state anyone who is is gullable? That isn't very respectful.

The title alone ensures I will not even attempt to answer your question as you obviously are not asking out of interest.

Do you critisize everyone who holds a different outlook on life to yourself??? This says a lot more about you than anyone who you choose to ridicule.

How would you take a thread title named 'why are aethiests so stupid'? Im sure it would annoy a lot of good decent people. But yet here you are ridiculing people you dont even know. Im sure if we met face to face you wouldn't dare critisize my beliefs at all, but cowards use the internet for this. You pathetic person.

I thought you were a decent guy after posting on your bug out belt thread, how wrong I was.

Grow up and start acting like an adult.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I agree god is busy what with all the rapes..murders...wars and cruelty he's watching and doing nothiby about...

There is evidence for wind ...it can be physically felt ...

LOL... God doesn't intervene in human affairs my friend... We're on our own, and we always have been aside from a few "messengers" here and there...

The atrocities of our species has nothing to do with God... it is human selfishness that creates such things... Not God...

And by the way, God can also be physically felt... You experience it everyday...

You just don't realise it

Ummmm if God can't intervene with human affairs, why do billions of you pray to him asking for stuff every day??

I'm sorry but if god did exist, he is cruel twisted and evil. You are a stereotypical example of blind faith I'm afraid.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by punk316

Ok here is a question ...

If god sees all and is all powerful...and let say for arguments sake is good...why is he/she sitying back while animaps...child are abused ??'??

Well then, why don´t you do something about it ? But i guess it´s better to blame God for everything.

Peace

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Gulible?

Or just not intelligent enough to understand simple ethics and morals?

I know some smart people who are gullible and atheist.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join