It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

religion...and the gullible...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Give me just one piece of solid evidence?? Just one

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Though as I've said before.... even the most hardcore atheist turns to God in their darkest time...

LOL THAT is a wild assumption. Hardcore here, and no I don't turn to a nonexistent being for help when I feel helpless and hopeless. I turn to friends, and to the acceptance that life can be hard.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by punk316

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by punk316

How will god give me proof?? If god sees all knows all and has almighty power why am I an anit- theist?

That is for you to find out... IF that is what you truly seek...

Each persons experience with the divine is different...

Sometimes its just a feeling... sometimes its a blatant slap in the face...

Lol no it's not for me to find out...I don't believe...if god exists he would make his/her/itself plan and clear ...

So IF there is a creator of the universe, he should show himself to you to prove he exists?

Wouldn't you think he has better things to do?

You can't see the wind... yet im sure you believe it exists

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by Akragon

Though as I've said before.... even the most hardcore atheist turns to God in their darkest time...

LOL THAT is a wild assumption. Hardcore here, and no I don't turn to a nonexistent being for help when I feel helpless and hopeless. I turn to friends, and to the acceptance that life can be hard.

Whatever does it for ya bro...

There will come a time in every persons life where he/she will believe... Though in some cases it doesn't happen until the body ceases to function....

Fortunate for those people that its never too late...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I agree god is busy what with all the rapes..murders...wars and cruelty he's watching and doing nothiby about...

There is evidence for wind ...it can be physically felt ...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Those that believe in a creator with no base in fact only faith..will believe anything!

Those who do not seek what is and not seek themselves will never find out "what is" and only know what others tell them is.

Humans believe many strange things are true and many do not believe in normal things that science term as paranormal exists. If you have not experienced something and are told it is untrue then you do not believe it. I did not believe a few spiritual people when I was young because I had not experienced things myself.

What do you do when things you are told not exists suddenly say we exist and prove that they exists?

You do not need faith to find god in fact from my point of view faith in that you know the truth can get you stuck in dogma. Seek the source and you will get the message directly from it without the corruption from the people who say more than they know.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

If there was a god...why the he'll would anyone want to see...worship...praise such a pompous..evil creature?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Give me just one piece of solid evidence that the number 7 exists.

Give me just one piece of solid evidence that a thought exists.

Give me just one piece of solid evidence that love exists.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I agree god is busy what with all the rapes..murders...wars and cruelty he's watching and doing nothiby about...

LOL... God doesn't intervene in human affairs my friend... We're on our own, and we always have been aside from a few "messengers" here and there...

The atrocities of our species has nothing to do with God... it is human selfishness that creates such things... Not God...

And by the way, God can also be physically felt... You experience it everyday...

You just don't realise it

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

wrong... the effects of wind are what is physically felt

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

If there was a god...why the he'll would anyone want to see...worship...praise such a pompous..evil creature?

Sounds like you've been reading the Old testament... That is a record of a false God...

link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

With respect...that's nonsensical...just because there are some things science needs to research more doesnt mean people should make stuff up and call it the bbile...

link   
A better question would be, if I am to believe in the god of the religious man, by what means would I determine the difference between the religious man's God as He is and the one he may merely be imagining? If I imagine his god, what is the difference between my imaginary conception and his?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Why can't a perfect god, who's plans could not be frustrated by mere mortals, provide a true revelation that doesn't result in, at best, major errors and worst, massive blood shed for thousands of years?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

I'll take it you can't then lol

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I'll take it you can't then lol

And neither can you, nor science

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

You're asking for empirical evidence for conceptual methodology. Show me one piece of evidence the concept "god" is actually a concept. Show me the native theory of concepts within Biblical writings.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I have a basic question to religious believers...

Why is it you believe in something so unbelievable?

Isn't it a bit unbelievable that 13 billion years have elapsed and we aren't a dead planet yet? All the planets in our neighborhood are dead but some hint that they could have supported life at one time. Yet we are still here. No ELE's in 13 BILLION years! Unbelievable!

Not sure somebody haven't terraformed the planet and seeded it again after a ELE (Extinction Level Event). What is more improbable is that atomic war have been prevented. From my point of view: There is no chance that humanity in its ego immaturity would not have killed themselves off, if somebody was not making sure it was not happening. Humanity is quite suicidal in it's nature.
edit on 30-7-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philodemus
reply to post by Akragon

Why can't a perfect god, who's plans could not be frustrated by mere mortals, provide a true revelation that doesn't result in, at best, major errors and worst, massive blood shed for thousands of years?

Simply because power corrupts... and as I've said previously... We're on our own on this planet...

We're here to learn... to make peace from Chaos...

and not everyone passes this in this school

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Ok here is a question ...

If god sees all and is all powerful...and let say for arguments sake is good...why is he/she sitying back while animaps...child are abused ??'??

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join