It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

religion...and the gullible...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
reply to post by micmerci

The formation and evolution of the Solar System is estimated to have begun 4.6 billion of years ago. Also I believe Mars and Venus were suspected to once be able to have life on their soil. Also what does "ELE" mean?

Yeah what's ,ELE?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by punk316

What do you mean ??

What I mean is that every scientific fact today was yesterday's educated guess. Someone had to have faith in their observations, tests and even assumptions before anything could be considered fact

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

The formation and evolution of the Solar System is estimated to have begun 4.6 billion of years ago. Also I believe Mars and Venus were suspected to once be able to have life on their soil. Also what does "ELE" mean?

Yeah what's ,ELE?

Oh dear... We have a young one here...

Give it a few years brother.... You just might think differently about spiritual things...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Well what else would you call someone that believes in something based on pure faith???

dedicated?

edit on 30-7-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Lol ....misguided....desperate...

Judge them however you wish... that is your prerogative.

Though as I've said before.... even the most hardcore atheist turns to God in their darkest time...

Deep down everyone knows there is something much more to life then what we can see with our eyes

I've never preyed to s god only when I was a small kid at school...the minute I could work things out I stopped and never have since ...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Yeah what's ,ELE?

Fancy that, a gullible religious misguided nut telling a science minded genius what extinction level events are!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Why do you assume im young...why would feel different in a few years ...???

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

Yeah what's ,ELE?

Fancy that, a gullible religious misguided nut telling a science minded genius what extinction level events are!

Are you referring to me? I would have to say you're mistaken. I'm not a religious, misguided, or a nut. Though I wish I had some peanuts.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

Yeah what's ,ELE?

Are you referring to me? I would have to say you're mistaken. I'm not a religious, misguided, or a nut. Though I wish I had some peanuts.

nope referring to myself as the nut

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

No I asked you what your abbreviation ment...that's all ...and I didn't call you a nut either...interesting you label yourself that though..

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Well you're tossing around assumptions, so why can't I?

I would guess you're under 25?

only because there was a time where I had the same train of thought as yourself... thought I knew everything when In fact I didn't know a damn thing.

There comes a time in most people's lives when they realise the spirit within... for some its earlier, and for some its later in life...

Tell me... am I close?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

only because there was a time where I had the same train of thought as yourself... thought I knew everything when In fact I didn't know a damn thing.

There comes a time in most people's lives when they realise the spirit within... for some its earlier, and for some its later in life...

Tell me... am I close?

No im 31 ...educated and a free thinker...I just don't believe in s creator..there us no proof at all for one ..

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Tell me... am I close?

No im 31 ...educated and a free thinker...I just don't believe in s creator..there us no proof at all for one ..

hmm... fair enough

IF one truly seeks out God, he will give all the proof said person will ever need...

on the other hand some aren't meant to believe... Atheists have their place as well...

Im not trying to convert you by the way... Religions is bunk... spirituality on the other hand, is an entirely different subject... more of a personal journey

Give this a look over if you have time....

Who are you?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Tell me... am I close?

Educated is a relative term. Since you are educated, you are certainly aware that there exists many people with advanced degrees in the sciences that believe in a deity. Are these scientists and educators misguided as well?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Tell me... am I close?

hmm... fair enough

IF one truly seeks out God, he will give all the proof said person will ever need...

on the other hand some aren't meant to believe... Atheists have their place as well...

Im not trying to convert you by the way... Religions is bunk... spirituality on the other hand, is an entirely different subject... more of a personal journey

Give this a look over if you have time....

Who are you?

How will god give me proof?? If god sees all knows all and has almighty power why am I an anit- theist?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by punk316

How will god give me proof?? If god sees all knows all and has almighty power why am I an anit- theist?

That is for you to find out... IF that is what you truly seek...

Each persons experience with the divine is different...

Sometimes its just a feeling... sometimes its a blatant slap in the face...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

There are some scientists that believe in a creator...they have utterly no proof for it though...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Punk316 wrote: Those that believe in a creator with no base in fact only faith..will believe anything!

reply to post by punk316

That is a ridiculously wild assumption...

You know what they say about those that assume right?

Is it really a wild assumption? Ask a believer in a god if they also believe in miracles, angels, an afterlife, demons, demonic possessions, exorcisms, a divine plan, that the universe was created just for mankind...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

reply to post by punk316

That is for you to find out... IF that is what you truly seek...

Each persons experience with the divine is different...

Sometimes its just a feeling... sometimes its a blatant slap in the face...

Lol no it's not for me to find out...I don't believe...if god exists he would make his/her/itself plan and clear ...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

There are some scientists that believe in a creator...they have utterly no proof for it though...

You are correct. There will never be proof of a creator - only evidence.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Punk316 wrote: Those that believe in a creator with no base in fact only faith..will believe anything!

reply to post by punk316

That is a ridiculously wild assumption...

You know what they say about those that assume right?

Is it really a wild assumption? Ask a believer in a god if they also believe in miracles, angels, an afterlife, demons, demonic possessions, exorcisms, a divine plan, that the universe was created just for mankind...

I am a believer so to speak... Yet I don't believe in any of those.... aside from an afterlife...

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join