It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims promote Sharia law. Why do Christians not promote their law?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Jesus Himself started a new church and put Peter in charge .. Matthew 16:18-19 Jesus said - And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven

a perfect verse to give the pope unlimited authority and infallibility

He later told them to
preach to all nations. This commission
was especially given to PAUL. ...he is a chosen vessel unto Me, to
bear My name before the Gentiles, and
kings, and the children of
Israel..." (Acts 9:15). Go therefore and make disciples of all
the nations... (Matthew 28:19) Go into all the world and preach the
gospel to every creature. (Mark 16:15)

the oldest manuscript of Mark 16 don't have verses 9-20

Matthew has copied a lot from Mark and Acts was mostly written by Luke who was a student of Paul who already wanted to preach gentiles.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
You don't think they do?

Anti-abortion movements often see their inception with Evangelical movements.

ETA

Hell for a long time that was the republican go to, Christian values.
edit on 30-7-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

If Christians were serious about being anti-abortion they would offer more than just words of condemnation to the pregnant girls.

Children are raise by dollars and Christians are not putting their money where their badmouthing is.

Most Christian parents I know caught in such a predicament opted to have their child abort instead of finding another way or offering to keep the new grandchild.

Christians and most anti-abortion proponents are hypocrites.

Regards
DL

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
reply to post by Greatest I am

Western laws are based on the values from Christian (and Jewish) beliefs.
edit on 30-7-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

Yes. All plagiarized from older traditions.

www.dailymotion.com...

Nothing worthwhile in Christianity is original.

Regards
DL

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I won't argue with you there. But you asked why they don't promote them. To me they are already written within much of societies laws (borrowed or otherwise).

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

This indicates that either Muslims are more religious than Christians, or Christians know that their laws would never be accepted as the law of the land.

Meanwhile, the vast majority of nations have rejected both sets of religious laws for a more secular approach to law and governance.

With all respect, I think this indicates a need to look more into your topic for whats different in the two pictures here. Islam and Christianity.

Among other things, Christianity is a system formed in opposition from it's literal first day, to organized and standing Governments. Meanwhile, always working to find a comfortable spot to co-exist along side one's of all flavors, all over the world

Islam, on the other hand, is a system formed by what came TO form the Government/Caliphate and has always been a near inseparable mixture of Political, Cultural and Religious with hardly a line to speak of between them in many examples.

To assume one acts as the State while the other just the influence or inspiration behind it by some deliberate choosing of place just doesn't make sense to the two different systems of Religion, IMO.

Thanks for this.

To suggest separation of Christianity and the state is foolish if you recall that Constantine, a political figure bought the initial catholic Church and funded it's rise by killing off the competition and burning their scriptures.

"Among other things, Christianity is a system formed in opposition from it's literal first day, to organized and standing Governments."

I see this as completely wrong.
Give to Caesar, walk the extra mile are two examples of how Jesus towed the Roman line after they invented him.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

The simple truth is that the laws of this nation are based on Biblical truths. Many don't want to accept that, but it's a fact. These days, too, when Christians even express their views in the political arena, they are treated as though they have no right to do so. Not passing "Christian" laws, but simply operating under moral values, etc. Laws against murder, and stealing are Biblical.

Poorly informed I see. Let me help get you up to speed.

www.dailymotion.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by InverseLookingGlass
Catholics executed more people that have been killed by all Islamic terrorists put together.
But, time marches on. Catholics reformed their religion. No more beheading infidels and heretics. Good for them.

New Testament protestants also killed people regularly and unjustly in the American colonies. They were more mellow on murder in the name of the invisible dude in the sky.

A Religious clone won't recognize this, but the problem with religious law is it's always a cruel and oppressive apparatus invented by elites and used to gain power over other people, assets and lots of sex.

I have no use for wannabe Gods and their clones.

You see 20/20

Regards
DL

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Muslims promote Sharia law. Why do Christians not promote their law?

Most Christians are kept under control by SECULAR RULE OF LAW.

Unfortunately, most Muslims have Islamic rule of law in their countries.
So they get to push their religions and aren't kept under control

That's the key .... keep religion out of government that way the different religions can't force their
ignorance on others and there aren't fights over which religion is running things.

If the entire world were run under secular rule of law, people would be a lot better off.

I agree.

Regards
DL

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Matthew 22:36
“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
38 This is the first and greatest commandment.
39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Kinda hard to enforce.

edit on 31-7-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

And who would want such rules to begin with?

You cannot legislate love towards invisible absentee Gods and if you love everyone the same way then there is no special love for those close to you.

Rhetoric is so useless.

Regards
DL

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by logical7

because Christians were sold the idea that they have gone past the need to have a Law as the Holy Spirit Itself guides them! and Jesus pbuh paid the price to set them free from the Law. Very convinient and appealing to buy.
In reality they have two options to follow, either the Law Moses pbuh got or the Sharia Muhammad pbuh got otherwise they cannot claim to be obedient to God.

Yet better than 50%of Christians are divorced against the laws of God and most Muslims do not allow for the equality of women and gays as a good God would demand so from MPOV, both your systems are not worth #.

Regards
DL

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699

What are you talking about many countries have adopted Christianity as there primary religion, all of north america for one. Most of the laws that form our society stem from Christianity. That's why in north america you have several christian churches in most neighborhoods. That's why we love our neighbors as ourselves, and we do unto others as we'd have others do unto us. And why we have a normal well structured civil society. Without any christian moral fiber in place the nation would be in chaos, and we've seen more and more as newer and newer generations are starting to stray from God and to all the endless secular humanism what that's brought to our society in so many negative and evil ways.

Such as all the things your barbaric son murdering God hates. Right?

As to your overall view. Look again for the first time.

www.dailymotion.com...

Nothing worthy in Christianity is original to it.

It has all been plagiarized from older traditions and faiths.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I won't argue with you there. But you asked why they don't promote them. To me they are already written within much of societies laws (borrowed or otherwise).

Where is it written in any secular law that fornicators and unruly children can be stoned?

Sure, we can cherry pick the big ten and others that were known way before Christianity was invented by Rome but the really good laws from God himself in the O T like the ones I mentioned are never spoken of.

Regards
DL

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Oh...I get it this is Anti-Christian rant bash my bad...moving on.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Oh...I get it this is Anti-Christian rant bash my bad...moving on.

More anti-all religions.
You are the one who focused on Christianity so ya, move along.

Regards
DL

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

If the entire world were run under secular rule of law, people would be a lot better off.

Except unborn people who are murdered in utero. 40 million a year in the U.S. alone, so don't go selling secular law as being any type of savior. The U.S. legalized genocide, so to say secular rule of law is anything of note is ridiculous. But it's ok to kill babies right? Because it's not in the name of any religion. Flyers don't make me barf. The whole damn world has gone insane.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Except unborn people who are murdered in utero. 40 million a year in the U.S. alone, so don't go selling secular law as being any type of savior. The U.S. legalized genocide, so to say secular rule of law is anything of note is ridiculous. But it's ok to kill babies right? Because it's not in the name of any religion. Flyers don't make me barf. The whole damn world has gone insane.

Tell us, are the majority of abortions in the U. S. not from Christian mothers?

Christians and Catholics are the vast majority.

Or are you saying that most of those abortions are from the 5% or so who claim to be atheists?

Regards
DL

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

The simple truth is that the laws of this nation are based on Biblical truths. Many don't want to accept that, but it's a fact. These days, too, when Christians even express their views in the political arena, they are treated as though they have no right to do so. Not passing "Christian" laws, but simply operating under moral values, etc. Laws against murder, and stealing are Biblical.

Poorly informed I see. Let me help get you up to speed.

www.dailymotion.com...

Regards
DL

Nope, not even close. Perhaps you should look for better sources.

2'nd line.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
A rather useless suggestion.

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join