It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overpasses-Americans United against Tyranny.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I wanted to pass some thoughts and ideas about a movement I’m considering here in the near future. To avoid and T&C issues, I am NOT asking anyone to participate in this movement, I am only asking your thoughts/advice/ideas on this particular movement I am considering.

Just recently, I participated in a protest called “Overpasses to impeach Obama”. It has been gaining a lot of strength, and I see this movement going places. BUT, I think a lot more people are looking at the bigger picture. I believe that Obama is just a small link on this long chain. And I believe that even if we were to remove Obama from the picture, things will probably be the same, whether Obama is in office or not. We have been reaching out to a lot of people doing the "overpass" thing, but I want to push this a little further.

I were thinking somewhere in the area of “Overpasses-Americans United against Tyranny. It could be something a little different, but I think you get the gist of it.Thinking about what is going on with the “overpasses to impeach Obama”, I figured that a lot more people would be willing to participate in a movement that were to protest against the Gov., who would put forth tyranny onto the American people. Sure, Obama is a component, but there are others in power that is doing more damage to Americans than Obama could ever throw at us. And those in power will be there long after Obama is gone. And if we do Impeach Obama, where do we go next? I am thinking about the big picture, Congress, DOJ, Supreme Court, NSA, the Fed, etc..,Everything big Government in this movement. When I were talking about “Overpasses-Americans United against tyranny”, I were thinking “united”, meaning all walks of life, creed, color, sexual orientation, etc., coming together in this movement. “Americans”, of course that’s for all Americans, and” tyranny”, that would be Cruel and oppressive government or rule over Americans.

So, I have some questions..

Would you be more willing to participate/protest in a movement that emphasizes more towards the Government than just one person?

Would you be willing to stand side by side with different faiths, creeds, colors, sexual orientations, etc., to oppose big Government in a protest?

Are there any of you who like Obama, but are against big Gov., and would be willing to protest alongside a person who does not like Obama?

Are people too scared to join a movement?

I really believe the only way we are going to make the difference in America, is if ALL Americans come together to fight the good fight. There is so much division these days. Is it even possible for Americans to put their indifferences to the side to fight this fight against tyranny?

I am looking for some ideas and suggestions. What are your thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Propulsion..

edit on 30-7-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Well if you want to effect change, aim for what will do the most.

No more career politicians, its the root of all the problems, they get bought for life.

In that vein Lobby reform.

and or Campaign finance.

People should always vote the incumbent out, they all had their chance.

Ill put away the soap box now.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

No more career politicians, its the root of all the problems, they get bought for life.

and or Campaign finance.

I appreciate your input. I see a lot of people coming together to try to impeach obama, but some just can't seem to look outside the box. If we are to ever to make any progress, ALL Americans are going to have to come together. I mean, is that even possible?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion

and or Campaign finance.

I appreciate your input. I see a lot of people coming together to try to impeach obama, but some just can't seem to look outside the box. If we are to ever to make any progress, ALL Americans are going to have to come together. I mean, is that even possible?

In the age of the internet? perhaps, but no one is even spreading the right message, all Anon/Occ/and what ever else does is focus on things that sure could help if implemented.

Its very simple though, Politicians are the root of the problem, if they thought we had the balls to vote them out for their mistakes they'd toe the line quick.

There is a reason we are told with a loud and constant voice our votes don't count.
edit on 30-7-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The only way I can see to form a government that cannot be corrupted beyond all comprehension..... Reps are not elected, but drafted. If you are over 30, never been convicted of a serious crime, and are not legally insane, you are entered into said draft. That eliminates bribery VIA campaign donations right there.

As a rep, you get to live in a nice house, get fed free, and get free transportation. You get a 20k a year salary, once you been selected as a rep, that is it. One term only. Sure not perfect by any means, but it sounds a hell of a lot better than what we got now.....
edit on Tue, 30 Jul 2013 20:27:53 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

All Democrats and Republicans must be removed from office. And they must be prevented from ever holding office again.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

and or Campaign finance.

In the age of the internet? perhaps, but no one is even spreading the right message, all Anon/Occ/and what ever else does is focus on things that sure could help if implemented.

Its very simple though, Politicians are the root of the problem, if they thought we had the balls to vote them out for their mistakes they'd toe the line quick.

There is a reason we are told with a loud and constant voice our votes don't count.

If politicians are the root of the problem, why do we need them. In the age of the Internet and instant communication why do we need representatives? I have no idea what a senator does but seriously, why can't we have a system where we vote by email or twitter or something similar. My representatives voting down the amash Ammendment made me question who it is they're representing. They don't speak for me. Why can't we have a system where we can speak for ourselves?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by riffraff

and or Campaign finance.

If politicians are the root of the problem, why do we need them. In the age of the Internet and instant communication why do we need representatives? I have no idea what a senator does but seriously, why can't we have a system where we vote by email or twitter or something similar. My representatives voting down the amash Ammendment made me question who it is they're representing. They don't speak for me. Why can't we have a system where we can speak for ourselves?

And did you write you're senator before the amendment passed?

Sometimes you got to try the current system before throwing it out.

If enough people voted out the reps that voted No on that amendment out of office they would get the message.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

and or Campaign finance.

I don't mind people in office that have been there long enough to know how to get things done. The real problem is that our government is a closed system, with no way for the citizens to respond or effect change in a swift manner. We The People need a back door somehow, to be able to tell the government things like, "Hey, no drones," "Hey, no spying on U.S. citizens," and have these demands enacted upon immediately.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

i honestly didnt know anything about it beforehand. i dont know how i missed it, but surely that is a reflection of the problem also..i couldn't have been the only one. i feel confident that if i asked ten people on the street what the amash amendment was four of them wouldnt have a clue either but rest assured i will be voting in the next election
edit on 31-7-2013 by riffraff because: (no reason given)

top topics

join