It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fleeing the UK/USA after SHTF

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

Shiloh is a great name.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sunburst

Thank you kindly

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by punk316

Top 10 Best Countries to Live in 2013

Why wait for SHTF?
Leave before then so you can beat the rush.

If you don't like where you are; MOVE. You're not a tree.

The Netherlands sound like Heaven. Where's the catch?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Remember folks...if your leaving your home and everything behind...I hope you have a way to survive for the months it will take to grow your own food...its not like most of you are going to someplace that is 100% ready for you, so you bug out, your travel to your spot...ok did you bring enough food to get you through?
If its say june and you leave your home...it will be over a year in most areas in the states before you can have a garden produce any amount of anything, due to the growing season, southern US well that can be a little different, don't forget your seeds....
if its late fall...you have winter, spring and part of summer, to get through before anything will be grown up enough, for you to have grown your own food...providing you are not ran off or raided by others while your waiting for everything to grow...and also providing fish or game will be tougher ...due to millions of others doing the same thing...so your hunting animals could be very poor and non productive...just things to keep in mind...and fishing rivers and streams...well you might have trouble there also, with everyone again setting lines and doing exactly what your doing....so again ...why would you leave your home with everything there...for life in the unknown...unless your at ground zero and have to bug out...that IMO is the last thing I want to do is leave...

edit on 8-8-2013 by saltdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I'm sure there will be shoot-to-kill orders at all US border checkpoints; don't want our slave force getting away from us, now do we? But they can't watch every inch of woods/desert, so people will get out. Then what? If the US goes down, Canada and Mexico (and the world) won't be far behind. You'll have to run/fight/survive for thousands of miles. You could take a boat, if you have one, but most people won't. When you do get to another country, you'll likely be turned away, jailed as a spy, or just have your stuff confiscated. I would say "bug in."

The UK is an island...y'all are screwed.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I'd simply recommend looking at a night satellite pic of the UK and the USA. See the dark areas away from all the lights? Go THERE when the SHTF....
The bigger the area of darkness, the safer you'll likely be...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'd simply recommend looking at a night satellite pic of the UK and the USA. See the dark areas away from all the lights? Go THERE when the SHTF....
The bigger the area of darkness, the safer you'll likely be...

That's fine and all to try to do that, however if your going to be traveling hundreds of miles or more...your going to be going right through areas that others would already be...and you would also be trespassing on many peoples land, with everyone freaking out and on edge...are you sure you want to travel??
I do not know about all of you, but I know that if TSHTF, I have no plans on leaving or traveling anytime I do not have to...at least not until things are not so crazy, 1 in the hand is always better than 2 in the bush...

I am from the dark areas on the map, those are areas of people that know how to get by without power for weeks at a time, they deal with floods, terrible winter storms, flooding, tornado's and everything else that people on the heavier populated areas freak about...yet it is a normal thing for them....and they don't ask for help or need it...to rebuild or fix what get damaged. You would also be crossing there land, and going through there fields...that could be very deadly for you, depending on what all has happened.
That's just my input for what it is worth.....

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
That all depends on what kind of SHTF scenario you're talking about. Global? Domestic? If we're talking global SHTF, I'm not sure where the safest to beeline it to would be. If we're talking domestic, as in a civil war, I've got a few ideas of where to go. I firmly believe if the US devolved into all-out war, it will never get better until it completely self-destructs into a total 3rd world hellhole, but it's not worth the risks to stick around for that sideshow to cease. I live in FL, so boating down to Cuba wouldn't be a huge problem. Cuba wouldn't be the final destination, though, it'd be the starting point. There's a few South American countries I'd consider, and a few European ones. I'd have to either brush up on the languages I can already speak in a "broken" capacity, or learn a new one, but it's doable for me & the fam either way.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

I do not know about all of you, but I know that if TSHTF, I have no plans on leaving or traveling anytime

I don't either, but this thread isn't about us...
It's about fleeing.

Personally, I live on a ranch in one of those dark areas, so I'm content to stay.
However, I also have the contingency plan in case I do have to leave. I have a horse trailer with living area that has got some stocked supplies, so if we do need to leave, we can do so with at least something...including the horses.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

If we're talking global SHTF, I'm not sure where the safest to beeline it to would be.

In most scenarios, groups of other survivors are still going to be your biggest threat. That's why the areas that aren't as populated, can be the safest places to go. It really does depend on the scenario though. For example, if a nuclear war or disaster, and you aren't in the concentric circles of the blast, you still have to worry about which way the radiation is going to blow, so you'll want to head towards an area out of that path.

Many of us raised in the Cold War were taught that if nuclear war happened, it was game over. That really isn't so. Plenty survived Nagasaki and Hiroshima for example. There are lots of ways one can get through it, as long as they aren't in the area of the firestorm....or even if a nuclear plant (or many) has a meltdown.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
If your plan is to leave the country your in... I suggest that you go before IT happens, so your where you need/want to be with the things you think you will need to get through it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join