It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats wrong with ATS's curse censors?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damian65
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

By the way....political correct speech and thin skinned sissies are going to be the downfall of our country...words are words...they are expressions of thought...they are not good or bad....it is a small mind that judges words...the thought behind the words is all that matters.

edit on 8/1/2013 by Damian65 because: (no reason given)

To be fair,
There have been quite a few words thrown around lately that are clear expressions of childish and immature thought.
The immature mind screams that they have the right to express themselves as childishly and offensively as they want and that's just fine.
The small minds display the lack of thought behind their words quite clearly.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I agree, Dick Cheney should not be mentioned here. But Pussy Riot should.

So you want a MOD who is able to take out all that what we don't want? I think, we would not even have a consent on too many things.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by Damian65
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

By the way....political correct speech and thin skinned sissies are going to be the downfall of our country...words are words...they are expressions of thought...they are not good or bad....it is a small mind that judges words...the thought behind the words is all that matters.

edit on 8/1/2013 by Damian65 because: (no reason given)

To be fair,
There have been quite a few words thrown around lately that are clear expressions of childish and immature thought.
The immature mind screams that they have the right to express themselves as childishly and offensively as they want and that's just fine.
The small minds display the lack of thought behind their words quite clearly.

What is a "curse word" but descriptive words you have been told you should be offended by? I could pick any random adjective, noun, verb, etc out of your sentence and claim to be insulted by it, and that you are unintelligent, immature, childish, for using it. It has absolutely no basis in reality, only the conditioned opinion of someone unable to rationalize the thinking behind their emotions.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

What is a "curse word" but descriptive words you have been told you should be offended by? I could pick any random adjective, noun, verb, etc out of your sentence and claim to be insulted by it, and that you are unintelligent, immature, childish, for using it. It has absolutely no basis in reality, only the conditioned opinion of someone unable to rationalize the thinking behind their emotions.

Maybe you just missed the point.

People..... not words....... are the ones that display immaturity by using words offensively.

I'm merely suggesting that most people have the ability to be mature in their method of communication.

They might even chose to use it from time to time.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I used to have a problem where (not sure if was ATS mind) if I wrote the name of my home county, Cumbria, it would always show up as ***bria, twas bloody annoying.

Also, the American word for bottom, or bum, is actually an offensive word in the UK in reference to a womans privates. (Fan*y).

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

edit on 2-8-2013 by GoldenBrain71 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join