It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug Penalty’s causeing a bigger drug problem?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
LMAO

Did this thread just get 404'd and put back?

Originally posted by Phoenix267
reply to post by benrl

I understand it's scary. Imagine how easy it is to go to jail or prison if you commit a small crime.

Yeah, more so when others had been caught with the same, but apparently it was only needed for the Hispanic student to have the police called etc.

It was a scandal on campus for some time afterward.
edit on 30-7-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Look at the US, Mandatory Minimum Sentencing laws = Prison population the likes of which the world has never seen.

Oh please the US has anywhere between 330 million to 350 million people living here with less than 1% in prison.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Still far higher than over countryin the world.

So your prison system is hardly working

And its far from soughting out drug crimes is ?
edit on 30-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by benrl

Look at the US, Mandatory Minimum Sentencing laws = Prison population the likes of which the world has never seen.

Oh please the US has anywhere between 330 million to 350 million people living here with less than 1% in prison.

And China a communist countries rate blows ours out of the water comparing population to prison percentages.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

And China a communist countries rate blows ours out of the water comparing population to prison percentages.

And?

China puts drug traffickers to death, and other 'offenders'.
edit on 30-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So locking addicts up for dozens of years, most of whom have mental health issues or past trauma is a great way to solve the problems?

Forhot rehab and pyco therapy when you can lock them in the big house and forget about them?

How humane of you

And you can see how its working or not working as i should say.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
reply to post by neo96

Still far higher than over countryin the world.

So your prison system is hardly working

And its far from soughting out drug crimes is ?

Is there a point there?

Population of:

Denmark is 5,5 million
Sweden is 10 million
Germany 80 millliion
France 65 million
Netherlands is 17 million
Canada 35 million
Austrailia 23 million
Uk is 63 million

Get the Idea right?

Less people and none of those states border Mexico, and Central America.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

So locking addicts up for dozens of years, most of whom have mental health issues or past trauma is a great way to solve the problems?

Don't have a problem with it all they have to do is 'Just say no' like millions of other people do

Forhot rehab and pyco therapy when you can lock them in the big house and forget about them?

They do say don't commit the crime if they can't handle the time.

To repeat Just say no.

How humane of you And you can see how its working or not working as i should say.

Why yes it is because I gots 99 problems and an addict ain't one of them.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Actualy it is you that does not get the idea

Its population of prisoners per 100,000.

Its mesured like that so ones population of the entire country is taken into acount like a ratio

I love when you try to be smart

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Im sorry most of these addicts have mental health issues that were undiagnosed, many have victims of abuse or suffers of PTSD looking for a way out. Hence turning to drugs.

You would throw them to the dogs in prison when there are better options?

Why should a desprate mentaly ill person get more years in prison than a rapest?

Why? They dont hurt you, they are normaly not violent so why lock them up as dangous when with proper treatment they could give up those drugs sort there internal issues and become productive members of socity? Why?

Your whole attitude is in my opinion uncareing and vile.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Actualy it is you that does not get the idea

Its population of prisoners per 100,000.

Its mesured like that so ones population of the entire country is taken into acount like a ratio

I love when you try to be smart

I love it when people don't read

Less than 1% is in prison even less considering that amount includes other offenses.

I find it hilarious as someones claim to be intellectually 'superior'.

Keep spinning that false narrative by all means.
edit on 30-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Im sorry most of these addicts have mental health issues that were undiagnosed, many have victims of abuse or suffers of PTSD looking for a way out. Hence turning to drugs.

Awe the famous victim complex make excuses for what other people do not ever their fault always someone else's

Pricless

You would throw them to the dogs in prison when there are better options? Why should a desprate mentaly ill person get more years in prison than a rapest?

Ask the law makers.

Why? They dont hurt you, they are normaly not violent so why lock them up as dangous when with proper treatment they could give up those drugs sort there internal issues and become productive members of socity? Why?

Oh so addicts don't have the voluntary action to get help themselves?

Why yes they do.

Your whole attitude is in my opinion uncareing and vile.

Thank You.however anyone playing the victim card here is what I find uncaring and vile.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Uncareing?

Because i would see addicts on there there conviction go to rehab so they have a chance of becomeing healthycontributing members of socitey?

Why throw drug addicts in jail with little hope of rehabilitation, people i may add that on the whole dont hurt anyone when there is a far better option, court orderd rehab.?

Is that not the point of the court system? Justice, rehablitaion and keeping dangrous people off the streets. Now seeing a addict is not normally dangrous in them selfs, nor have they normaly hurt someone then surely the courts duty is to rehabilitate them so they can become productive members of society.

Tell me neo what does throwing these people into prison and throwing away the key accomplish? Please tell how does it benifit society? Hoe can it be justifief when far better and more humane alternatived exist? Why carry on with the old way when a new one is better?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Oh so addicts don't have the voluntary action to get help themselves? Why yes they do.

Keep ignoring that.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Gosh crazyewok...that certainly is a big question, isn't it....
I guess my opinion would be that a punishment should fit the crime, and as long as there seems to be a financial incentive to imprison non-violent drug users and small time "entrepreneurs" it's hard to believe the motives are genuinely concerned with the well-being of the of the people thrown in jail.

As you point out, the success rate is good for people that receive treatment, but it seems that is too often a "luxury"
and not an option for everyone that finds themselves addicted to lot's of terrible stuff in this World.....

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

To the question is should we be locking addicts away like scum? Or sending them to rehab centres were they can get help?

IMO, the act of being addicted to anything should not be policed at all. We do have laws in place that punish acts of thievery and violence and the criminalization of personal behavior is far and above something the federal government should be concerning itself with. I am uninformed as to the cost of imprisonment in the UK, but here in the US the costs are astronomical, and the only folks that seem to benefit from this kind of government sponsored behavior modification are prison industries and the cartels.

Penny

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I am genuinely astonished Neo that you would take this stance when you have stated many times that the intrusion of the government and what we both might consider unwarranted governmental interference in similar such liberties is a line that should never be crossed.

How is this issue unique as far as civil liberties are concerned, and why do you feel that this is one of the few times these liberties should rightly be infringed upon ?

Penny

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Anyone who cannot understandthat much of our laws are created with the welfare of the elite in mind.Not the welfare of the people.
The entire `drug problem`history goes back to the Opium wars in China.
The use of drug addiction to enslave whole populations is not a new one...
The elite have been playing this game for centuries.
The wealth of the poor is harvested in this way......

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Oh so addicts don't have the voluntary action to get help themselves? Why yes they do.

Keep ignoring that.

And you ignoreing why lock the,m up as there are better alternatives,

Locking them up in jail accomplashes nothing,,zero.

Should not the effort be on rehab and doing something effective.

But seeing as you dont have the intelligance to understand how population per 100,000 im guesing you dont have the brains to grasp how rehabilitation is far more effective than throwing someone in jail. I mean 20 years in jail or a year in rehab honnestly whats more resonble?

And you say just say no ? Well some of there people are so damagef mentaly and desprate will power is barely there.

You seem to know ZERO on this subject.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Really? The vast majority of folks I have know that became drug addicts did so starting out looking to have a bit of fun or kick. For most it was just the thing to do in ones youth.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join