You like math? I don't...can you solve this?

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Assuming 3.629kg equals 1 gallon (128 oz to a gallon )
How many 1/2oz units do you get from 1.5kg?

I know I'm missing the obvious solution?
Can you solve this and explain how you reached your answer?
It would help a mathematically
challenged fellow...
Thank you




posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by exdog5
 


hmmm 105.81 1/2 oz units?


My simple calculation feel free to correct.

1.500kg / 3.629 kg = 41.3%

41.3% x 128 oz = 52.91 oz

52.91 oz x2 = 105.81 1/2 oz.
edit on 7/30/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by exdog5
 


105.8

3.629 kg/gal

128 oz = 1 gal

1.5 kg/3.629 kg/gal = .4133 gal

.4133 gal x 128 oz/gal = 52.9 oz

52.9 oz x 2 = 105.8 half ounce servings.



posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by exdog5
 


2*128*1.5/3.629=105.81 1/2oz Units



posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
128/3.69 kg = x

then multiply x by 1.5 = y

then multiply y by 2 and you get ur answer
edit on 30-7-2013 by thegoods724 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
52.9109 x 2

Google Does Measurements

edit on 30-7-2013 by FORMe2p00p0n because: couldn't get the poop out



posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Wow!!! Thank you all very much!

I did learn something useful today.
It may seem odd, but I have some difficulty when I think too hard
on things, I lose sight of the obvious.

...not just math



posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FORMe2p00p0n
52.9109 x 2

Google Does Measurements

edit on 30-7-2013 by FORMe2p00p0n because: couldn't get the poop out


Handy! Thank you



posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Easy


42



posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Easy


42



posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by exdog5
Wow!!! Thank you all very much!

I did learn something useful today.
It may seem odd, but I have some difficulty when I think too hard
on things, I lose sight of the obvious.

...not just math




You learned how to get a bunch of people to do your homework for you!



Just kidding. I couldn't pass it up



posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
first double post ever!
edit on 30-7-2013 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by exdog5
Assuming 3.629kg equals 1 gallon (128 oz to a gallon )
How many 1/2oz units do you get from 1.5kg?

I know I'm missing the obvious solution?
Can you solve this and explain how you reached your answer?
It would help a mathematically
challenged fellow...
Thank you


Cross multiply.

3.629/128 = 1.5/x Where x = ounces

192 = 3.629x
divide 192 by 3.629

192/3.629 = x

52.9071 = x

So x is how many ounces in 1.5 kg, so just multiply that by 2 to get how many half ounce units it will take to get 1.5 kg. aka 105.814

so in short, the answer is 105.814 1/2 ounce units.





top topics
 
0

log in

join