It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultimate Propaganda Fail: North Korean Fanny Pack Nukes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This video has been making the rounds today:

Clumsy attempt to impress their own, makes them the laughing stock of the international community (again) when leaked.

A spokesperson for the South Korean Ministry of National Defense, Kim Min Seok told a regular briefing on the morning of the 29th, “Nuclear backpacks are an extremely small type of nuclear weapon; you need very advanced skills in order to miniaturize like that," before noting, "Experts do not believe that North Korea has reached the ability to manufacture these backpacks.”

www.dailynk.com...

Fanny pack full of styrofoam: The NK Propaganda Ministry is the gift that keeps on giving.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
LOL...those are awesome. I wonder if they make action figures of these guys for the kids to play with in NK? Guess it could be something in line with the W54 developed in the US. Wonder whatever happened to all of those... They were developed in the 1960's so I would imagine many other countries would have the capabilities to produce the same or smaller at this point.

edit on 7/30/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Is it propaganda ????

www.abovetopsecret.com...

them bags are a lot larger than a tennis ball.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Kim and his comedy troupe he calls a Government just hear this stuff in media then make up their own statements to whatever sounds good, it seems. This must be a look at North Korea and how it is to live there. You get told what they want to say, whatever truth may or may not held within it, and you'll get sent to labor camps or shot if you don't smile and accept it.

Poor little Kim was feeling left out...so now HE has to have "backpack" nukes too? It's more pathetic than funny..but then, Kim *IS* pathetic so it's sure no surprise. I wonder how the U.S. efforts to talk are going? By these announcements and the party over the Pueblo last week? I'm guessing they could be better. lol
edit on 30-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
You know this side of the pond Fanny is a nickname for lady bits
....we call em bum bags

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Im confused. What makes it an "ultimate propaganda fail" and why are they a "laughing stock"?

The article only says "experts" dont believe NK has the ability to produce small nukes. But its neither proven nor disproven whether they do or not.

Im not going to trust any government sources on anything, whether they are "experts" or not. So really theres no reliable data about whether NK has these or not. Just some pictures and a relatively neutral short news article.

BTW, since Im sure we are all living in The West, we really shouldnt be laughing and making fun of anyone, no matter how comical they may seem. The West is falling into tyranny at an alarming rate, and there is absolutely nothing to laugh about.

Theres a lot more serious matters at hand for us than inflating our egos with false pride by making fun of another country, whoever it may be.

edit on 7/30/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Eidolon23

The old USSR said the same thing about our W48 nukes for the 155mm howitzers, The US said the same thing about the USSR Tzars Bomb, and we all said it about China "China will never have the bomb they do not know how ,its all made up, you know it can not be, the Teck does not not exist" yet they all do or did exist. When it comes to weapons WMD's anything goes, no matter how insane or improbable it might be. now if DPRK said they have Bio or Chem fanny packs we would all be worrying but because it is said to be nukes we laugh.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Im confused. What makes it an "ultimate propaganda fail" and why are they a "laughing stock"?

The article only says "experts" dont believe NK has the ability to produce small nukes. But its neither proven nor disproven whether they do or not.

Oh come now. No offense, but the basic laws of human development and technological achievement didn't just suspend themselves to make magic happen like a Harry Potter movie in North Korea.

They *JUST* succeeded in making one go bang and do it like they intended for it, fairly recently. After having been the first nation in world history to make a full attempt to make a nuclear detonation and then FAIL? Well... Even they had to get it right eventually.

However, to suggest they have the highest tech developments our world has achieved in this area, anywhere in this world...just because they wanted to make them?

It's like saying a guy who just graduated from remedial writing and comprehension went out the following weekend and wrote War and Peace in his spare time. It's absurd to the point of Laugh Out Loud, IMO.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
As history has shown us, places like N.K. have used stories to try and sway minds of the world for a while.

But let's think for a moment, and wonder what about a time this could be true? With robotic technology encompassing the world, it's not too far fetched to understand skills are digitized now, so someone can live an work in one country but still carry out work for another country inside their secure network.

Sooner or later this kind of threat will be followed up with it's example.

Cry wolf, kill yourself, Cry nuke an kill the world.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
They probably have them, China has become adept at absorption of American tech and more importantly tactics, one of our lessons to the world this past century was how to support regimes for your own purposes and later turn your back on them.

My guess is China behind the scenes slips NK whatever they ask for with a plan of both getting their hands on the Korean peninsula / coming off as an "American style global Hero" by intervening when or if they are actually dumb enough to use it.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Its funny until you hear KaBooM.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Oh come now. No offense, but the basic laws of human development and technological achievement didn't just suspend themselves

Of course they didnt... how can something that doesnt exist suspend itself?

But if people want to believe there are such things because its scary to contemplate possible realities without them, go nuts.

However, to suggest they have the highest tech developments our world has achieved in this area, anywhere in this world...

Thats simply not a factual statement.

en.wikipedia.org...

"The M-388 round used a version of the W54 warhead, a very small sub-kiloton fission device. The Mk-54 weighed about 51 lb"
"The complete round weighed 76 lb (34.5 kg). It was 31 in. (78.7 cm) long with a diameter of 11 in."
"Production of the Davy Crockett began in 1956"

This is an example of a, relatively speaking, tiny nuclear device. Its almost 60 years old. There is nothing "highest tech development in the world" about small nuclear devices.

It's like saying a guy who just graduated from remedial writing and comprehension went out the following weekend and wrote War and Peace in his spare time. It's absurd to the point of Laugh Out Loud, IMO.

Hubris... its a major problem in The West. Its part of why we are in the process of losing everything that once upon a time actually made us great.

In fact its pretty much already all gone. We only have the formalities that need completing now.

There is nothing you, I, nor anyone else should be laughing at, putting down, making fun of, or acting haughty about.

Its pathetic. Its the drug addict laughing at the alcoholic.

edit on 7/30/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
You know this side of the pond Fanny is a nickname for lady bits
....we call em bum bags

Ha...I made the mistake of asking my Aussie friend if she brought her fanny pack on a ski trip in the states a number of years back....almost got slapped and had no idea until she told me what it meant in Australia.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
lolololol (sorry), but OH. The irony.

Manning faces 19 counts for exposing corruption in the US government. No one really cares.

But hey let's make fun of another country because their regime is, well, it's just like ours!

Or..

Is ours like theirs?

The world may never know.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Okay, you go on believing that one of the poorest nations in the world, without enough tech to light more than a couple areas of their entire nation by electricity, has trumped or matched the highest weapons tech of the most advanced powers. (The SADM or Davy Crocket atomic warheads are beyond anything they've indicated or proven capable of....by a good margin, it would seem)

I'll go on with reality and a basis in fact that indicates North Korea's ACTUAL....not fanciful or pretend...level of development and ability to project power is so woefully short of that level, they are clowns in a circus on this topic. I'll tell ya, Kim's always good for a belly laugh though. I don't know who writes his comedy material, but it's good!

* Not every enemy has super-powers to do the impossible with nothing ........and fearing that they CAN is what OUR side gets off on putting us in a state of mind for, 24/7 these days. Fear Fear Fear. Must have Fear! Lets tell everyone North Korea can now walk a backpack into Grand Central Station and nuke a million people or some such nonsense, right? Fear....it's all that matters.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Let's put it another way, Forget North Korea. It's always the groups we don't know about that are the issue.

Hacker groups make millions online as we speak, close to 2 grand a day, think about that bankroll happening. Now remember these aren't old white americans, they are of a global mindset, of different ages, creeds, understandings, and opinion.

Sooner or later someone will have enough money, enuff of a poisoned mindset and anger towards the opposition and try an get they're hand a go.

If there are companies like Blackwater, then how am I not to expect armies for hire as well? Then almost every villain idea ever told could be of possibility since tech is only a check sign away from the right people.

edit on 30-7-2013 by Tranceopticalinclined because: to add more Bacon bits.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Okay, you go on believing

I neither believe nor disbelieve. Nothing is proven or disproven, as stated in my first post.

/sigh.

Laugh I guess, at others, if it makes you feel better.

It really doesnt matter anymore. The time for The Wests people to humble themselves, come together and face and excise the cancer that has taken root in our nations is long since past.

Lets just all laugh at that other dilapidated house while ours burns into the ground.

I guess that makes it a little easier to deal with for some.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Collapse of the United States will mean millions of people who are minding their own business today, trying to live their lives and make ends meet? Won't survive to see the end of the events some seem to actually look forward to. Millions.....of......dead....civilians.

That's the only end result that comes from the collapse of the U.S., or any major world power for that matter. China, Russia, England..any of them. People are barely hanging on now, with what passes for working Government. Take that away? The screech is the sound of all those people slipping off the edge, to plunge into the abyss. Those rooting for it must have supreme confidence about being one of the minority who always do WELL in major unrest and strife?

So to topic, I look at the world and I see, daily, plenty of death and destruction that is actually happening or in the process of happening. Finding new things that don't have any tangible factual basis to build on or even point to as a source of rumor? Well, it's a busy busy world with what is happening. Why make up new stuff? That's just how I view it.

Of course, Kim has every reason to make up new stuff. Attention on him, as it has for just over 20 years now, usually means more grain, fuel/heating oil and other aid. Winter is coming soon enough for Kim to feel a shiver, I'll bet. It's that time of year for him to jump into the deep end of the hyperbole pool and fish for international aid again. Santa doesn't stop in the DPRK, after all.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Thank God you're here riding herd, Wrabbit.

I've got some important drinking to do, and can't be bothered to explain why North Korea lacks the funding to develop indoor plumbing, let alone something the big boys won't cop to cracking.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The yellow and black nuke symbols on the packs make great targets!

The silliness is in the display, not the concept.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join