It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Behold I have discovered the greatest Butty known to man !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PtolemyII
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Spaghetti and yakisoba ....buttys....no,you were drunk and couldn't find a fork ,so you slopped some Italian food on bread ,and some Japanese food on bread .....
And et em.

Just a guess

Yakisoba 'Butty'

Drunk? Always, but that doesn't matter.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

Yeeeeeeah......good stuff!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by chucknasty

Traditional Japanese food should *never* be put on a Kaiser roll
Blasphemy .
*shudders*

I do notice you didn't post pix of spaghetti on a roll.
ahem

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I spend a lot of time in NO .Whereabouts are you in La.

I actually don't eat a lot of po'boys.
I'm partial to red beans and rice with fried green tomatoes and remoulade....
Mmmmm....

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

reply to post by chucknasty

Traditional Japanese food should *never* be put on a Kaiser roll
Blasphemy .
*shudders*

I do notice you didn't post pix of spaghetti on a roll.
ahem

It looked the same as the yakisoba. Also sold mainly in Japan...and Hawaii. I do admit, I was drunk most of the times I've eaten them. Including the times I've made them in CONUS. I would say don't knock it until you've tried it, but I won't. It's not for everybody. The chip butty is pushing it...but I do see a French fry sammich in my near future.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I lived in Tokyo for years ,never seen yakisoba on a roll .Hawaii ,the land of spam ,that i can believe .

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

And for the spaghetti sandwich,i meant there aren't pictures of it on line ,because only you do it .....when you can't find the fork again

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

And for the spaghetti sandwich,i meant there aren't pictures of it on line ,because only you do it .....when you can't find the fork again

Lol, sooo true.

Edit - it looks the same as the yakisoba sandwich. Tastes the same when drunk.
Linky
edit on 9-9-2013 by ChuckNasty because: edit as above.

2nd edit - notice the corn...they even put corn on the pizzas.
edit on 9-9-2013 by ChuckNasty because: edit 2 as above

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I live on the westbank of the Mississippi River....across the bridge from New Orleans. It's called Gretna...do you know it? We are very proud of our unique style of cooking here....and I think everyone should come here once and try it before they die
The recipes you mentioned are awesome...here are a couple of my favorites....have MERCY LOL!

Blackened Redfish w/ shrimp and crabmeat

Shrimp Creole

Turducken...... (Turkey stuffed with a duck, stuffed with a chicken layered with sausage stuffing

edit on 9/9/2013 by StealthyKat because: spelling

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

No...i must come ! I unfortunately have developed an allergy to shellfish in the last 6 years.
I can't eat mussles clams oysters or shrimp anymore.*huge tears*
I haven't tried crawfish again out of fear .My reactions are worse each time so .

I seem to be able to eat crab .Not sure about lobster
I love a good boil ....
I actually wanted to buy a little place in Algiers ,but someone bought it out from under me .
I love new orleans .
edit on 9/9/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Oh you ....keep one of those multi utensils around .It has a fork knife and spoon .looks like a pocket knife .
Let me find a link

Here.Never leave home without it.

www.ebay.com...

And spaghetti on a roll i believe .never seen it ,but they put it in Bento boxes with everything so ...
Love the corn on top *gags*
Do you live in Japan ? I go for traditional food when I'm there so .katsu and okonomiyaki for me .
None of that weird bastardized gaijin fare .

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Awwww that's too bad. Was it one of the old houses? I always loved what they call "shotgun" houses. I hope you do get to comeback. I love New Orleans too. There is literally no place like it in the world. It is such a melting pot of cultures (that's why the food and music is so unique). I have left a few times, but I always winding up coming back LOL....

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

Awwww that's too bad. Was it one of the old houses? I always loved what they call "shotgun" houses. I hope you do get to comeback. I love New Orleans too. There is literally no place like it in the world. It is such a melting pot of cultures (that's why the food and music is so unique). I have left a few times, but I always winding up coming back LOL....

It was a house with a guest house behind it .whoever bought it is trying to resell the two houses separately ,for three times what they cost together .
No one is even living there.
It was just a few blocks off the bridge on Ptolemy st ...heh .
It

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Here are some non seafood items for you....man I am getting hungry!

Chicken and sausage jambalaya

Chicken andsausage gumbo

Roast BeefPoboy

Baked grits and cheese

edit on 9/9/2013 by StealthyKat because: sp

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
If I could pick one place in the US to go and hang for a few days just to eat, it would be New Orleans. Not during Mardi Gras, though. Too crowded and crazy for me. But along end of September to end of year, the weather's close to perfect. I love walking around the French Quarter and Garden District. And if there's a better city for cuisine anywhere, I haven't found it.

I'm more into the rustic country Cajun style personally, although I had one of the best meals I ever ate at Arnaud's. Eve if you think you don't like oysters, their oyster stew which at the time was an appetizer, will make you a believer. And that flaming coffee is just nuts. In a good way.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

You are so right! Oyster stew is one of my favorites. On Christmas Eve, I make all kinds of appetizers for my family party. I get those little pastry cups, and make a very thick oyster stew. I fill each pastry cup with a mixture of the oyster stew, with a little bread crumb, egg, and sharp cheddar cheese.

(I know it sounds strange, but this helps it solidify and turn out thick, so as to not make the pastry mushy)

Oh, and green onions or "shallots"....the end result is like a quiche....ugggh ....hard to explain. You'll just have to come on over on Christmas Eve and try one.....you would love it!

Here's a link to a recipe and photo of what they look like...this recipe is different than mine but I'm sure it's good! louisianaseafood.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Where do you get a good roast beef poboy !?! That looks yummy .

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

There is a chain of local stores here called "Danny and Clydes". Believe it or not.....that's where you can get the best ANY KIND of poboy! If you go there...you will think you have died and gone to poboy HEAVEN LOL! They have other things too.

www.dannyandclydes.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

StealthyKat
You'll just have to come on over on Christmas Eve and try one.....you would love it!

6:00 work for you?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Sure.....will you stop by Danny n Clydes and pick up some poboys? We need the party size that we can cut up into smaller party poboys...

we need

2 roast beef aux juis....dressed

2 shrimp...dressed

2 oyster...dressed

2 soft shell crab ...dressed

and a bunch of Barq's root beer and Budweiser

NOW you have a PAR-TAY LOL!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join