It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Behold I have discovered the greatest Butty known to man !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

A slappy is a Mancunian culinary delight, two slices of bread, marg and a Hollands meat and tator pie slapped between the bread.
Lovely

edit on 30-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Sounds great - will definitely be trying one of them soon.

I'll try anything in a sandwich / butty / stotty etc - Taylor's Pork Pies, Savouries and chilli sardines are more personal favourites.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

In a similar way...peanut stuffed celery is very tasty.
Yum...haven't had any in such a long time.....need to buy some celery tomorrow

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I second that. Cream cheese is also good with Celery.

As for a PPB sammich, add a little marshmallow fluff to that as well.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Try mixing some chopped green olives into that cream cheese first

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
What the Hell? I know you cousins across the pond eat some horrendous s#! T but man...seriously? You mix beef fat with berries and think it is a treat? We feed that crap mixed with seeds to birds over here during the winter. I only knew suet was bird feed until my girl looked it up because she wanted to know what spotted dick was...
No wonder you make so many movies about zombie attacks, cuz you eat guts and pee-draining organs in your "pies"...I like peaches...sometimes cherries...no organ meats please.
Cheers, though... I think...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

You are missing out on the wonders of Black puddings, white puddings,Tripe and trotters.
Here in Gods own country (God is an Englishman Mother of Jesus is called Mary can't get more english than that)
We actually invented cooking food, all Jonny foreigners just ate raw food but as the first person to discover fire (an Englishman) found out all our guts tasted better when cooked.
Except for tripe though (cows stomach) we just pickle that and the udder also.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by davethebear

I bet If any Americans are reading this thread they will think.

1) WTF is a butty
2)WTF is spotted dick
3) Gee those Brits are bonkers lol.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
And this is how BoyMonkey gets to travel all the world thats worth visiting

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Even though I have now been a vegetarian for over 30 years I still have the urge for the old pork scratchings...

I live in the West Midlands, the Black Country. The reason it's called the Black Country is due to the industrial revolution and all the air pollution that made the place as black as coal. It has nothing to do with a person's skin colour as I have been asked by Americans in the past.

The best scratchings are made here, but even though I don't eat meat, I still miss eating a packet with a proper pint of real ale....

So for any of you foreigners out there who have never tried this wonderful culinary delight, then get online and order yourself a box or two of the wonderful little packets of pig skin....mmmmmmmmmmmm.

You know you wanna....

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

The best bits are the ones with hair still on, or a bit of nipple

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
BTW I have just eaten my first "Elivis" butty and I will no put on 3-4 stone in the next few weeks

Bloody lovely

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Luxury I tell thee.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

The best bits are the ones with hair still on, or a bit of nipple

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, nothing beats a good hairy nipple scratching......I found a little match-box car steering wheel in a packet years ago, but it didn't taste as good...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Damn, you cousins eat all kinds of crazy stuff.

A good idea for a thread would be what we eat in our part of the world. I think It'd make for some interesting conversation.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Ee bah gum lad, I was raised on chip butty's!

As to why do Brits eat such strange food? Well....my parents were alive in England during WWII, with food rations...and they created meals out of...not much.
My gran's neighbour once found a German soldier in her back shed eating tulip bulbs. Everyone was hungry.
My ex-hubby was from Liverpool....ever had scouse, boymonkey? lol

Geez....now I want a butty.
jacygirl

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

I would have eaten the German also

EDIT: I mis read I missed the tulip bulb lol..I thought they ate the german

Yup I have had scouse many times, one of the best hangover cures going.
Half my Dads family are scouse, Iam actually a Mancunian but have lived in Yorkshire for 13 years or so and I love it around here.
edit on 31-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Mmmmmmmm scouse

I haven't had my mams scouse with pickled red cabbage in years.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
From all the thread chatter, count me in on some Butty and Dick.

Been eating Butty's like y'all mentioned, but we didn't have a name for it. Even ate spaghetti and yakisoba 'Buttys.'

The Dick... Forget what it was called, but I guess I love a good spotted dick. We ate spotted dick by the tons when we were kids. I really forget what it was called.. Even asked the wifey... She just shook her head in disbelief.

Maybe you limey Brits aren't so different after all. Everyone loves good foodstuff. Some just call it by a ga# a## name is all.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
Even though I have now been a vegetarian for over 30 years I still have the urge for the old pork scratchings...

I live in the West Midlands, the Black Country. The reason it's called the Black Country is due to the industrial revolution and all the air pollution that made the place as black as coal. It has nothing to do with a person's skin colour as I have been asked by Americans in the past.

The best scratchings are made here, but even though I don't eat meat, I still miss eating a packet with a proper pint of real ale....

So for any of you foreigners out there who have never tried this wonderful culinary delight, then get online and order yourself a box or two of the wonderful little packets of pig skin....mmmmmmmmmmmm.

You know you wanna....

You Sir are a HERO!!!
A fellow Midlander here liking the sound of this and Boymonkeys posts.
Imagine if we ever get an ATS gathering from across the pond travel over, the culinary delights that lie in wait for them!!
edit on 2-8-2013 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join